Name to Honor my Husbands name "Kevin"

I need some brainy nameberry help! My husband and I are trying for our first and I want to choose a boys name that honors his. My hubby’s name is [name]Kevin[/name], and it means handsome, kind, gentle. I have been trying to find a variant of it by looking up names that have similar meaning. The only two I have found ar [name]Beau[/name] or [name]Cullen[/name]. [name]Beau[/name] is in the running but I always liked [name]Beau[/name] as a nickname not a first name. And [name]Cullen[/name] is out because my husband has been told one to many times he looks like the [name]Edward[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] guy on twilight and I dont want any associations with that movie series lol. So Im hoping for some help on to find names that are not too crazy extreme =) I dont care too much about popularity. Thanks so much for the help in advance!

What about Beaumont or [name]Beauregard[/name]? they’d give you the nickname [name]Beau[/name].

[name]Alan[/name] (handsome)
[name]Clement[/name] (merciful, gentle)
Eder (handsome/beautiful)
[name]Gareth[/name] (gentleness)
[name]Hasan[/name] (handsome)
[name]Jamil[/name] (beautiful)
Levent (handsome)
[name]Rahim[/name] (kind, compassionate)
[name]Shakil[/name] (handsome)
[name]Urien[/name] (privileged birth)

Keefe (comes from the same Gaelic root as Kevin, means all the same things, “gentle,” “kind,” etc.)
Noam (male Hebrew name meaning “beautiful, good-looking,” or “pleasantness”. It’s like a cooler mashup of Noah and Liam :). )
Ellis (Welsh, “kind, benevolent” & if you prefer you could do Ellison)
Cade (has a couple of possible Old English roots, one of which meant “gentle”)
Cedric (may be from the Welsh root “car” so sometimes defined as “kindly and loving”)

One slightly fanciful suggestion I have for you is the name Evander. Not only does it have that “evan” first half that sounds like the daddy’s name, it also means “a good man.” Then when he asks you say, I wanted to name you after your father, so I named you “a good man.” You could also use just the shorter version Vander. Another boys’ name meaning “good” which I really like is Boone.

Congratulations to you and your husband both!

What about [name]Calvin[/name]? It’s similar to [name]Kevin[/name].

[name]How[/name] about Kennen. It means handsome/kind.

My father (who died a few years ago) was a [name_m]Kevin[/name_m].

Since my partner and I are both scientists, one honor name we came up with was [name_m]Kelvin[/name_m]. I’ve also considered [name_u]Evan[/name_u], and [name_m]Rupin[/name_m] which was the only name we liked aside from [name_m]Bello[/name_m] (which is a bit nicknamey) that means handsome.

I like the suggestion here, keep 'em coming berries!

[name_m]Adonis[/name_m] was the most handsome man… [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] also comes to mind.

-------- This thread is a few years old --------

Middle name of [name_u]Evan[/name_u]?