Nameberry memes (Part 1)

SAME!!! But in my head cause my family would tease me for years and years and hate my combos and tell me to be quiet

5 Likes

you can tell my name obsession eras from my stuffed animals names

Age 4 - [name_f]Violetta[/name_f], [name_f]Marsha[/name_f] [name_f]Cat[/name_f] (because of a lady we knew), [name_f]Karina[/name_f] (a family name), Aubie>>[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]>>[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] (her current name)

age 5-7 - [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], (yes 2 emilys), [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Erica[/name_f](bear I named after my great aunt who passed away), [name_f]Bijou[/name_f] (boy dog I named after my grandparent’s dog)
(I was obsessed with [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f], and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f])

all the ages between - Giry (the giraffe(b)), Catty (the cat (g)), Monka (the monkey(g)), Pilly (giraffe pillow pet(b))

Age 9/11 - [name_f]Sophie[/name_f](fish), [name_f]Caroline[/name_f](chihuaha I think), [name_u]Gus[/name_u](sheep), [name_m]Jack[/name_m]((b)dog with bunny ears), Honeybear (bear, girl)

ages 12 and up: [name_f]Monica[/name_f](monkey), [name_m]Chester[/name_m] [name_m]Fabian[/name_m](red squirrel), [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Adorabelle[/name_f](avocado), Curious [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] (Monka renamed), [name_m]Captain[/name_m] Bartholemew (the one-eyed platypus), [name_m]Percival[/name_m] “[name_u]Percy[/name_u]” (rabbit), Stripy (huge huge cute cute hedgehog(b)), [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Tyrone[/name_m] the III (penguin in tux I’ve had for years but never named), [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] (the bear)

yes books and stuffed animals are all I ask for on christmas and birthdays

9 Likes

I can relate to that! Functions with extended family stress me out just because of the number of people and the noise level, but I can’t just start listing names or combos because I don’t even want to think about the fallout of it becoming public knowledge that I love [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] as a name.

(P.S. Books and stuffed animals are the absolute best things to receive on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] and birthdays! Age is not a barrier.)

8 Likes

@EJpuddlejumper Naming stuffed animals is a mood!! [name_f]My[/name_f] special teddy bear is called [name_u]Lisa[/name_u]. I named her that a long time ago, she just is [name_u]Lisa[/name_u]. Back when she was with my other stuffed animals and I didn’t sleep with her and she was male, her name was strawberry. I have a bajillion animals, a beagle called Sparky, a mama cat called [name_f]Bella[/name_f], kittens [name_f]Mira[/name_f] and [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], [name_m]Timmy[/name_m] the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Dinosaur, Pumpkin [name_m]Bear[/name_m], a husky puppy Shayili (pronounced shy-EE-lee) back from when I made a fairy language, and yeah.

2 Likes

TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR FAIRY LANGUAGE!!!

(Ugh it says that all caps isn’t a complete sentence, so I’m adding this!)

6 Likes

Someone needs to make a movie for name nerds. The plot: A love triangle.

So the name nerd, the main character obviously, is torn between two names: [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], while trying to get over their past love, [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. They are playing a baby name game, one like the Drop Your Least Favourite Girl’s Name, and someone drops cordelia. They are heartbroken and there’s a dramatic scene with much crying. They eventually get over it and go with [name_u]Wren[/name_u], but ~ TWIST ~ then find out [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is very controlling and takes over all their name combos!! :scream: They call for the help of their long lost friend, [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], but [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is taken over by [name_u]Wren[/name_u] too!!! OH NO!! Watch to find out what happens next!

13 Likes

@dogs_books… um… there’s not much to tell… I mean maybe… if you really want…

1 Like

That was hysterical all the way through but I made it to the plot twist and choked on my water

5 Likes

Me: I love names. Names, they’re great. Combos and GPs and categorizing based upon style or meaning or sound. Names are so fun.

Person: You’re at the age where people start thinking about having a baby.

Me, looking up from my list: A what?

12 Likes

Ophelia, [name_f]Narcissa[/name_f], [name_f]Liesl[/name_f]… [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] browsed the name list. Nothing had struck a chord with her yet that day, but there was still time. Annabel, [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]… Her heart stopped. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. Beatrix. She’d seen it for years and years… but there was something special this time. Something beautiful. Love. She, [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] Olemot, was in love with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. She snatched it up, scribbling on it in her notepad and immediately brainstorming combos. But it was late. The date had to end.

