Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Yeah that’s the first thing that pops into my head now hearing that instead of the allergy stuff :joy:I guess this is what I get for lurking that subreddit

1 Like

me waiting for my dumb regular badge

12 Likes

The topic was revived for a relevant reason, but this certainly had me doing a double take :flushed:

26 Likes

Babies who were born when that topic was posted will be allowed to join NB in several months. Scary.

28 Likes

this is a 20/10 meme oh my god

1 Like

What topic was that??? And who did 12 years worth of scrolling holy cow

4 Likes

It’s the topic from when lists were first introduced (under ‘All About Nameberry’)

5 Likes

berries in ten years: you know, Maxine is a name, and Vaccine rhymes with Maxine. Vaccines got us out of the pandemic and saved many lives.

so… Vaccine as an honor middle?

22 Likes

[name_u]Laurie[/name_u] DM’d this meme to me because they were too scared to post it publicly. I think everyone else here deserves to see it. [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] in Laurie’s genius.
25 Likes

so dangerous when i have schoolwork to do but the urge to hyperfixate on completely reorganizing my name list pops up…

5 Likes

Scrolling through non-namenerd’s comments on a name related YouTube video is probably the ultimate form of torture for a berry. Every other comment I saw either made me want to cry or punch a hole through my computer screen.

For Example...

Screenshot 2021-05-19 9.08.23 PM
:sob: Frank is an amazing name!!

Clementine on a boy would be perfection!! :sob:

17 Likes

That why I barely ever look at those :sob: it’s like the equivalent of reading Behind the Name comments

13 Likes

sometimes i like to end 'em all and say

“Clementine on a boy would be awesome. Also Frank is cute. Old names are cute. Frank Clementine would be awesomely cute. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Apologies for my shamelessness.”

14 Likes

:relieved:

We’re going to [name_u]Mars[/name_u]

3 Likes

[name_m]Frank[/name_m] Clementine!!! Omg :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: so cute for a boy or girl honestly!

13 Likes

In memory of Yahoo Answers shutting down.

21 Likes

You know you’re a name nerd when you overhear someone pronounce Loïc as “loy-k” and it takes everything in your power to not reveal your name nerd-ness by jumping into the conversation to correct them so you just stay quiet and die inside :sweat_smile:

(This is something that genuinely happened to me at work. A colleague was reading out the name of a candidate I had just sent them. Everyone else in the office accepted “loy-k” as correct and that just killed me even more :sob::sweat_smile:)

15 Likes

[name_u]New[/name_u] user joins Nameberry and posts about how they’re expecting octuplets.

Berries:

35 Likes

How is it pronounced?

I love how the OP’s question was “Is this illegal?” Because clearly that should be the only concern here. :sweat_smile:

I mean, if you really want to name your daughter after an ogre, at least go for [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] since that’s a legitimately cute name!

11 Likes