Name suggestions for my fiance?

Hey guys,

I’m having a hard time finding names me and my fiance both like. We’ll be TTC at the end of this year or 2017 and being a name nerd, I’m getting annoyed that I can’t find names we both like. Here’s some he likes:

Boys:
[name_m]Cyprian[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]
[name_m]Anakin[/name_m]
[name_m]Alphonse[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Alfie[/name_u])
Lelouche (however you spell it)
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]

Girls:
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]

And that’s it. I don’t like his girl names so I keep suggesting longer names for those short names he likes, such as [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] nn [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] but he doesn’t like that.

Any name suggestions for us?

So it seems like you’re only stuck on the girl names? Some of the boy names he likes seem to fit well with the ones in your signature: [name_m]Cyprian[/name_m], [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m], [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], [name_m]Victor[/name_m].

Interesting that he seems to like “fancier” boy names than girl ones. Some possibilities:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Freda[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretel[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Hester[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]/[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile: I think he could go for [name_f]Stella[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. I’ll mention it.

The only name we completely agree on is [name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], but I think we could do better than that.

But yes, were at a a complete loss for girl names.

I don’t know, man, [name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] has swag! <3

Something like Estelle nn Stella or Elle could work especially paired with a simple mn like Rose or April or something.
He seems to like simple classic names and you seem to like real girly flourishy ones… so I would try to keep your suggestions to 3 syllables max and preferably with a usable nickname. Or be sneaky and try to appeal to his interests ie) if he’s into video games look to some of his faves for name inspiration. Most guys have a strong name association factor.

Thank you! :slight_smile: Yeah I agree, hence why he loves the name [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] since its from one of his favourite video games, The Last of Us. :h So annoying! I’ll have to dig for some in video games though, that’s a good idea :stuck_out_tongue:

So he didn’t like [name_f]Stella[/name_f], but I found some other names he likes for girls. I have him a list lol He also likes:

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

I like them so too that’s a good start! I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but its so popular now :frowning: If anyone has other suggestions that would be great!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]+[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] = [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
Or What about [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]?

I asked him and he just likes [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I also tried [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] and he doesn’t like any :frowning: [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is very close to one we like, we both love the name [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].