Name the main character game!

Pretty simple, I’m sure there are other games similar to this, but thought I would make me own. I used to play a version of this with my friends when I was younger.

Briefly fill out the answers to the following questionnaire and let the next poster name your character!

Appearance: Briefly describe complexion, hair style, distinctive features, clothing style etc.
Family: Briefly describle family situation. No need to include names unless you want to.
Personality: Briefly describe who they are. Popular? Outgoing? Shy? Evil? Whatdo they like to do?
Location: Could be country, but also could be a description like somewhere cold or on a spaceship
[name_f]Era[/name_f]/setting: Modern, futuristic, medieval, 70’s, 80’s, whatever suits.
Theme: If applicable. Modern, futuristic, adventure etc.

I’ll kick it off :slight_smile:

Appearance: Italian-American with olive skin and curly brown hair that needs a trim. Dark eyes and a big goofy smile. He has an older sister who he doesn’t get on very well with as they have very little in common. His clothing is mostly just skinny jeans and a tshirt. He wears round-rimmed glasses to read but is self-conscious of them.
Family: Dad’s Italian and owns a restaurant, Mom is American and works in healthcare. They would consider themselves working class but doing okay.
Personality: He is introverted and quiet until you know him and then you can’t get him to stop talking. He loves to read and learn. He’s a bit of a dreamer and a romantic. He loves classic literature, indie movies and wants to travel the world. He speaks almost fluent Italian but gets embarrassed when people ask him to. He dreams of going to an [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] League college to study something in Liberal Arts. He’s gay, but hasn’t come out yet except to his best friend, [name_f]Eva[/name_f].
[name_f]Era[/name_f]/setting: Modern day
Theme: A YA romance story!

Daniel [name_m]Francesco[/name_m] [name_m]Ricci[/name_m] or [name_m]Alessio[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] de [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
(Not sure if I was supposed to give a surname but I did anyway)

Appearance: She is white but spends a lot of time outside, giving her a light tan. She has wavy, dark brown hair that reaches just beyond her shoulders and brown eyes. She usually wears her hair down. She is of average height but is pretty thin/scrawny- not at all athletic or strong. She mostly wears short, floral sundresses and white Vans.
Family: Raised by her single father, an artist, and his girlfriend, a socialite. Her biological mother died of cancer shortly after her birth.
Personality: She has a strong relationship with her father. She is sarcastic and funny, but often finds herself apologizing when her joking has gone too far. She does well in school and has a close group of friends.
Era/setting: Modern-day
Theme: YA mystery/crime novel

1 Like

Piper [name_u]June[/name_u] was my first thought :))

Age: 9 month old baby at start of novel 4 years at the end.
Appearance: [name_u]Light[/name_u] brown, soft curly hair. [name_m]Brown[/name_m] eyes. White skin and freckles.
Family: [name_m]Born[/name_m] in 1938 to a working class (poorish) family in [name_u]London[/name_u]’s [name_u]East[/name_u] End. Is evacuated to [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] as a baby and lives there for 3 years (ish). Older sister is [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] [name_m]Jenkins[/name_m] ‘[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]’ (age 16)
Personality: Cheeky and mischievous, loves playing with dolls and teddy bears.
[name_f]Era[/name_f]: 1930s/40s
Theme: Historical Fiction, Romance.

Violet [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] was my first thought!

Appearance: thin wisps of black hair, and gray eyes. Pale skin.
Family: has an older sister named [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_m]Evans[/name_m]
Personality: loves to be the center of attention, and very playful
Era/setting 1960s
Theme: Historical fiction

1 Like

[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_m]Evans[/name_m] sounds cute to me!

