Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Lumen FTW.

I am hoping to have a baby and had sex (sorry, I mean baby-danced) 2 weeks ago. [name_f]My[/name_f] period is due in 3 days and I will proceed to describe a bunch of vague premenstrual symptoms. Also I had a dream about a baby girl named [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]! I have a box of pregnancy tests in the bathroom but I figure you ladies will be far, far, far more accurate in letting me know: am I pregnant?!?!?

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: whoops, forgot to add a poll.

5 Likes

Is the nickname [name_f]DeeDee[/name_f] too much of a stretch for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]?

14 Likes

I love Irish names, like [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] and [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f] but no one here can spell them, how do you feel about Seersha and [name_u]Keevah[/name_u]???

7 Likes

Use what you love! (Unless I don’t also love it, then use one of my completely unrelated suggestions.)

19 Likes

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is 56th?! Oh my god but that was my name! I claimed it! It can’t be popular! Now I need a new favourite name because I can NOT use a name higher than 500th at all, even though I’m not even pregnant.

9 Likes

:wink:
gasp You don’t like Paizeleeagh? Or [name_m]John[/name_m] on a girl? I thought this site was supposed to be good!!!1111

5 Likes

Hahahaha that one made me choke on my popcorn, oopsies. :stuck_out_tongue:

‘I want my daughter to be a rebel and symbol for pro-feminism, what do you think of the name [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Jezebel[/name_f]!??!’

8 Likes

“I’m looking for a middle name for [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] older children are [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f], and I want something beginning with J as well.”

“[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]? Or even better, [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]? It’s not as popular or trendy as [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], and it’s got the cute nickname Lissy as well.”

8 Likes

I’m thinking of naming my twins Mckinzlie [name_f]Rebeckah[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]-[name_u]Lynn[/name_u], wdyt?!!!?

1 Like

“Help! [name_f]My[/name_f] friend’s chiropractor’s sister-in-law stole our name! We told family and close friends in confidence a few weeks ago, but someone must have talked. Should we use it anyway, or find something else? The name is [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f].”

20 Likes

"WDYT of…

Kony on a girl? I know it’s a dictator’s name or smth but I’m just looking for opinions on the name and whether it sounds too masculine. [name_f]TIA[/name_f]!"

‘oh my god, you cannot use Kony on a girl it’s racist, just like [name_f]Jemima[/name_f]!’

1 Like

It’s ok if you’re 1/64th warlord by heritage.

2 Likes

Help! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] arrived last night and we have no name! And no, I will not respond to any of the 42 replies to this thread.

7 Likes

Also let me regurgitate last weeks required reading for my Gender Studies seminar in a series of long, verbose, hostile posts.

You can’t name your daughter [name_u]Michael[/name_u], that’s sexist, but don’t even think about naming your son [name_u]Addison[/name_u], [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_u]Jamie[/name_u], [name_u]Finley[/name_u] or [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], they’re too weak and feminine for a boy.

6 Likes

You can’t use [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f] in the same sibset!! The names share four letters and are therefore entirely too matchy. This will somehow inhibit your children’s ability to become healthy, productive members of society and develop their own unique identities.

16 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!!! :slight_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] [name_m]Davis[/name_m] and I just found out that I’m pregnant!!! :smiley: [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I’m only 14 and my boyfriend [name_m]Justin[/name_m] hasn’t even grown his first chest hair yet, we are suuuuper excited and our #1 concern is finding a unique name for this baby!! Here is our shortlist please tell me what you think!!! :slight_smile:

Leeym James
Maysen James
Eethyn James
Ayden James

Emmah Grace
Ayvah Grace
Matisyn Grace
Lyllie Grace

17 Likes

My name is Amelia Vivienne. My husband Oliver Jude and I are expecting one Perfect Princess and one Noble Knight in just a few weeks time. We are hoping for your assistance in honoring as many of our parents and grandparents as possible. We would be eternally grateful for any help constructing combinations.

Parents:

Felicity Imogen and Sebastian Beau

Olive Cordelia and Dexter Otis

Grandparents:

Iris Elodie and Alexander Ignatius

Ophelia Claire and Benedict Dean

Agnes Blythe and Reuben Otis

Greta Rosamund and Hugo Silas

Many thanks,

Amelia and Oliver

11 Likes

We’re looking for a unique name that’s at least 5 syllables, honors our heritage (DH is 1/5,023,649th ancient Mesopotamian!) and doesn’t contain the letters A, E, I, O, or U. It should also be easily pronounceable in Spanish, Dutch, and Vietnamese.

24 Likes