Name That Fits

I am having a little trouble with what to name our twin girls. We have four boys [name]Jack[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Ian[/name]. I love classic beautiful names. I am having trouble narrowing down our choices and finding names that sound good together but are not matchy matchy.

Names I love
[name]Francesca[/name] (need to find a nickname we all like)
[name]Claire[/name] (love this name but can it stand on its own)
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] (mn most likely)
cecilia
leigh (is this to harsh)
julia (for some reason this seems hard to say)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (is this to common)
[name]Vivian[/name]

Names that have been mentioned
[name]Kate[/name]
georgia
anna
audrey
jane
lydia
charlotte

I dont think [name]Francesca[/name] “goes” with the rest of your kids names (what about [name]Frances[/name]?)… but I like [name]Claire[/name]… [name]Elizabeth[/name] would be a great mn…
[name]Charlotte[/name] is a great, classic names…
some others to consider…

[name]Leah[/name] (less harsh, prettier version of [name]Leigh[/name]?)
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Alexa[/name]/[name]Alexis[/name]
Loerlei
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]

…[name]Audrey[/name] & [name]Anna[/name] ([name]Annie[/name]?) are also great names… they would be great for a twin set… o [name]Audrey[/name] & [name]Alexa[/name].

[name]Anna[/name] & [name]Leah[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] & [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] & [name]Leah[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] & [name]Alexis[/name]

hope this helps?!

[quote=“calla”]I am having a little trouble with what to name our twin girls. We have four boys [name]Jack[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Ian[/name]. I love classic beautiful names. I am having trouble narrowing down our choices and finding names that sound good together but are not matchy matchy.

[name]Francesca[/name] (need to find a nickname we all like): I think the classic [name]Frances[/name] would be more in line with your sons’ names, but I love [name]Francesca[/name], too. :slight_smile:

[name]Claire[/name] (love this name but can it stand on its own): I definitely think [name]Claire[/name] stands on its own, but if you’d prefer something longer, what about [name]Clara[/name]?

[name]Caroline[/name]: I think [name]Caroline[/name] works perfectly with your sons’ names…

[name]Grace[/name] (mn most likely): It definitely works, but it’s very popular, too…

cecilia: I really love [name]Cecilia[/name], and [name]Celia[/name], too.

leigh (is this to harsh): [name]Leigh[/name] is quite trendy and dated, and doesn’t work with your sons’ classic names.

What about [name]Lila[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Laura[/name], or [name]Louisa[/name]?

julia (for some reason this seems hard to say): I love [name]Julia[/name], but love [name]Juliet[/name] even more. If you don’t like [name]Julia[/name]'s sound, it’s not the name for you!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] (is this to common): [name]Elizabeth[/name] is in the top 10, but it’s a classic. [name]How[/name] about [name]Eliza[/name]? If you enter a name into the “check out a name” box, you can see its popularity ranking.

[name]Vivian[/name]: I think this works, too.

[name]Kate[/name]: I think it’s a great nickname for [name]Katherine[/name]…

georgia: I love [name]Georgia[/name], but with four brothers, perhaps a daughter will want a name with a purely feminine nickname?

anna: It’s very popular, but I think it’s so pretty. What about [name]Annabelle[/name]?

audrey: Very popular now, too…

jane: I adore the simple, classic [name]Jane[/name].

lydia: I love it!
charlotte: [name]Lovely[/name], too…

More ideas:

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]/[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] (nn [name]Maisie[/name] or [name]Daisy[/name])
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]Just[/name] stick to classic or vintage names, and you’ll be fine…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Of your choices, I like these combos:

[name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]”absolutely gorgeous and definitely go with your sons’ names, my top pick!
[name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]”simple and classic
[name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name]”short and sweet

I like [name]Caroline[/name] & [name]Elizabeth[/name] :slight_smile:

I think these are perfect names together

[name]Esme[/name] [name]Claire[/name] & [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

Pairs:
[name]Julianne[/name] & [name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] & [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] & [name]Elsbeth[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] & [name]Celia[/name]
[name]Gracia[/name] & [name]Elisa[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] & [name]Cecilia[/name]

As a grown up [name]Julia[/name], I must say, it is a great name. You have a wide variety of nicknames for your personality (I have been Ju to [name]Jewels[/name]) and you have beautiful, traditional name. If it wouldn’t be completely narcissistic and confusing, I would name my child [name]Julia[/name].

[name]Julia[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] would go well together.
[name]Amelia[/name] is a great classic name.
[name]Claire[/name] can definitely stand on its own, but I would match it with another short name, like [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Jane[/name] so that your daughters are balanced.

