Nameberry memes (Part 1)

[name_u]June[/name_u] '14

Six years later… :wink:

This thread is utterly hysterical. Just trying to get through it all without dying!

6 Likes

Normies: I love vintage names like Theodore and Amelia!
Berries: I love Ida and Cyril.
I could go all day…

4 Likes

[quote=“Anthiese, post:2144, topic:227490, full:true”]

Normal people: [name_u]Sky[/name_u], [name_u]Ash[/name_u], [name_f]Amber[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], and [name_f]Joy[/name_f] are my favorite word names!

Berries: [name_f]Arabesque[/name_f], [name_u]Bravery[/name_u], [name_u]Love[/name_u], [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] are my favorite word names!!

1 Like

When you don’t like a name but then you see it in someone’s user card in the most excellent combo ever…then you love it!

6 Likes

weird names to non-berries: [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], Tziphorah, [name_f]Saffron[/name_f], [name_f]Mireille[/name_f]…

weird names to berries: haha jk nothing is weird to us

9 Likes

didn’t take that long:

3 Likes

Me trying to organize my name list is a meme in itself- on my 29 page doc, I have a ‘master list’, ‘full list’, ‘culled list’, ‘semi-favorites’, ‘long favorites’, ‘favorites’ and ‘absolute favorites’. All of those for single names, and then all of those for combos. I also have a list OF lists, categorizing my names; Some of my categories are also in my master list, but some of my categories are not also in my master list. I have names that I have deemed ‘eclectic’ even though something individual can’t be eclectic; just ones that seem that way to me. I have a full page of combinations with [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]; and when I find an interesting thread I’ll copy and paste a list from it into my doc. When I find new names, I put it into google keep (like a notes thing) and then later transfer it to my doc. The problem was, at one point I put my google doc list in alphabetical order but didn’t do that to my google keep list, so I could never tell if something on google keep had been added to my google doc. I devised a new system, but the pain remains. And if I find a new name I really like, I have to add it to the master list, the full list, the culled list, the semi-favorites, etc. All the way up! So I usually just take time every so often to do a mass rearrangement of the doc. It’s very very painful.

2 Likes

Also: That feeling when you’re the first person to vote on a poll so it’s 100% your favorite choice

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

9 Likes

Okay, I just had to bring this to the bottom of the thread, my stomach hurts from laughing so much!!! :joy::[name_f]Joy[/name_f]::joy::joy:
([name_f]Mulan[/name_f], anyone?)

10 Likes

LOL!!! :joy: :rofl:

hah I may have changed it on the wrong day, but we at the least have birthdays a day apart!

(these are just random usernames I made up)

@YoullneverseemeagainafterInamemychild: Hey all, I am new here. I am pregnant with my first child, a girl, and am looking for a name. I love the name [name_u]Rainy[/name_u], but our friend’s second cousin has that name. I also like the names [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], and [name_u]Willow[/name_u], any suggestions along those lines? I don’t want any names longer than two syllables or vintage/old fashioned names.

@the_grumpy_killjoy: I hate [name_u]Rainy[/name_u]. [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] too. They sound gross and made up. [name_f]My[/name_f] suggestions are [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f], [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], [name_f]Millicent[/name_f], and Wilhemina.

@YoullneverseemeagainafterInamemychild: Thanks for the support @the_grumpy_killjoy!! I love [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]!!

@theIndecisiveCupCakeCutie: [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] :fairy:‍♀ is soooo sweet!!! I LOVE [name_f]Faye[/name_f] as well and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is super adorable. Whichever one you choose will be great!!! :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :heart_eyes:

@thepickypumpkin: I like [name_f]Faye[/name_f] but spelled Phayieee if you don’t spell it like that I hate it

@TheActuallyHelpfulAxolotl: OMG You have my style exactly!!! I suggest [name_f]Cherry[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], and [name_f]Alina[/name_f]. I love [name_u]Willow[/name_u], but [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] is one of my guilty pleasures. I would suggest using it as a middle because it might not age well. [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is super cute, but [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is still my fave.

@IthinkIhavethewrongthread: Thanks, [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] is the one I’m leaning towards, as it reminds me of my days at the camp. I think it would be sooo cute and I can imagine calling that little fuzzball [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] and him barking back!

@YoullneverseemeagainafterInamemychild: Thanks guys for all you support! I decided on [name_f]Ava[/name_f]!

5 Likes

I just learned that the name [name_f]Alfreda[/name_f] means Elf [name_u]Power[/name_u].

2 Likes

Me making my signature when I first joined (after trying for days to figure out how to create it):
Okay, well, I like this name, and I like this name… I guess they go together! Bam! Okay, and… I don’t really like either of these names but they flow really well! I’ll add them!

Me making my user card now:
Pain. So much pain. [name_u]Read[/name_u] above for my name list organization, and envision that being squeezed and condensed into just a few names for my user card.

5 Likes

Also:
One day, I see [name_f]Meera[/name_f].
Thoughts- Hmmm, I’m indifferent to that. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t really notice it.
3 weeks later, I see [name_f]Meara[/name_f]-
Ew, reminds me of smear
3 weeks after that, I see [name_f]Mira[/name_f]-
Oooooh! So pretty!

3 Likes

My name crushes

Age 3-4: [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]
Age 5-8: [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
Age 9-10: [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_f]May[/name_f]
Age 11-12: [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_u]Evan[/name_u](b), [name_u]Jessie[/name_u], [name_m]Will[/name_m](b)
And then I discovered nameberry…
Age 12-13: [name_m]Percival[/name_m], [name_m]Emrys[/name_m], Elyan, [name_m]Varian[/name_m], Aeronwyn, [name_f]Nanette[/name_f], [name_u]Nat[/name_u](b), [name_m]Emil[/name_m], [name_u]Kay[/name_u](b), Aerilyn
Age 13-14(now): [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_u]Echo[/name_u], [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f], [name_u]Auburn[/name_u](b), [name_u]Piper[/name_u](b), [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Xyla[/name_f]…

4 Likes

I completely agree about [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]!
(sorry, this is unnecessary and unwarranted and I really didn’t need to state my opinion, just so excited to have found someone who shares my opinion!)

1 Like

same here, I know an [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] who is…well I don’t wanna say anything mean

1 Like

Same!!!

1 Like

I saw this name earlier in this thread and clicked on it…
Is there anything sadder???

3 Likes

There are few things sadder (@dogs_books last post is one of them) than when you get tons of positive comments about a name you were unsure about and you start to love it, then that one person just HAS to say it’s horrible and a grandma name or sounds bad or something. :frowning:

2 Likes