Name You Want To Use In Fiction

What are some names you want to use for a character but haven’t used yet? IDK about you guys, but names have so much personality to me that there are several I’m dying to use on the right character when I get the chance.

I would like to have a [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and maybe [name_f]Galadriel[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] since I probably couldn’t use it on an actual child.

1 Like

I definitely want a [name_u]Callahan[/name_u] and a [name_u]Endellion[/name_u], but the right characters just hasn’t come by yet

1 Like

I’ve wanted a [name_f]Marina[/name_f], and I used her for last year’s NaNo, but I abandoned the project after a couple days. Always wanted to dig it back out, though.

2 Likes

I have always loved [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. Or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. If this suits anyone’s character, you’re more than welcome to use it!

2 Likes

I have such a clear vision of an [name_m]Eddie[/name_m], and even a setting I imagine him in, but no plot yet-

All my favorite names just don’t fit a character :cry:

I feel a lot like you, names do have a personality of their own. I tend to name my characters after I create them, which means there are a ton of names I want to use but haven’t yet because they don’t fit the characters I have made so far.

A few from my list:
Cadeon
[name_m]Sholto[/name_m]
[name_m]Esau[/name_m]
[name_u]Auberon[/name_u]
[name_f]Nyx[/name_f]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_m]Eben[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Zevi[/name_m]
Luthien
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]
Furie
[name_f]Helisent[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f]
Molpadia
Raidnë

2 Likes

Cassiopeia comes to mind. I doubt that I’d have the guts to use it on a daughter but I love it so much.

3 Likes

So do I! I started a new story and the mc’s name means Daughter of the [name_u]Night[/name_u] in Arabic ([name_f]Laila[/name_f]) so I just had to use [name_f]Nyx[/name_f] :smile:

2 Likes

My personal favorites of one of my big lists of names are:

Alastair
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Victory[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_u]Tempest[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (actually have a character in mind for her now but we’ll see)
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] [name_f]Rayne[/name_f]
[name_f]Everlyn[/name_f] Fall
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] Fade
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Levi[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_m]Anakin[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_f]Raelynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_u]Rivers[/name_u]
[name_f]Neveah[/name_f]
[name_f]Anahita[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_f]Antoinette[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_u]Juli[/name_u]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
(That was a lot more than I thought there would be, :smile:)