I had to laugh at the last post - I am also a grown up [name]Julia[/name] and have often thought if it didn’t seem so strange, that I too would name my daughter [name]Julia[/name]! It really is a fantastic name: classic, familiar without being common, and easy to spell.

hope is my favorite girl’s name, also ione/iona (hard to pick one between those two)

I like the name [name]Julia[/name] alot. I also think that [name]Clara[/name] stands on its own better than [name]Claire[/name] and seems more timeless to me. Best of luck! :slight_smile:

My friend’s daughter’s name is [name]Francesca[/name] and her nn is [name]Chess[/name].

I am having a little trouble with what to name our twin girls. We have four boys [name]Jack[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Ian[/name]. I love classic beautiful names. I am having trouble narrowing down our choices and finding names that sound good together but are not matchy matchy.

Names I love
[name]Francesca[/name] (need to find a nickname we all like) - prefer [name]Frances[/name] with your sons’ names nn [name]Francie[/name], [name]Franny[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] (love this name but can it stand on its own) - yes, so can [name]Clare[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] - love
cecilia - one of my faves
leigh (is this to harsh) - I don’t really like it that much.
julia (for some reason this seems hard to say) - love
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (is this to common) - love, fun nns [name]Libby[/name] and [name]Lizzie[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Liza[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] - one of my faves, nn [name]Vivi[/name] so cute

[name]Kate[/name]
georgia - love
anna - love
audrey - very cute
jane - love
lydia - I don’t like this name, but a lot of people do like it a lot.
charlotte - has harlot in it. That kind of ruins it for me.

More ideas:
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] or [name]Nell[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] nn [name]Mamie[/name]
[name]Patricia[/name] nn Paisha - I love the name [name]Patricia[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Nell[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] nn [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]

I can’t remember if I made a list for you before. If I did, the above list is probably redundant.

Best of luck to you and your family! Here are my faves:
(must say I agree with others about [name]Francesca[/name]/[name]Frances[/name] so I’m using [name]Frances[/name])

*[name]Frances[/name] & [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] & [name]Claire[/name]
[name]France[/name] & [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] & [name]Elizabeth[/name]
*[name]Frances[/name] & [name]Anna[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (could call her full/both)

*[name]Caroline[/name] & [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] & [name]Claire[/name] (kind of a tongue twister but I know sisters with these names)
[name]Caroline[/name] & [name]Cecilia[/name]
*[name]Caroline[/name] & [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Anna[/name] & [name]Audrey[/name]
*[name]Anna[/name] [name]Grace[/name] & [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] & [name]Tessa[/name] (could do [name]Anna[/name] [name]Grace[/name] & [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] & [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Grace[/name])

[name]Leah[/name] [name]Grace[/name] & [name]Julia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Claire[/name] & [name]Grace[/name]

• my fave faves :wink:
    I think that’s it! Good luck!

I put up a new post becuase I was having trouble posting here but I was wondering how these names sounded together for twin girls. Sorry I know we changed some of the names around. I love the name [name]Julia[/name] but some of the little kids can say it properly. I think my favorite pair is [name]Vivian[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name].

[name]Vivi[/name] and [name]Caro[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] (I am afraid this sounds very hard)
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (I am not sure how these names flow together)
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (my favorite at this time)
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] (is this a little bit a mouthful)

The other names in the running are [name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Eliza[/name]) and [name]Isabella[/name] (bella) or [name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Dorthea[/name] (thea)

[name]How[/name] about…
[name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] (maybe [name]Kate[/name] for short)

[/quote]

[name]Vivi[/name] and [name]Caro[/name] are from the movie Divine Secrets of the yaya sisterhood… very cute

[name]Francesca[/name] (need to find a nickname we all like)
[name]Claire[/name] (love this name but can it stand on its own)
[name]Caroline[/name]
cecilia
leigh (is this to harsh)
julia (for some reason this seems hard to say)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (is this to common)
[name]Vivian[/name]

[name]Kate[/name]
georgia
anna
audrey
jane
lydia
charlotte

My favourites are :
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (a nn for [name]Francesca[/name], aside from the obvious [name]Fran[/name]/[name]Frannie[/name]/[name]Frances[/name], is Cesi (chess-ee) or just cesca)
If you use [name]Francesca[/name] as one of the first names, I think the other name should be quite long, too, so …
[name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name].
Or, how about [name]Victoria[/name] or [name]Samantha[/name]?
I hope this helps!

[name]Claire[/name] is wonderful, and [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds perfect with your boys’ names. I think [name]Sophie[/name] goes well, too.