Name suggestions please

We’re expecting a little girl in [name_u]November[/name_u], a little girl who’s been VERY active since just 10 weeks (i never sleep…)

So we’re looking for a name that’s maybe a little spunky? Feminine but not too frilly.

Husband is 100% set on [name_f]Nova[/name_f], and I’m okay with it but not in love with it and I want some alternatives. He seems to want something associated with astronomy. He actually suggested [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] but there’s just no way I’m giving birth to a PLANET.

I like fantasy sounding names, I have an older daughter named Eres (I have spelling regrets, but it’s pronounced like [name_f]Eris[/name_f]). LOOOVE the name [name_u]Arya[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f] but it’s recent popularity spike has turned me off from it. Other names I love that husband said no to [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. Please, NOTHING with an [name_f]Addy[/name_f] nickname! It’s lovely, but I know so many.

Oh, Eres is so beautiful! I’ve never heard it before but it’s lovely. [name_f]Nova[/name_f] isn’t my favorite, but it’s not terrible either! I think you need something equally as unique and lovey as Eres. I do like the idea of a galactic name for your second daughter as [name_f]Eris[/name_f] has some astronomy reference; so here are some names with subtle astrological references:

[name_f]Faye[/name_f] - a comet of [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] - the name of a constellation
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Borealis
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] - one of [name_m]Saturn[/name_m]'s moon’s
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]- one of [name_m]Saturn[/name_m]'s moons
[name_u]Vega[/name_u] - fifth brightest star in the sky
[name_f]Leda[/name_f] - one of [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]'s moons

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - Maybe your husband would like this instead of [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]?

Good luck naming your sweet girl! Congratulation on #2!

I actually love [name_f]Nova[/name_f]! It’s a perfect [name_f]Celestial[/name_f] name for [name_u]November[/name_u]!

Some of my suggestions:

[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Celine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
Soniva

Best Wishes to you and your family!

Eres &: [name_f]Novalie[/name_f] . [name_f]Asha[/name_f] . [name_f]Asha[/name_f] [name_f]Novalie[/name_f] . [name_f]Neve[/name_f] . [name_f]Aisha[/name_f] ("A"sha) or EYE-sha

[name_f]Priya[/name_f] . [name_f]Della[/name_f] . [name_f]Delia[/name_f] . [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] / [name_f]Tahlia[/name_f] / [name_f]Talia[/name_f] . [name_f]Clio[/name_f] / [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] . [name_f]Raina[/name_f] / [name_f]Rena[/name_f] . [name_f]Annika[/name_f] / [name_f]Anika[/name_f]

[name_f]Ailsa[/name_f] . [name_f]Aura[/name_f] / [name_f]Ora[/name_f] . [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] . [name_u]Clare[/name_u] . [name_f]Callista[/name_f] / [name_f]Calista[/name_f] . [name_f]Coral[/name_f] . [name_f]Eve[/name_f] . [name_f]Elora[/name_f] . [name_u]Eden[/name_u]

[name_f]Etna[/name_f] . [name_f]Etta[/name_f] . [name_f]Phaedra[/name_f] . [name_f]Glenna[/name_f] . [name_u]Glenn[/name_u] . [name_f]Gia[/name_f] . [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] . [name_f]Genevra[/name_f] . [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] . [name_f]Irie[/name_f] . [name_f]Iva[/name_f]

[name_f]Indira[/name_f] . [name_f]Junia[/name_f] . [name_f]Juna[/name_f] . [name_u]Jude[/name_u] . [name_f]Jovie[/name_f] . [name_u]Jericho[/name_u] nn joey, coco, jeri etc.

