Nameberry memes (Part 1)

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] but I go by [name_u]Billie[/name_u] my daughter [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] but she goes by [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and we are now expecting another girl I wan’t something that sounds royal and has the nickname [name_f]Posy[/name_f] I was thinking [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but its in the top 100 she will have 50 in her class

2 Likes

Help!! We really like the name [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] but we couldn’t possibly use it because I had a dream where by some bizarre twist of fate and a few huge coincidences she might just possibly marry a king and [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] just doesn’t work!! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have suggestions for names like [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] which do not rhyme with [name_f]Queen[/name_f]??? Oh, and it has to go with sisters Paiyezzleigh and [name_f]Bathsheba[/name_f].
Thank you!!

3 Likes

Our daughter was born yesterday! We named her [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] after grandma [name_f]Sharon[/name_f] ([name_f]Sharon[/name_f] means “a plain,” which spelled backwards is ‘nailpa,’ which, when you run it through a vignere cipher, becomes ‘solrco,’ which has 4 of the same letters as [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].)

26 Likes

And you can’t forget the classic

"BUY PREMIUM X! INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH X AVAILABLE CHEAP. We are a worldwide X company that get’s very good reveiws. Over 5 billion happy customer’s worldwide! Buy your X today! We have:

[name_u]Red[/name_u] X, green X, blue X, pink X, brown X, fuschia X, rainbow X, periwinkle X, black X, gold X, metallic X, taffeta X, creme brulee X, orange X, heliotrope X, fashion X, unfashionable X, titanium alloy X, quilted X, musical X, 42 X over squared, paisley X, plaid X, and 100% polyester X.

email premiumqualityXsupplier @gmail.com with your credit card info and all of your PIN numbers and passwords for more information."

(“You guys like names? Then you’ll [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] coming up with fun pseudonyms for your fake passport and driver’s license!”)

2 Likes

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f], this is brilliant! [name_u]Truly[/name_u] a classic. :wink:

1 Like

I really wish there was an applause face claps

1 Like

I can’t believe the makers of this site-- authors of multiple best-selling name books, media personages, etc-- DARE to have an opinion on a given name. (That disagrees with mine).

Also they totally messed up on this extremely minor point of Greek mythology in one of their name descriptions so they’re brazenly, disgustingly discriminatory against my religion.

5 Likes

What about the hopeless cases?

“Help!! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes b o r i n g names like [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] and [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], but I like unique and majestic names like [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Humphrey[/name_m] [name_m]Theodoric[/name_m] and [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] [name_m]Frederico[/name_m] Cassander!! Help us find a name we can both love!”

10 Likes

and who can forget:

“I have a 5 year old daughter named [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], and when she was born, there were NO kids named [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]!! Now it’s a super popular name (#32nd OMG!) and I HAVE to change her name or else she’ll be one of 9 in her class and now that it’s trendy I hate her name what can we name her??? Wdyt of [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] instead or [name_u]Madison[/name_u] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]???”

7 Likes

Let’s see:

‘We decided to name our son [name_m]Louis[/name_m]. It’s got two legitimate pronunciations ‘loo-ee’ and ‘loo-iss’ but we’ve decided to pronounce it ‘el-OH-eez’ because we have no respect for [name_m]French[/name_m] culture. :)’

Or, my personal favourite:

A: I need a character name for my super important story for English class. I can’t tell you the plot because I’m a fourteen year old literary genius and I know someone will steal it. [name_f]My[/name_f] main character is a tall girl with long blonde hair like spun silk, bright blue eyes and the body of a model. She’s beautiful but doesn’t know it and everyone loves her. She’s brave, spunky, really clever, practically perfect in every way and other extremely detailed physical and personal attributes that contribute nothing to the family background that produced her name. HELP!! I can’t do this by myself!!

B: [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] or another of the hundred names I spent time thinking up for you?

A: I like those but none of them feel like ‘her’. Oh and I just remembered it’s set in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u].