“When can I see you again?” [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] whispered to [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] didn’t respond out loud, but she felt it in her soul: Every single moment of every single day.

Tinsley went to sleep with a smile on her face that night.

The next day, she planned an entire day for her and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. All the romantic things… First, they went to the park, to eat lunch. [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] packed a picnic basket with all the foods that reminded her of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]- colorful foods like clementines and apples and skittles. Then, she clutched her notepad to her as they strolled to the park, assuring [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] that [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] had nothing on her, she just brought them because they reminded her of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

Tinsley couldn’t help but stare at [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] as they ate. The soft ink inscribing the letters on the page- [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] had the most beautiful letters. Though [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Aster[/name_f] were clamoring on the very next page, that day, [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] only had eyes for [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

Then they went to the movies- a romance movie, of course. It was about a love triangle with [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u], because [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] left the main character.

“Now that,” [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] whispered to her notepad (in her own seat, next to [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]), “is quality film.” [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] agreed, [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] knew. They finally went home, and just cuddled on the couch together. The spiral-binding of [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]’s notepad poked into her arms, but she didn’t care. Her little brother looked at her strangely, hugging a journal on the sofa. But he didn’t understand- he didn’t understand anything. It was perfect. It was idyllic. It was [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]’s perfect day. She forgot about all the times she had done this before, with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and the like… [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] was all that mattered that day.

But the next day, [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] went cold. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] said something… something that made [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]’s heart stop. But she was right to say it. You need to make a commitment. A combo. And she was right. She couldn’t just leave “currently loving [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] rn” in her user card forever. At first, she just doodled ideas. She started a thread. She made a google doc. And she finally got it down to two. But that’s when things got tough.

Beatrix Songbird or [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]? She implored AppelationFruit, the online community of name lovers that she belonged to. But it was too close for comfort.

“[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] Songbird is nms!” The [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] lovers called, heaving insults like mortar shells. “[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] will age with her!” But the Songbird lovers threw back,

“[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] Songbird is whimsical and lovely! [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] seems bland in comparison!”

There was a collective gasp at the atrocity of these claims- at the violence. But it was nothing compared to the war raging in [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]’s head. Would anything be left over afterwards? And there was the question of other names. If she used [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] for [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], she couldn’t use it for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. Her heart tore. Why, oh why! [name_u]Love[/name_u] is a curse, that much [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] knew. [name_u]Love[/name_u] only caused pain. But finally, she silenced the civil war going on on her thread- and in her head… she made a decision. She was gripped with fear as she entered her user card, typed it in… but when she clicked Save, she knew she was doing the right thing. All that was left was cleaning up the ashes left in her decision’s wake. Beatrix Songbird.

Read on for a sneak preview of [name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]’s next adventure, titled “[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f] gets pregnant but her mom doesn’t like the name she chooses!”

18 Likes

This is the greatest piece of creative writing I’ve read in ages.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t call me out like this :joy:

8 Likes

I’m so glad I’m not the only one :joy:!

4 Likes

The Random Name Picker (Now with 3-step…

Need to pick a winner for raffles, contests, drawings, giveaways, promotions or even chores? This tool allows you to quickly pick a random name (winner) from a list of names [name_u]Read[/name_u] More

this is an ad for random name picker. Why only those purposes??? YOU CAN"T LEAVE OUT US NAME LOVERS!!

2 Likes

Searching my name combos document:

5 Likes

This is the only way I decide names :joy: don’t call me out like this

2 Likes

Me with [name_f]Esme[/name_f], and apparently, also [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

6 Likes

Because @dogs_books that story was excellent, here’s my own take :slightly_smiling_face:

I shuddered. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a few days ago, I had fallen in love with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]- she was sweet and soft, yet serious and powerful. She graced the pages of my notebook with her beauty, her elegance. The soft swoops of the capitals and the neat loops of every letter. The little round dot on the i. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I thought that she was perfect, yet something else glimmered in the distance- her sister, the sensual yet playful [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. What was I to do?

5 Likes

Easy. Have an affair.

8 Likes

This is the one time I can condone it.

3 Likes

The epic battle between [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Ren[/name_u]…on later today!! Who will win??

I would love to hear this on the radio

2 Likes