name suggestions please.babynamers vote!.

My baby girl is due now and my husband and I are finding it impossible to agree on a name. We both would like a strong feminine name that will stand the test of time,is
distinctive and complements our surname very well.Our surname is [name]Deane[/name] and I find a
lot of first names run into it.Our other kids have biblical,irish and classic english names so we’re very open to great suggestions from you talented baby naming fiends. I can
predict that this little angel will have a very contented,calm,warm and happy persona
so her name should reflect this.Once I get some feedback,I will tell you a few of our
different ideas.Also we don’t like made-up kind of names but we can be adventurous!!!Please help,the more ideas the better.Thank you all so much.

[name]Angelica[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] means [name]Angelic[/name] and heavenly.

[name]Ava[/name] (means Life) [name]Caroline[/name] (means [name]Joy[/name]), so [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] means joyous life!

[name]Esther[/name] [name]Odile[/name], [name]Queen[/name] [name]Esther[/name] had all the qualities of a woman with a strong character. [name]Odile[/name] means wealthy.

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Belle[/name] means beautiful dawn

Traditional/Irish/Biblical:

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
Rosabel
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Lois[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Noemi[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Siobhan[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Mairead[/name]
[name]Eilidh[/name]
[name]Aoife[/name]
[name]Aine[/name]
[name]Enya[/name] / [name]Eithne[/name]

Adventurous:

[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Elora[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Aurea[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Amalia[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Viveca[/name]
[name]Julietta[/name]
[name]Christabel[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name]
[name]Charis[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Ines[/name]
[name]Leonor[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
Loredana
[name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Anwen[/name]
[name]Tabea[/name]
[name]Eleni[/name]
[name]Lillias[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Junia[/name]
[name]Callista[/name]
[name]Perdita[/name]
[name]Jocasta[/name]
[name]Sarai[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Ione[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name]
[name]Lucina[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Keziah[/name]
[name]Mireya[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Marcheline[/name]
[name]Alethia[/name]
[name]Elettra[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Madelena[/name]
[name]Constanza[/name]
[name]Vittoria[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Evadne[/name]
[name]Bethia[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
Adelise
[name]Katia[/name]
[name]Eliane[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]

Thank you so muck rollo for your thoughts.I liked [name]Esther[/name] [name]Odile[/name] [name]Deane[/name] and I do Like [name]Angelica[/name] but I’m not sure my husband will . I think he suggested [name]Odile[/name] recently.I know we both like [name]Delia[/name], but how does it sound with [name]Deane[/name]?I’m so glad I posted here because it’s so good to bounce ideas off an objective stranger who happens to have great imagination,knowledge and taste.So I’m open to hear some more distinctive lovely names that complements a happy,contented warm hearted daughter.Thanks a million rollo, and please keep these wonderful names a rollin’.

[name]Elea[/name] ,I am amazed at the breath and scope of wonderful names you blogged.Many of them 1 or 2 from the traditional list and several more from the adventurous list are
definite contenders.I will show my husband all these spot on names when he returns from work.With your impartial influence of great ideas I may be able to sway him in certain directions he may otherwise not have chosen.All other suggestions to suit surname [name]Deane[/name] and the criteria of being apt for a calm,contented,warm and strong baby girl are welcome.Talk to you p.m.Thanks again.

I tried coming up with a few, some are more classic and some more adventurous.

[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Aurinda[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Arcelia[/name]
[name]Camelia[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Maribel[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Fiorella[/name]
[name]Rosalina[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Nicoline[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Eulalia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Magdelene[/name]

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Deane[/name]? Is it like dee-ann? That’s how I’ve been saying it.

To Justthinkin,
I liked the names [name]Esme[/name] and maybe [name]Lena[/name] and [name]Nicoline[/name] from your great name list. Any more brilliant ideas for a name to suit [name]Deane[/name] as a surname.[name]Deane[/name] is pronounced exactly the same as the iconic [name]James[/name] [name]Dean[/name].

My first thought was [name]Felicia[/name], then I decided I preferred [name]Francesca[/name]. These might not go well with your other kids’ names but I think they sound lighthearted and go well with [name]Dean[/name]. There are so many other good suggestions here that I doubt I will have much more to contribute but if I think of more I’ll return. :slight_smile:

Oh, and [name]Aurelia[/name] was my runner-up but I see it’s already here.

My first thought was [name]Felicity[/name] (which I think is lovely, classic and perfect for the personality you describe) but I don’t know if you’re worried about it with your surname. Some other names with happiness connotations/meaning:

[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Farrah[/name]
[name]Joy[/name]
[name]Hilary[/name]
[name]Letitia[/name]
[name]Alisa[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]

My favourites with your surname are [name]Allegra[/name], [name]Alisa[/name], [name]Hilary[/name] or [name]Gwyneth[/name]. [name]Allegra[/name] [name]Dean[/name] I [name]LOVE[/name].

