Nameberries, please help streamline my list!

See the results of this poll: Which of these do you adore

Respondents: 60 (This poll is closed)

• Aziza : 5 (4%)
  • Bambi : 0 (0%)
  • Celestine : 22 (17%)
  • Clover : 28 (22%)
  • Gioia : 2 (2%)
  • Havana : 6 (5%)
  • Isadore : 21 (17%)
  • Pandora : 14 (11%)
  • Priscilla : 18 (14%)
  • Solana: 10 (8%)

I love [name_f]Solana[/name_f] and [name_f]Clover[/name_f] and I like [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] and [name_f]Bijou[/name_f].

I love, love, [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] (times a million :)). I also like [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] (and [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] for a boy). [name_f]Bambi[/name_f] is pretty cool as well.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite by far of your list is [name_f]Celestine[/name_f]; so gorgeous and ethereal. I like [name_m]Isadore[/name_m], though it is a male name, and much prefer [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] or even [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]. [name_f]Aziza[/name_f] is also very pretty, but sticks out a bit among the other names, and I’d prefer it in the middle spot. Dandelion is also very unique and spunky, but I prefer it in the middle.
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites:
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f] [name_f]Bijou[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f] [name_f]Aziza[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] Dandelion

I really like
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_u]Havana[/name_u]
[name_f]Isis[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry, tiannarose! I hope you find some inspiration as you spend some time here. Here are my thoughts on your name list.

[name_f]Aziza[/name_f] - a lovely Arabic name with a vibrant energy
[name_f]Bambi[/name_f] -can a woman named [name_f]Bambi[/name_f] be taken seriously in the professional world?
[name_f]Bijou[/name_f] - a little too cutesy for a first name. Use it in the middle spot.
[name_u]Brazil[/name_u] - some country names just don’t work as human names and this is one of them. There is also the potential for teasing (eg. [name_u]Brazil[/name_u] nut, brassiere)
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] and this is pretty too!
[name_f]Clover[/name_f] this nature name has a sweet and playful sound. A lucky name! :slight_smile:
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] - a pretty mythological name
[name_f]Gioia[/name_f] - I like this name but I foresee spelling and pronunciation issues.
Dandelion - I curse these yellow “weeds” every time I have to pick them out of my garden.
[name_u]Havana[/name_u] - a pretty sound but I think of the cigar. Smoking isn’t cool.
[name_m]Isadore[/name_m] - [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] (this spelling) is a MALE saint name.
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - a lush and undiscovered alternative to the megapopular [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isis[/name_f] - I liked this name until it became the initials of a Muslim terrorist group
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f] - I don’t like the mythological story or the jewellery brand that comes with this name
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] -a little too prissy for my taste
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] - this name is more refreshing as a first name than a filler mn.
[name_f]Solana[/name_f] - I’ve heard this as an Hispanic surname
[name_f]Millie[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] but [name_f]Millie[/name_f] is too juvenile sounding for a first name.

Other Suggestions

[name_f]Drusilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eudora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f]
[name_f]Farida[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Mazarine[/name_f]
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f]
[name_f]Noor[/name_f]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]/[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
[name_f]Maxima[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucero[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_f]Jonquil[/name_f]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite from your list is [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Our styles are very different, so I’m not much of a fan of the others.

Thank you for your detailed response.
Definitely made me laugh…dandelions and think deeper…[name_f]Gioia[/name_f]…I can barely spell it right half the time.

I liked your recommendations [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Maxima[/name_f]. I’ve never know a [name_f]Maxima[/name_f] but it is defintely a strong name with the option of softer nicknames…[name_u]Maxi[/name_u]!

And [name_f]Bambi[/name_f]. Sigh. Guilty pleasure for sure.
It’s almost becoming a challenge, can I produce a [name_f]Bambi[/name_f] that is a world renowned scholar?!!! LOL

Thank you all for the feedback thus far.

Looks like [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] is getting more love than [name_m]Isadore[/name_m]. I know the 'dore makes it a male name but I thought it cut the ‘sweetness’ down a bit.

I really like the suggested:

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] Dandelion

I like [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Millie[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Celestine[/name_f] and similar names ([name_f]Celestina[/name_f] and [name_f]Celestia[/name_f], to be precise, [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] is not my cup of tea, although it’s not that bad.)

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I like these:
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isis[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]

I plan on using [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] someday with [name_f]Isis[/name_f] being a nickname. [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] is also lovely and [name_f]Clover[/name_f] is definitely an unusual nature name.

Voted for [name_f]Clover[/name_f] and [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f].

Our tastes are very different, but I have always had a soft spot for poor [name_f]Pandora[/name_f].
Sending lots of baby dust your way! I have been ttc for quite some time, and it may never happen, but I love names and helping people out with them!