Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Does that work with naming your kid Broadway too?

4 Likes

Meet my child:
Broadway [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] Westend [name_f]Apple[/name_f] [name_m]Mac[/name_m] Amazon Krispy Kreme Disneyland [name_m]Smith[/name_m].

8 Likes

Looking for a 4 syllable name that does not in any case contain the letter F, I or D as those letters are disgraceful to our family. Should be a Russian, Chinese, [name_u]French[/name_u], Mongolian, Khazak, Portuguese, Spanish, Uzbek and Arab name that should also be easily pronounced in [name_f]English[/name_f]. Any suggestions?

7 Likes

would [name_u]Wren[/name_u] work for you?

3 Likes

Ooo tempting, simple but effective although I must remind you I said 4 syllable. I was thinking maybe it could be a nickname for Renesmee (pronounced wren-ez-mee-ey)

3 Likes

Found this while looking through old threads… wow. :flushed:

4 Likes

I love that! I was maybe thinking you could make [name_u]Wren[/name_u] four syllables though. By sort of just spelling it out.

But then it doesn’t work in Uzbek!!!

1 Like

that’s super disappointing, but i know its really important to you.

1 Like

Oh nevermind that! Meet my child [name_f]Renesmee[/name_f] [name_f]Elixyvette[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]

5 Likes

This post is made so much better by the fact that each of the names is highlighted by NB.

4 Likes

Wren pronounced Dubb-[name_f]Ell[/name_f]-Yoo-[name_u]Ren[/name_u]

3 Likes

I’m always so sad when my obviously supremely witty comments on names in the database go unrecognized. [name_m]How[/name_m] are my masterful puns and pristine humor not touted for their true genius?!?

8 Likes

Okay, so, looks like the LaBrant family name is Zealand?

Well, that’s for sure- after all, not everybody appreciates [name_f]Lin[/name_f]-[name_m]Manuel[/name_m] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] and [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_m]Roth[/name_m].

1 Like

I just can’t… :joy:

28 Likes

Did you know 62 % of Berries think the fact that Daycare is recognized as a name is still less weird than the fact that 38 % prefer it to the name [name_f]Nanny[/name_f]?

edit: now I’m seriously confused though, is this about the names or the concepts? Is it even real?

9 Likes

Sometimes, I’ll make a poll about whether a nickname or something is too much of a stretch and even if 80% of the people vote that it is, I’ll justify the nickname by the three people who said it would work.

6 Likes

There’s always that pang of guilt when you say you don’t like a name in rate the user card and then later in a new thread, that user says that the name is their favorite name ever, their future child’s name, so special to them.

14 Likes

When all 3 of the names I added to the “[name_u]Love[/name_u] Like Lose” game get out right away

14 Likes