NAME WAR! Hubby and I are down to 2.

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 83 (This poll is closed)

• Isla Josephine : 45 (54%)
  • Gwyneth Elise (Gwen) : 38 (46%)
  • Other (make suggestion): 0 (0%)

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful.

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]! Not that I mind flow, but [name_f]Isla[/name_f] – though beautiful – is lost in the [name_f]Ella[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]/[name_f]Lila[/name_f]/[name_f]Lily[/name_f] crowd to me. [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u] is lovely, especially next to [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

I am really torn between these two names. I like them both a lot. I am inclined to pick [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f], but I can see her needing to spell out the name anytime she needs to tell someone her formal name. For that reason, I would prefer the more familiar [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]. So, if I had to choose one, I would go with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. However, both names are gorgeous, and you really can’t go wrong with either one.

I think [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] goes better with [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is nice but the similarity in sound/difference in style make [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] not ideal sister names. In the end it doesn’t really matter, its just how I decided between two great names. You can’t go wrong with either.

Oh my! What great names! Both were on my list. I love [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] ([name_f]Gwen[/name_f]) better with [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. I like sibling names to have their own unique sound. And though [name_f]Isla[/name_f] was near the top of my list for a while, I agree with previous poster that with the popularity of the “L” sound and vowel names, [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is not as distinctive. Perhaps [name_f]Orla[/name_f] as an alternative to [name_f]Isla[/name_f]?

Good luck!

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] all the way!

I also voted for [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f], I think it is just adraoble especially with sibling [name_f]Nora[/name_f]'s name.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] makes a great sibset to me. It was a tough match though, for sure.

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] for me (I just like [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] better than [name_f]Isla[/name_f]).

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] is gorgeous!

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is just so damn cute! And [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] is such an interesting choice; I don’t think spelling will be too much of an issue because most people will have heard of Ms Paltrow. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is nice enough but a bit popular and (dare I say…) boring.

I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] better. [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] is good too but it doesn’t fit with sister [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is much more modern than [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f] on the opposite fit perfectly.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! Such a gorgeous combo! [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] compliment each other nicely, too.

I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] (it sounds like my much more uncommon name), but at least here in the UK it has been really overused in recent times. I don’t mind common names, but it’s downright trendy here.
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], as others have said, is much more distinctive.

Thanks for all the votes and comments so far! However, I am more confused than ever.

I understand [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is pretty popular/trendy in the UK and Australia but I live in the US and I’ve never met an [name_f]Isla[/name_f] nor even heard of anyone with the name before. So that reasoning isn’t really a concern because of where I live. I do get a little concerned that it sounds similar to the popular [name_f]Ella[/name_f]/[name_f]Lila[/name_f]/etc. but it’s still just pretty and airy to me.

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] I like of course, but sometimes I fear it’s too clunky/harsh and not feminine-sounding enough. But other times I think it’s really pretty and I like how [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is spunky. I just go back and forth constantly with how I feel.

Also, I love how [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sounds but I don’t love how [name_f]Isla[/name_f] sounds with our last name. [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is cute but doesn’t wow me like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] does. But [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] flows very nicely with our last name.

I honestly don’t know what to do!

If you’re really struggling to decide between the two maybe just wait until she is born and see which name seems to suit her more. Both are great names and you can’t really go wrong with either.

Both combos are lovely, but [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] are perfect together!