Name thoughts? ARIELLA? OR?

So I would love to honor my grandmother by giving my baby her name or a version of it. I was given two middle names at birth so I’m not opposed to doing that as well.

[name_f]My[/name_f] grandma’s name is [name_f]Arietta[/name_f].

I was thinking [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] R.

ARIELLA (are-e-ella)MEANS LIONESs Of God. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband says it sounds too much like areola.

Should I go with [name_f]Arietta[/name_f] or [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]? I dont want her name to sound like a breast or to sound too old timey.

Her Siblings name is Lillienna [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f].

Thoughts?

Arietta sounds perfect! You could even use it as the first name, it goes really well with Lillienna.

2 Likes

Ariella is lovely
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] is a great combo!!

I love [name_f]Arietta[/name_f], it’s beautiful and works well with the rest of your chosen name. I think [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] is great too and I didn’t make the link to areola until you mentioned it, so I think it would also work well. [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] does sound more modern if that’s what you’re going for, especially because [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is a vintage gem! [name_f]Etta[/name_f] or [name_f]Aeta[/name_f] are other options if you didn’t want to use [name_f]Arietta[/name_f] or [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] - but they are more old fashioned choices.

All in all, I would say [name_f]Arietta[/name_f] unless you really prefer the modern sound, in which case [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] is perfect and definitely not too breast-y!! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this has helped and wasn’t too wishy washy!

I think [name_f]Arietta[/name_f] is beautiful.

My niece is named [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] and we thought her nn would be [name_f]Aria[/name_f] (are-ee-a) but the nn [name_u]Ari[/name_u] (air-ee) stuck and we all love it!

Ariella is too close to areola for me, but I still think it’s a very pretty name.

There are a ton of names ending in -etta if you’d like to go that route. Here’s a few of my favorites:

Antonetta
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Odetta[/name_f]

I . . . honestly wouldn’t have made that association with [name_f]Ariella[/name_f], I think it’s perfectly fine. Lillienna and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] are an adorable sibset, by the way!

My personal preference is [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Arietta[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f], but if you like [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] more go for it!

Since it’s a middle name, I think you can safely use it without worrying too much about associations. Many names sound like other words. If your grandma was [name_f]Arietta[/name_f], it might be nice to use [name_f]Arietta[/name_f].

[name_f]Arietta[/name_f] is stunning!

I didn’t notice the areola until you said something but now I can’t really un-hear it. I think [name_f]Arietta[/name_f] is gorgeous though! It doesn’t sound old fashioned to me at all.

1 Like

Daphne [name_f]Arietta[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] would be perfect! I think [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] is too similar to [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f].

Once you hear it you can’t I hear it. I prefer [name_f]Arietta[/name_f] in general but more so now with the connection made in the other name.