(I hope that [name_m]Evans[/name_m] was the surname, I wasn’t sure! love that her occupation is baby :joy:)

Appearance: Skinny, gangly kid with dirty blonde hair pulled into two braids. She has some freckles across her nose and cheeks and has greenish-blue eues. She’s naturally pale but spends a lot of time outside so has tan lines and often a red nose/cheeks. She wears overalls and converse, and usually has scuffed knees.
Family: Only child
Personality: Rambunctious, active and inquisitive. Always climbing trees or riding her bike. Isn’t exactly popular at school as she’s a tomboy but has some friends (mainly boys) in the neighborhood she likes to play with. Being an only child, she’s also happy with her own company, making dens or playing with her dogs.
[name_f]Era[/name_f]/setting 1980’s
Theme: Kids adventure story

Charlotte Leclaire ([name_u]French[/name_u] last name, gives her a bit of a background)
Fender: female
Appearance: long, white bleached wavy hair with dark roots, brown eyes, pale, wears jeans and white t-shirts and converse. Skinny
Family: younger sister
Personality: good natured but gets into lot’s of crappy situations, likes reading books and has many Tik Tok/ Instagram followers.
Location: [name_u]Adagio[/name_u], [name_f]Corsica[/name_f], [name_f]France[/name_f]
[name_f]Era[/name_f]/setting: 2010s
Theme: young adults fiction

Therese “[name_f]Tess[/name_f]” Boucher sounds perfect for her!

Occupation: none (unless you count [name_u]French[/name_u] court, because that’s a job in itself)
Appearance: long, wavy blond hair and light eyes; tan from spending time outdoors, but dresses very fashionably and loves fashion
Family: younger sister died at age 4, parents arranged marriage to [name_m]Louis[/name_m] XIV’s (son, nephew, etc), grew up in a convent, then arrived at court to get married
Personality: Funny, adventure-seeking, and highly emphatic. Hates being an only child and misses her sister terribly. Has a love hate relationship with the scheming at Versailles, but is doted on by the [name_m]King[/name_m] because of her love of the arts.
[name_f]Era[/name_f]: 1690s-1700s
Theme: Historical Fiction

Genevieve [name_m]Allard[/name_m] — Geneviève after the saint and [name_m]Allard[/name_m] apparently means noble.

Appearance: brown hair, brown eyes, white. She’s a little skinny, but muscular, too.
Family: she’s got a father ([name_m]Aaron[/name_m]), younger sister ([name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]), and a stepmother ([name_f]Elinor[/name_f], who’s the crown princess)
Personality: stubborn, she like things neat and tidy, but hates cleaning. Against her will, she’s engaged to the prince of [name_f]France[/name_f]. (His name at the moment is [name_m]Darwin[/name_m], if that helps.)
Location: the U.S., possibly in [name_f]France[/name_f] at one point.
[name_f]Era[/name_f]: 2020
Theme: YA
I kind of already have an idea of a name, but would like to see what you guys think. You’re welcome to do a last name if you want. Preferably, not a name common for the actual royal families, but try your best! Sorry for the pickiness!
Thanks

Allegra because it just sounds [name_u]Royal[/name_u] to me!

Appearance: really dirty blonde/ light brown, crystal blue eyes, pretty smile, short, white, and fairly skinny
Family: father: [name_u]August[/name_u], mother: [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], Twin brother: [name_u]Seth[/name_u], Dog: [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], other dog: [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
Personality: kind, nurturing, creative, opinionated, stubborn, stylish, passionate, enthusiastic, energetic, thoughtful, has anxiety
[name_f]Era[/name_f]: 2020

1 Like

I feel like she would have a classic but cute name, I’m leaning for [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Adler[/name_m]!

appearance: long blonde hair that she chops at some point in the story, brown eyes, medium height, thin but likes flowy, bohemian fashion
family: [name_m]Ford[/name_m], husband; [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], mother (widow); [name_u]Ashtyn[/name_u], sister; [name_u]Eden[/name_u], sister; [name_m]Ammon[/name_m], brother; [name_u]Beckett[/name_u], brother; [name_m]John[/name_m], brother; [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], brother
Personality: religious (lds!!), rebellious, stubborn, guarded, spontaneous
Location: Starts in [name_u]Utah[/name_u], ends up somewhere else
[name_f]Era[/name_f]: modern
Theme: adult fiction

1 Like

That’s an interesting sibset! The name that first pops out to me is [name_f]Matilda[/name_f].

