Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Gently mock your favorite naming website. Self-parody especially welcome.

I’ll start:

“Basically naming your kid Quayden is child abuse. Seriously, I [name_m]WILL[/name_m] call CPS on you.”

37 Likes

Ooo, I really hope everyone can keep it lighthearted.

“ZOMGZZZ, 19 weeks and still no name!!!”

9 Likes

“[name_m]Hi[/name_m], my name is Madylyn McCreery and my wonderful husband [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Chester[/name_m]-- an anthropology professor who runs a cat rescue-- and I are delighted to report we’re pregnant with identical quintuplet girls!”

26 Likes

Oh, hi Madylyn. [name_f]May[/name_f] I suggest some names from “To Kill A Mockingbird?”

13 Likes

I just finished reading that in Mrs. [name_m]Nelson[/name_m]'s English class last week! Umm… I mean… yes, I have a PhD in English because I am totally a 26yo pregnant with quintuplets, and I am very fond of [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. Wait… [name_u]Harper[/name_u]! I bet like no one has ever, ever thought of naming their daughter [name_u]Harper[/name_u]! Or, Harpyr?

11 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter (the sixth of my fourteen children) is named Harpyrre Meighree and we get compliments all the time!! xoxo

It seems you like southern names. Might I suggest every name from Gone With the Wind along with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]?

ETA: Oh! What about [name_m]Gatsby[/name_m]?? Or to make it more feminine you could spell it Gatsbeigh or Gatsbee.

15 Likes

Ooh Gatsbeigh is perfection omg!!!111

What about Gatsbeigh Talylulah, Harpyre [name_f]Sharlette[/name_f], Hadliegh Savannyah, and [name_f]Skarlette[/name_f] Fallynne?

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughters are Katherynne Ellenah, Kymbirleigh [name_f]Jaycie[/name_f], and Amyleigha Allyexys. We’re expecting our first boy (first triplets now a boy!), named Kallymm Danyiel. So excited!!!

5 Likes

Hey, I’m due with my little girl any day now. Help me decide: thinking [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], or [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. Big brother is [name_m]Liam[/name_m].

“Have you considered [name_f]Hypatia[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], or [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]?”

18 Likes

Help! I need nickname ideas for these names:

[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Bo[/name_u]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]

13 Likes

Wdyt of [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] on a girl?

17 Likes

“Is [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] too out there? What about [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]? I want something unique but not weird.”

16 Likes

This is hilarious, you guys. :wink:

6 Likes

Is is legal to use the nickname [name_f]Lola[/name_f] for [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]? I mean it, is it ok? If I call her [name_f]Lola[/name_f] will they cart me away on a straight jacket? I just have to have complete unflinching societal approval of my pet name.

15 Likes

I’m searching for a name that evokes a golden-haired, jade-eyed nymph pirouetting nude through a snowstorm against the backdrop of the Northern Lights. The scents of jasmine and honeysuckle perfume the whirling snow.

Top contenders are Sophonisba [name_f]Eurydice[/name_f] Zéphyrine and Ilithyia Agapanthus Plaerdemavida. What do you think?

32 Likes

We really love [name_u]Mason[/name_u], but my second cousin up in [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] used it a few years ago. Would using it make that family reunion we have every five years confusing?

14 Likes

This made me snort.

“Ugh! An actress who starred in a canceled TV show from 1982 named her daughter [name_m]Jonathyn[/name_m]!! [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] was my #1 for a boy but now it’s A GIRL’S NAME. Please help me find an alternative. Strong, ultra-masculine, oozing-with-testosterone boys’ names only please!! I don’t want him to be mistaken for a girl!”

16 Likes

this thread is perfect, haha.

“we want a unique name for our baby girl that’s out of the US top 1000, our other daughter’s name is [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], and we love the idea of [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f].”

4 Likes

This thread is great.
“I need a name for my MC, she is a tall child HELP!” doesn’t even glance at the forms

1 Like

This is really funny, @lumen.

“Hello, I am due any day now with a little boy. He will join [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]. Our front runner is [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]. We know it’s not everyone’s taste but we love badass names and it honors uncle [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. We are not [name_m]Christian[/name_m] so the devil thing is not a problem. Please help us find a unique middle name for baby [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]!”

9 Likes

Hahaha. Yes.