Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Wise Words from [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

8 Likes

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is just [name_u]Berry[/name_u] favorite [name_m]Leo[/name_m] with a C appended.

8 Likes

I wonder if she realizes that #427 (actually #429 was [name_m]Robert[/name_m]) was not actually that common… I mean 244 girls were named [name_m]Robert[/name_m] in 1921, which seems like quite a few until you compare it with the 73,985 girls named [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. It would have been rare to meet a girl named [name_m]Robert[/name_m], that’s all I’m saying. 244 births today isn’t even enough to make the Top 1000! ([name_f]Dixie[/name_f] was #1000 in 2019 with 256 births.)
Same with [name_f]Mary[/name_f] for boys – 187 (#451) in 1921 vs the 58,214 called [name_m]John[/name_m]. So, yeah, gender-bending names were SUPER popular in the '20s. :joy:

10 Likes

A while ago I was looking at the SSA list for 1880 and for boys there were [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], etc etc and [name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_m]Walter[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and a ton of others for girls. I wish it was as socially acceptable now as it was then to do that

6 Likes

Many of those are wrong entries, when a boy is accidentally registered as a girl or vice versa

5 Likes

16 Likes

I think I’m going to include this option in my polls from now on.:joy:

17 Likes

“Show Results”

1 Like

When someone tells me
“[name_u]Liam[/name_u] is so unique und unheard of!”

27 Likes
5 Likes

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe8W7YF2/
I don’t know how many of you are also into TTRPGs. Tabaxi are a cat-like race.

you could also go for warrior cat names along the lines of smokeweed and mountaindew. maybe garfield, as a gar is a type of fish.

1 Like

Just me? ok

23 Likes

26 Likes

This plays through my head when I do love like loses and someone immediately drops all of my choices :joy:

meme

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a joke, but for some reason that’s my immediate thought when this happens

5 Likes

One of the worst feelings: someone says they know someone who had a baby, but when you ask what its name is, they don’t know or they didn’t ask

25 Likes

4 Likes

Fools on them, it’s [name_f]Gen[/name_f] Z too I love [name_f]Hydrangea[/name_f]

8 Likes

@baya44

1 Like

sometimes I wonder
nameberry’s name taste is so broad compared to the general internet, especially mine
they all either grandparent names who fit best on 100 year olds or on literal plants

4 Likes

Inspired by @EllieWilbury

My friends’ emotional problems:
I think I have to dump [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]. Things just aren’t working out, and he can’t get along with my best friend, [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]! If he can’t respect [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]… (*sob) then I can’t respect him.

My emotional problems:
I… I think I have to take [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] off of my UC. I just don’t love the name anymore, and it doesn’t flow with its previous middle, [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]. If it can’t flow with [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]… (*sob) I can’t love it anymore!

15 Likes