Appearance: Mixed race, medium-tone skin, brown coily hair.
Family: Single Dad, [name_u]Ray[/name_u], is raising them alone after his girlfriend died due to complications following childbirth.
Personality: Bubbly, energetic, typical cheeky kids. [name_f]Happy[/name_f] and outgoing, well-loved.
Era/setting: Modern
Theme: [name_u]Drama[/name_u]

Harper [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
or
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]

Appearance: Caucasian, stringy white-blonde hair, average height, very thin.
Family: Her mother, [name_f]Kerri[/name_f], works a typical office job and her father, [name_m]Paul[/name_m], is a long-haul trucker. She has two older sisters, [name_f]Becca[/name_f] and [name_f]April[/name_f].
Personality: She is shy and doesn’t speak often, but cares a lot about those important to her. Her oldest sister, [name_f]Becca[/name_f], is always getting into trouble with the law and takes up most of her parents’ attention, so she spends a lot of time with her other sister, [name_f]April[/name_f], and doesn’t like to cause problems, keeping her worries to herself. She is responsible and mostly raises herself, including earning money by babysitting for her neighbors. She is very practical and resourceful, the type you would want around in an emergency.
Era/setting: Modern day

I think she would be a [name_f]Nora[/name_f] or a [name_f]Joslyn[/name_f] “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]!”

Appearance: olive skin, dark eyes, and long dark hair
Family: Father [name_m]Piero[/name_m]; long lost sister [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]; unhappy husband [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
Personality: maternal, enneagram 2, highly loyal and driven by duty. loves her family but has trouble hearing her own needs over theirs
[name_f]Era[/name_f]: Today
Theme: adult fiction

1 Like

[name_f]Chiara[/name_f]! I love that name.

Appearance: Scruffy brownish blonde hair, skinny, likes to wear shorts even when it’s cold. Never wears shoes
Family: His parents are modern day hippies. Their children are considered “free-range” and are homeschooled. He has four older siblings: [name_u]Blue[/name_u] (girl, 14), [name_u]Seven[/name_u] (boy, 12), [name_u]Rocket[/name_u] (girl, 10), [name_u]Lux[/name_u] (girl, 8)
Personality: He’s sensitive and sweet but also full of beans.
Era/setting: Modern
Theme: Family fiction

Jaxon or [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] came to mind for some reason.

Appearance: Curly red hair that is usually straightened, 5’0”, athletic body type, dark eyes, fair skin
Family: Father: [name_m]John[/name_m] III, works at GM, Mother: [name_f]Vicky[/name_f], used to be a nurse, Brother: unnamed, used to be in the [name_u]Navy[/name_u], now a firefighter, married to [name_f]Audrie[/name_f], has kids [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f], Brother: [name_u]Scott[/name_u], lives in [name_f]Chicago[/name_f]
Personality: Outgoing, bold, laid-back, firm, dedicated
Location: Michigan, near [name_u]Lake[/name_u] St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u]
Era: Late 2010s

[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] [name_f]April[/name_f] [name_m]Boone[/name_m]!

Appearance: Medium brown skin tone, dark brown hair in shoulder-length dreads, they have a few flora/plant tattoos, and enjoy earthy makeup. Their wardrobe is very plain, consisting of cargo shorts, tie-dye t-shirts, hiking boots and the like.
Family: Father ([name_m]Charles[/name_m] “[name_u]Charley[/name_u]”) and mother ([name_f]Wanda[/name_f]) live hours away in the city. Has older sister ([name_f]Ebony[/name_f]) who they’re very close with. Family relations are good.
Personality: They’re an outdoors lover with a passion for educating kids. They hope to hike different mountains around the world. They’re very outgoing and compassionate. Some coworkers can find them almost too excitable, but the kids enjoy them.
Era/setting: Modern.
Theme: Contemporary/modern realistic fiction.

