Name the Style

Sooo…
I was thinking that this thread could be kind of like rate the user card, but instead of talking about each individual name, the poster would try to identify the previous poster’s style based on their user card. Or, if someone prefers, they could put a list of a few names at the end of their post and ask the next poster to identify the style of that list rather than their user card. And, it can be different for boys names and girls names, and it can use multiple words to describe it, like “your style is short, unique, and mythological for girls and classic and old-english for boys”.
I hope that this makes sense!

5 Likes

Oooo! Fun Idea!
I would say your style is elegant and classy names for girls. They all seem like old classics to me. You pair then with the most whimsical and wondrous nature names, which gives them a more modern feel (I love them btw!)
Your boys names are also modern classics with spunkier middle names!

1 Like

@may.rose
I’d say you enjoy classic, contemporary first names with more unusual, nature-inspired middle names. I also detect Biblical inspiration in your list of boy names.

2 Likes

@jonquils
If I were to boil it down to the fewest words possible, I’d call your style Puritan chic. You seem to draw a lot of inspiration from your faith and from nature, which is reflected in your naming style. As a whole, your combos manage to be both whimsical and quirky while feeling timeless and historical. Your combos are very fun to say, and I loved reading about how meaningful all of them are to you in your Top 10 and 20 posts :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ceilidh_rooney

Your style is what I call vintage charm! All of them are so classy and perfectly complete – neither boring nor over-the-top, neither trendy not outdated, rather falling into that perfect sweet spot.

1 Like

@elanorelle
Your style is mostly vintage classic, with a few international and more trendy names sprinkled in. It brings to mind Brontë novels, fragrant flowers and little cottages full of the smell of fresh baking.

1 Like

@[name_f]Gia[/name_f].berry I would say your style is vintage with a literary flair. They are beautiful, classic yet unique names. A lot of your names (especially the boys) remind me of great book characters. I love them! [name_u]Fox[/name_u], pearl, honey, lavender and lily all give me nature vibes as well!

1 Like

@Mickeywich your style is literary classic! I definitely recognized some characters in your card, haha. Somehow though, you manage to take classic characters and classic names and make combos that are new and interesting!

@jonquils your names evoke whimsy and charm. They scream joy to me. Bringing out the joys in life that spark that happiness within you. They are a perfect blend of virtue/biblical and nature with a bit of tradition.

@anamingstory, your names are relatively eclectic, with some more unique ones like [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], [name_f]Aliza[/name_f], [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m], and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], and some more classic ones, like [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_m]Truman[/name_m], and [name_m]Graham[/name_m].

Your style appears to be classic with a nature/floral theme with a hint of rarity. You have some really pretty combos especially [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Night[/name_u], [name_u]Finlay[/name_u] [name_m]Alder[/name_m], [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] & [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f]

@jonquils, your style is so hard to describe! It’s a blend of fairytale and faith… always reminds me of CS [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] for that reason. I think of these as homeschooled kids who grow up a little bit out of the ordinary. They spend lots of time outdoors and reading and going to church and playing make believe. They’re a creative bunch for sure.

Not sure I’ve figured out the usercard, so I’m listing my names here!

June, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_f]Tansy[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

Thomas, [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], [name_m]Mac[/name_m], [name_m]Will[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_u]Miles[/name_u]

1 Like

I think your style is nature, with just a hint of colonial taste. It reminds me of the setting of Anne with an E, beautiful and magical, yet grounded. They all sound soft, yet strong, and hold a certain kind of quiet bravery.

1 Like

Lots of mythological and fantastical influence, a little bit of an offbeat hippie flavor but also some more stately choices. Your names all feel very warm and positive to me, that’s their constant to me, with some that are more a calm, radiating sunlike warmth and others a more energetic, joyful warmth.

Your names are very traditional, timeless and classical. Boy names are strong and handsome. While your girl names are soft and beautiful

Your boy names are strong and masculine, familiar while being a bit offbeat. Your girl names are feminine and elaborate, with strong influence taken from nature and word names.

Your girl names are a mix of trendy classics and vintage, beautiful antiques with a touch of uncommon and modern.

Your boy names have a strong influence from the Bible. They are more uncommon but recognizable paired with more traditional middles.

1 Like

Your style is very faith-inspired and quriky, whimsical, classic, and vintage. You love uncommon virtue and word names (as do I) and you adore unheard of names. You don’t care as much about the prettiness as the power.

1 Like

You like more uncommon names. They all feel whimsical and music, nature or literary inspired. If I heard them in public I would do a double take because I think they are cool and would be happy people are using those names (especially the boys). Your girls names feel a bit older.

1 Like

You like familiar but offbeat names, with most of your combos striking a balance between classic sounding and modern quirky! For NB they’re not “out there” but if I met children with many of these names I would be pleasantly surprised.