[name_f]Jemma[/name_f] . [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] . [name_f]Kya[/name_f] . [name_u]Kyrie[/name_u] . [name_f]Kyra[/name_f] . [name_f]Kenna[/name_f] . Katriel . [name_f]Liv[/name_f] . Libba . [name_f]Lexa[/name_f] . [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]

Luelle . [name_f]Mora[/name_f] . [name_f]Minna[/name_f] . [name_f]Nika[/name_f] / [name_f]Nica[/name_f] . [name_u]Nouvel[/name_u] . [name_u]Odell[/name_u] . [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] nn nixie or pixi . [name_f]Anya[/name_f]

[name_u]Raven[/name_u] . [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] or Rheia . [name_u]Shea[/name_u] . [name_f]Sylva[/name_f] . [name_u]Skye[/name_u] . [name_f]Skyla[/name_f] . [name_f]Thea[/name_f] or [name_f]Theia[/name_f] . [name_f]Terra[/name_f] . [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]

[name_u]Wynn[/name_u] . [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] . [name_f]Yasmin[/name_f]

I actually love [name_f]Nova[/name_f]! It’s a perfect [name_f]Celestial[/name_f] name for [name_u]November[/name_u]!

Some of my suggestions:

[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Celine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]

Best Wishes to you and your family!

Loving the name suggestions of the PPs-
I too like [name_f]Nova[/name_f]
Eres is very special.
[name_m]Just[/name_m] adding [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]'s and Pope’s ‘Rape of the [name_m]Lock[/name_m]’ names e.g. [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]; or [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] are moons of Uranus -widening your celestial choice.
Best wishes -your name taste is spectacular.

What about [name_u]November[/name_u]? Then you could have the shortform [name_u]Ember[/name_u] (and if your dh wants to call her [name_f]Nova[/name_f] as a nn there’s nothing stopping him). [name_u]Ember[/name_u] and Eres would be pretty names for sisters!

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] also sounds like [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m], and it can be shortened to [name_f]Juno[/name_f] which was [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]'s wife! So that’s extra connection. [name_f]Jovie[/name_f] is also related to [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]. [name_f]Jovie[/name_f] is the feminine form of [name_m]Jove[/name_m]/[name_m]Jupiter[/name_m].

I also like the suggestion above of [name_u]Ariel[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

Side note: I don’t know how old your daughter Eres is, but I believe you can change the spelling of her name if you regret it. You could change it casually at first, then formally after a while. I would have pronounced her name as [name_m]Aries[/name_m].

Eres and [name_u]November[/name_u]
Eres and [name_u]Ember[/name_u]
Eres and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
Eres and [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
Eres and [name_f]Jovie[/name_f]
Eres and [name_u]Ariel[/name_u]

Lots of great suggestions already but I don’t think I’ve seen [name_f]Mira[/name_f] or [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] (nn Dreamy is my favorite) or if you’re very adventurous Laniakea is very neat…celestial and Hawaiian.

LOL. This gave me a good laugh. XD

I love astronomy names too. Does he want something really obvious or subtle connection is okay too? [name_f]Elara[/name_f], for example, is a moon in [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m], but of course nobody will get the astronomical connection at first.

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] - a constellation
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Adhara[/name_f] - star in canis major
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] - star in orion
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Carina[/name_f] - constellation
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] - one of the pleiades
[name_f]Electra[/name_f] - same as above
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] - a constellation

Thanks for so many great suggestions! We both seem to like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but I love the nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and he has a male friend named [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. He is military though so first names are not usually used, we’ve not decided if this is a deal breaker lol hmm. We liked [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] too until we got into a small argument over the correct pronunciation. /Sigh. Who knew this would be so difficult?!

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] would be amazing next to Eres; seriously, GORGEOUS! The nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] only adds to the appeal of the name, in my opinion. :slight_smile: If it’s any consolation, I don’t think that should be a deal breaker if you both like the name, like you said he’s most likely more known by his last name than his first. As for [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], my favorite pronunciation is Leer-ah but I see many on this site who use Lie-rah, so there is no technically correct pronunciation; so you could use whatever you like best. I only say [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] because the name reminds me of the word [name_u]Lyric[/name_u].
Seriously though, either one of these would be so perfect with Eres. Keep us updated! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Nova[/name_f] is cute!

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Neva[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] or [name_f]Juno[/name_f] instead of [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]!
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] has an alternative to [name_u]Arya[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Avia[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Oriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]