Name to Honor Constantine?

We would like to honor a [name_u]Constantine[/name_u] but don’t want to use the actual name. Any suggestions on names that would work? Similar sound, same meaning, etc. We are having no luck.

What’s holding you back with [name_u]Constantine[/name_u]? It’s an extremely cool name. The only thing I can think of is shortening it to [name_m]Constant[/name_m].

If this weren’t the Boy’s forum, I’d suggest [name_f]Constance[/name_f]. But alas…[name_m]Hector[/name_m] also means steadfast. [name_m]Etan[/name_m] means steady.

You could use [name_m]Constantin[/name_m] without the e if you like this version better. Other possibilities would be: Costel or Costin (Romanian forms of [name_m]Constantin[/name_m]).

If you like the Irish [name_u]Con[/name_u]- names you might have some luck with those if you’re going for a similarity in sound rather than meaning. [name_m]Connor[/name_m], [name_m]Connell[/name_m], [name_m]Conley[/name_m], [name_u]Connolly[/name_u], [name_m]Conlon[/name_m], etc. [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], if you’re more into vintage names. I do love [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], though.