Name variations for Lauana?

My grandmother’s name is Lauana (pronounced La-WAN-uh). It is of Hawaiian origin and means “beautiful flower”. I love the idea of the name and the meaning behind it, and would love to honor my grandmother by using it, but I would prefer a more modern version of the name. Does anyone have any suggestions for variations of this name? Thanks!

Lana or [name_f]Lara[/name_f] would be very close! [name_f]Ayana[/name_f] also means beautiful flower.

1 Like

@vogueobsessed already had some great suggestions! I think [name_f]Laura[/name_f] could work–same first three letters, same ending sound. Or [name_f]Leana[/name_f]/Liana look pretty similar too. Maybe a similar-sounding name paired with a flower middle to strengthen the connection?

1 Like

What about [name_f]Leilani[/name_f]? It’s also Hawaiian and it means “heavenly flower”. [name_f]Luana[/name_f] is another option.

1 Like

I like the idea of modernizing it to [name_f]Luana[/name_f]. Slightly different pronunciation, but it still honors your grandmother while also giving the child her own identity.

2 Likes

Lana, [name_f]Luella[/name_f] or [name_f]Luana[/name_f] came to mind

1 Like