Name trends related to culture?

ie, [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] was ranked 528 in 2013 (Frozen came out at the end of that year) and in 2014 it ranked 286. It had been on a steady rise prior, but not quite that dramatic.

I haven’t done a TON of research on this but I find these correlations interesting. Anything you all have noted?

Oh yes! This is quite interesting; although, it can get kind of out there. Have you heard of or seen the TV show Game of Thrones by chance? Apparently, several people have decided to name their children names like [name_f]Khaleesi[/name_f] after a title held by a favorite character. Here’re some articles I’ve found on the topic if you’re interested : ) Also, this seems to make sense because if you think about it, many people get names from literary characters or authors that they’ve loved and I think this is just a kind of extension of that. What do you think?

1)What's in a baby name? The cyclical trends and spread of unusual names | The Independent | The Independent

2)From 'Star Wars' to 'Game of Thrones': Characters Spark Baby Name Trends - ABC News

3)Parents Are Actually Naming Their Babies After 'Game Of Thrones' Characters | HuffPost Life

1. Facebook