I think of [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] [name_m]Greene[/name_m].

Appearance: [name_m]Messy[/name_m] red hair that usually down or in a long braid on the side of her head, eyes that change almost every day from sky blue to olive green to dark violet-blue. Freckles decorating her whole face. Very short, especially compared to her boyfriend who is 6’2". Her typical outfit is ripped jeans, a tank top, and scruffy sneakers.
Family: Oldest of five children, siblings are [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], [name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_m]Jayce[/name_m], and [name_f]Cassia[/name_f]. Loves them very much and has a soft spot for her youngest sister, [name_f]Cassia[/name_f]. They live with both their parents and she resembles her father([name_m]Markus[/name_m]) the most with his fiery red locks and light skin. Her mother ([name_f]Emilia[/name_f]) has darker features, but besides that they have everything else alike. The same nose, eye and mouth shapes, and the same temper.
Personality: She has little patience for all of her siblings, with the exception of [name_f]Cassia[/name_f]. She loves to draw in her spare time. She never cares about her appearance. Her mother scolds her for wearing the same outfit two days in a row, and for not bothering to brush her hair. She usually keeps to herself and it isn’t easy to gain her trust. Her boyfriend ([name_f]Blayke[/name_f]) is one of the only people she really trusts and cares about. With that, she is the most harsh with him. She loves being outside: she has a special place in the forest near her house where she can truly be alone and draw. She is very smart, but doesn’t like to draw attention to herself.
[name_f]Era[/name_f]/setting: Present day
Theme: Realistic fiction

Occupation: Full time education, student, but weekend job at the local cafe
Appearance: [name_m]Long[/name_m] brown hair to about mid back, deep hazel eyes, freckles, pale skin of a french/british heritage around 5’4/163cm, longer heart shape face
Family: Lives with mum and little sister [name_f]Eva[/name_f], Mum works lots doing nights at the hospital and dad disappeared one night taking my elder brother and sister, we haven’t seen them in years, were left to cope without them, my youngest sister is still in primary/elementary so she knows very little about my parents big split
Personality: Very quiet until you get to know me, I love hanging out with friends drinking around a fire, taking pictures of everything i possibly can! At school i’m very quiet as a lot of my friends don’t attend this school, and it sucks. I’m very friendly to all i can and can’t hold a grudge, I like to befriend all I can as long as they like to have a bit of fun and a laugh
Location: [name_u]South[/name_u] west [name_u]London[/name_u], in the little town of [name_m]Richmond[/name_m], left with nothing but our apartment since dad left
[Era] Modern day
Theme: Modern city living but a struggle for a single mother family

Angelina [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Morris[/name_m]

Appearance: Tall and pale with freckles. Shoulder-length brown hair. Wears jean jackets and Vans. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] eyes.
Family: Mother named [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u].
Father named [name_u]Jay[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. [name_m]Little[/name_m] sister (11) named [name_f]Katie[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. [name_m]Little[/name_m] brother (7) named [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] and [name_u]Jay[/name_u] argue often.
Personality: She is quiet, reserved, and moody. It takes time for her to warm up to people. She is secretly in love with the popular blonde cheerleader, [name_f]Andi[/name_f] [name_u]Clarke[/name_u], but they run in different circles.
[name_f]Era[/name_f]: modern day
Theme: Coming of Age/Romance

Annabel [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] “[name_f]Anna[/name_f]”

Appearance: Average height, short red hair, brown eyes
Family: Mom named [name_f]Lena[/name_f] Canel ([name_u]Kay[/name_u]-[name_f]Nel[/name_f]), dad named [name_m]Richard[/name_m] Canel, little siblings named [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] (g, 12), [name_u]Riley[/name_u] (g, 10), [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] (b, 10), and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] (b, 8)
Personality: [name_f]Cheerful[/name_f] and caring but easily frustrated around adults
[name_f]Era[/name_f]: Modern day
Theme: Coming of age