Name to Manifest Baby 3 🙏🏻

I’m from Australia. She’s got a bit of a presence here too, I think maybe she’s done some stuff with some Australian labels.

I actually don’t think it’d sound too vastly different in our undoubtedly very different accents. Some names do when said with an American versus an Australian (or British, or NZ) accent but I suspect we’d say this one fairly similarly (I say zip-ORE-uh)…

1 Like

Thanks for responding. That’s the way I’ve been pronouncing it, but I’m sure it still sounds different with a southern drawl.

As an aside, the last time we visited Australia I had a shoe mishap and had to go to the mall… legitimately had like 8 people attending to me because they wanted to hear me talk. It was awkward and hilarious because I was thinking “no, I want to hear YOU talk.” :crazy_face::joy: [name_u]Love[/name_u] love love Australia, her people, and wish I had valuable skills so we could immigrate there.

3 Likes

Haha! Yep I’m from NZ. I don’t think it’s a name you could butcher, even with a drawl! She’d probably be [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] most of the time anyway. Does your partner like it?

1 Like

I’m really loving [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] or [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] for you.

1 Like

He does! I was shocked he took to it so quickly. He floated it to our very opinionated 5 yo and she wasn’t having it. :joy: It’s probably number 2 to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] for him. I think his 3rd or 4th grandmother was called [name_u]Josie[/name_u], so that adds weight for him.

For me, the more obscure (while still sounding classic) the better. Not asking for much. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks @voughtlori. Both those names are so sweet. :hugs: [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is still on the list and I’ve taken [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] off because I feel like it’s too close to [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f].

Have you considered my favorite - [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]?? Such a jem.
You mentioned [name_f]Ophira[/name_f] as being too close to [name_f]Oprah[/name_f]… But [name_u]Ophir[/name_u] is the male name, and might work.

Another boy for you is Betzalel. And [name_m]Zacharia[/name_m]. And [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]. (I love [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] with [name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]!)

I can’t wait to hear your eventual choice!

1 Like

I hadn’t considered [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], but I do like it! I also like [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]. I tend to prefer names with nickname options, I think, which is funny because I was staunchly against nicknames when we named [name_m]Judah[/name_m].

I’ve added a ton of names and now we are working them back down. Hopefully soonnnnnn it will be a real versus hypothetical discussion. :raised_hands:t2:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh, and, I did see [name_u]Ophir[/name_u] as the male version of [name_f]Ophira[/name_f]. I’m just not sure I love it with our southern accent. Ophi is cute. So cute. But Oh-FUR with a southern twang? :joy:

This is the captain’s log 342. We are still looking through our family tree for more middle name options, but this is where we are after a 2 hour discussion. :joy::ok_hand:t2:

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]” McClain
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]” [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m]

[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Haddie[/name_f], & [name_u]Josie[/name_u]

[name_f]Raphaela[/name_f] “Raphi” McClain
[name_f]Raphaela[/name_f] “Raphi” [name_m]Cole[/name_m]

[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], & [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Haddie[/name_f], & Raphi

[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] “[name_f]Zippy[/name_f]” McClain
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] “[name_f]Zippy[/name_f]” [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m]

[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], & [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Haddie[/name_f], & [name_f]Zippy[/name_f]

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]

[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], & [name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Haddie[/name_f], & [name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] “[name_u]Bo[/name_u]” [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m]

[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], & [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_f]Haddie[/name_f], & [name_u]Bo[/name_u]

P.S. ZIPPY ARMSTRONG :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

You have such a good list here!!

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] “[name_u]Bo[/name_u]” [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m] and [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m] are to die for.

But I also love [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] McClain and [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]!

[name_m]Can[/name_m]'t wait to hear what you choose :grinning:

(P.s. I actually adore [name_u]Jude[/name_u] on a boy… Like would lay my life down for that name on a boy! In case you needed some love for that nickname potential right there.)

2 Likes

It wasn’t as good before I found this forum. Seriously. Freakin’ geniuses, the lot of you.

I love [name_u]Jude[/name_u] as well and maybe when he’s older he will be into it, but for now he doesn’t want to be called anything but his actual name. You just wait. His first love will think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is a wonderful idea and then so will he. And then I won’t agree anymore. :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m] is amazing.
And clearly you love [name_f]Zippy[/name_f]… I’m sure she’ll be it!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hahaha soo true, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is such a girlfriend nn!

1 Like

+1 for [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m] and [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m]!

I love all of your options, though. I frequently forget about [name_m]Silas[/name_m], weirdly, but every time I remember it I have a little “great name” :sunglasses: moment, so I’d be fully on board for that one too.

Biased, but I think [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f] is stunning as well. Would be a great sister for [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]!

2 Likes

What about:

Boys:
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_m]Canaan[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_m]Alphonsus[/name_m] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Levi[/name_u] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Gad[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Sir[/name_m] [name_m]Casen[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Alfonso[/name_m]
[name_u]Free[/name_u] [name_m]Alfonso[/name_m]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] [name_m]Benaiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Bechet[/name_u] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Piero[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Zion[/name_u] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]

Girls:
[name_f]Ninon[/name_f] [name_f]Dora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] [name_f]Frieda[/name_f]
[name_f]Oriole[/name_f] [name_f]Hester[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethia[/name_f] [name_f]Vashti[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] [name_f]Tina[/name_f]
[name_f]Dua[/name_f] [name_f]Sarai[/name_f]

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. Some of the names you mentioned are unfamiliar to me, but I like [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] (probably too close to [name_m]Judah[/name_m] for my liking), [name_u]Levi[/name_u] (unusable, unfortunately), [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] (we took this off because of the sandwich association, even though it’s precious), and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]. For girls I love [name_f]Hester[/name_f], but my daughter’s name is [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], which is the Hebrew name of [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. :blush:

2 Likes