Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Thanks, [name_f]Katinka[/name_f]!!

2 Likes

in class

Teacher: Who’s your hero?

Classmate: [name_m]Dwayne[/name_m] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m]!
Classmate: Beyoncé!
Classmate: [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]!

Me: @pam!

17 Likes

I want to edit it but don’t know how /good time to ask haha/

1 Like

Do you give names to your character’s children that are not even born during the story?? Or am I just so strange?

1 Like

How cute! I definitely have a soft spot for [name_f]Anya[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]😍

Yunna and [name_m]Matvey[/name_m] are 14 and their future kids are (through it may change) [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Irida[/name_f]

2 Likes
1 Like

Definitely. The character in IWWV ruined it for me, but it’s a pretty good name.

1 Like

I know, RIGHT? Obviously my kid would be doomed if he was named [name_f]Hortense[/name_f], but it’s like sooooo creative to change my own name!

10 Likes

Oh yeah kid couldn’t change their name or tell you they don’t like it but you should have to go through that terrible harrowing struggle of being named [name_f]Hortense[/name_f]! And OF COURSE there are ABSOLUTELY NO NICKNAMES you could go by, not even [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Hetty[/name_f], [name_m]Tenny[/name_m], or [name_f]Essie[/name_f].

9 Likes

Imagine thinking that that’s the worst name you can have.

11 Likes

Whoever thinks that’s a harrowing struggle should try being brown on the first day of school.

6 Likes

Teacher to other kids: Oh, I’m so sorry I said your name wrong. It’s so pretty.

Other kids: Come on! It’s not so bad to have it said wrong.

Me: laughs in brown girl

(a.k.a- that time the teacher can’t pronounce your name right for the two years you spend at that school)

8 Likes

Okay, am I the only one who whenever I see the “Everything But Names” category, I always subconsciously sing it to the tune of “Everything Has Changed” by [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] & [name_m]Ed[/name_m] [name_m]Sheeran[/name_m]?

8 Likes

I can’t say I’ve noticed that before, but I see it now! I was literally listening to that song this morning :joy:

2 Likes

Part 2: the nonusability of a name transfers with a random property.

“[name_m]Dresden[/name_m]? But that place was bombed! It’s like naming your child Hiroshima!” *
“Strippers use word-names so anyone called [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] or [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] is doomed”
“[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is a birth defect! Might as well name your child Symbrachydactyly!”

*alternative punchline: But that place is in [name_m]Germany[/name_m]! It’s like naming your child Mönchengladbach!

18 Likes

Me: sees people insulting a name I’m lukewarm about

Me: adds it to my signature and puts it everywhere

13 Likes

People on NB: Your kid will hate you if you name them [name_f]Brunhilda[/name_f].

Also people on NB: Your kid will hate you if you name them [name_f]Emily[/name_f].

Me: names my kid [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Brunhilda[/name_f]

19 Likes

Me: goes to the Nameberry generator

What the generator suggests: [name_u]Blue[/name_u]

9 Likes

Can you believe that before nb I had a life? Nameberry is my life now.

23 Likes

How dare you! :crying_cat_face: :joy::rofl:

1 Like