Well done lamps and teabee I did like [name]Alisa[/name] [name]Deane[/name],and letitia [name]Deane[/name] (but there’s a British soap actress with this name) I love the happy feel it imparts.Can I ask one more favour: If she were your daughter what first and middle name would you give her irrespective of how I described her kind/warm nature.List your no.1 and no.2 best sounding names to suit surname [name]Deane[/name] (pronounced the same as [name]James[/name] [name]Dean[/name] actor).When I hear your choices I will give you my top names and see if we can thrash it all out.

I love [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Deane[/name] and [name]Corinna[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Deane[/name].

I do love [name]Lena[/name], but I think it’s a little short for [name]Deane[/name], plus it kind of rhymes. Though it doesn’t sound fantastic with [name]Deane[/name], I love [name]Marielle[/name] and can easily picture a [name]Marielle[/name] being a sweet person.

[/quote]

Thank you Justthinkin. [name]Corinna[/name] - [name]How[/name] do you prononce this? I would say [name]Cor[/name] E na or thats what people in my locality would probably say.I know [name]Cor[/name] [name]Ina[/name] sounds more delicate and girly.Funny you should chose this blast from the past because it was a name that popped into my head and stayed there for a time (then I happened to see the whoopi Goldberg film) and the name lost some of the intrigue I think which is fickle of me.[name]Marielle[/name] now that is a lovely,sweet name esp with [name]Deane[/name]. The flow is excellent,and it has that quality of being ladylike and unusual.I’m not sure its The name but we’re certainly on a similar frequency. [name]Aurelia[/name] is a beautiful name but where I live it would be seen as too flambouyant . Thanks so much for your great ideas.

I second [name]Allegra[/name] [name]Deane[/name]. Sounds sweet and warm, yet strong. I think with your last name, you need at least two syllables and preferably ending in a vowel. At least that’s what comes to mind for me. Here are some suggestions:

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - Think this is very pretty, strong and flows nicely. [name]Evangeline[/name] also means bearer of good news.

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - I love the name [name]Josephine[/name] and think it empitomizes what you are going for (also love the nn option), but I don’t know how well the two names flow?

[name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - I like the sound of this, but I don’t know if it’s as sweet as you want. [name]Love[/name] the nn Gwynie, though.

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this combination and love that [name]Beatrice[/name] means she who brings happiness.

[name]Olive[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - I just think this name is so incredibly sweet!

[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - I’m breaking my little rule here, but I think [name]Maeve[/name] is such a wonderful name. It’s definitely strong, but also has a soft side. It would also fit in with the Irish naming of your other children.

My votes go to:

1.) [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
2.) [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

It does also depend on what your other children’s names are, but I think these two names have what you want for her.

Best of luck to you! =)

That’s funny about [name]Corinna[/name]. Keep saying it to yourself and maybe it will come back to you. I would pronounce it core-ree-nah but core-in-ah is pretty, too. [name]Do[/name] you live in the US or the UK?

I love how [name]Marielle[/name] is soft yet still substantial. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Marilla[/name]? I found it on the 1880 SSA name list. They’re very unusual, but some of these others may be worth checking out.

Also, what do you think of [name]Emilia[/name]? For some reason it appeals to me so much more than [name]Amelia[/name], weird. She was the “nice” character in [name]Othello[/name].

[name]Deane[/name]
[name]Love[/name] [name]Rollo[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Esther[/name] and [name]Elea[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Audra[/name]!
[name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Calandra[/name]
[name]Carmen[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Ileanna[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name] - I like this with [name]Deane[/name] even though they both end in an “n” sound.
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Melisandre[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] - it is so popular, but I love it!
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Thandiwe[/name] nn [name]Thandie[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Theodosia[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Zandra[/name]

[name]Eve[/name] is a beautiful and strong name.

[name]Eve[/name] [name]Mercedes[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Eve[/name] [name]Oceane[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Eve[/name] [name]Paloma[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

[name]Ursula[/name] is a favorite name of mine.

[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Mirelle[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name] Griet [name]Deane[/name] (Griet, I think is how you spell it, was the name of the girl in the pearl earring painting)
[name]Ursula[/name] [name]Ophelie[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

[name]Fauna[/name] is beautiful.

[name]Fauna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Fauna[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Fauna[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

[name]Mary[/name] is a lovely name.

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Violetta[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Jocasta[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Anwen[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

[name]Freya[/name]/ [name]Freja[/name] is the norse goddess of love.

[name]Freya[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] ([name]George[/name]-jane-uh) [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

[name]Guinevere[/name] is beautiful, also [name]King[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]'s wife…although she cheated on him with his first knight [name]Lancelot[/name].

[name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Ines[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Fleurette[/name] [name]Deane[/name] ([name]Fleurette[/name] is French for tiny flower)

[name]Lucy[/name] is nice.

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Deane[/name] (Beautiful!)
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Diana[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

[name]Anna[/name] is a beautiful classic.

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Yvaine[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Georgette[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

[name]Laurel[/name] is sweet.

[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Viviana[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

[name]Susannah[/name] is very pretty, it means lily.

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Vera[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Briony[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

I hope I helped some!