B: Oh… right. Well, maybe [name_f]Anne[/name_f]-[name_m]Britte[/name_m], [name_u]Dagny[/name_u] or [name_f]Fredrika[/name_f]?

A: I don’t know. My main male character is called Frederick by the way. Anyone else have any suggestions?

…many similar posts later…

A: Thanks for your help everyone. In the end I used my own imagination and chose [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f] Mariko [name_m]Smith[/name_m].

10 Likes

You are all hilarious! Lumen, you are killing me!

[name_m]How[/name_m] about?:
“OMGGGGG!! A film that may or may not be forgotten 6 months from now just used my favourite name for a character. [name_m]WILL[/name_m] THIS NAME BECOME POPULAR?! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I’m 13 and over a decade away from having children, I MUST obsess right now over whether this name will rocket to the top of the charts and stay there. PLEASE give me your opinions, which are nothing more than conjectures at this point!”

4 Likes

My favorites are the completely random, extremely subjective, nonsensical ‘associations’ which makes someone veto a name.

A: “Hey, can I get your opinions on my list?”

B:
Francine: sorry I think of cheetos
Lucia: lol why would you name a kid after a cardboard box
Jessamine: ponies! yah this one’s great!

7 Likes

a: “I like David on a girl, what do u think?”
b: “It’s all boy, what about Davina? :)”
a: whines and reports other user for making a good suggestion; criticizes other users unfairly and not at all constructively for liking [insert perfectly nice name here]

3 Likes

A: “So, I am expecting TWIN GIRLS! and I need help with their names. I am [name_f]East[/name_f] European, but live in [name_u]America[/name_u], so I need names that reflect my heritage. Our other 5 kids are:
Sevastopol [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
Matriushka [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
Cherubashka [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
Snegurochka [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
Dinamo [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]”

B: You can’t possibly be Eastern European. Those aren’t names, just random Russian words and locations.

A: [name_m]HOW[/name_m] DARE YOU QUESTION [name_f]MY[/name_f] CULTURE?!?! I’M NOT A TROLL! I’m going to delete my Nameberry account and NEVER COME BACK, you heartless b*s!

13 Likes

“The name of the day is [insert any name you want to]??? I hate that name! NB is a TERRIBLE site, and you are all [insert insult]!”

I’ve never seen one of those^^^^, but I guess it’s only a matter of time. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I like the ones who post a new thread every half hour.

Thread: [name_m]Aston[/name_m]
I love [name_m]Aston[/name_m], help me find middles.

One if many suggestions is [name_m]Aston[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m].

Thread: [name_u]Theo[/name_u]
I love [name_u]Theo[/name_u], just [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. Too weird? Middles? Full names besides [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]?

Reply: Not as weird as just Wolfie!

Thread: [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m], [name_m]Ulf[/name_m], [name_m]Wolverine[/name_m], or just [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]?1?!?!?!

…on and on.

4 Likes

“NOOOOOOOO! An 80’s celebrity that pretty much no one has heard of just used [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_u]Madison[/name_u], and I’m sure my daughter will forever be associated with her if I use any of those!!!11111111:(”

5 Likes

“[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I were thinking of using [name_u]Mason[/name_u], but it’s #4! We both grew up with popular names and want something more unusual for our son. Is [name_u]Mason[/name_u] too popular?”

“Well I’ve never met a [name_u]Mason[/name_u], so it must not be. You should use it!”

7 Likes

Or this sort of troll:

“I like the classics, don’t suggest any weird names!”
edits signature
“~[name_f]My[/name_f] future kids: Peeta*[name_f]Velvet[/name_f]Ichthyology[name_m]Barn[/name_m]*[name_m]Turtle[/name_m]”

3 Likes

The user says, “I hate the names [name_f]Diane[/name_f] and [name_f]Rita[/name_f]! I’d never name my due-in-five-months baby those!”
two days later, in the birth announcement forum
“[name_f]Diane[/name_f] [name_f]Rita[/name_f] is here!”

3 Likes