Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Btw this probably won’t make sense because the entry for [name_f]Jamesina[/name_f] is updated.

2 Likes

When Nameberry makes a post and tells everyone that my favorite rare name could make a good choice

EAw2O4QVUAESgVu

27 Likes

Does anyone else ever get to the point where you literally can’t focus on anything else when you’re trying to come up with the right mn for a name?

Trying to read a book: …and she laid the cloth, assisted by [name_f]Belinda[/name_f]… “Hmm…[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Belinda[/name_f]?”
Trying to bake cookies: “I wonder if [name_f]Clara[/name_f] really needs to have a long mn ending in -a to match [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]’s…”
Trying to fold laundry: “Would [name_f]Clara[/name_f] sound better with a mn that starts with a vowel instead?”

23 Likes

Not really but sometimes when I’m watching a show or movie I get really hung up on a person’s name and get lost in my thoughts and completely stop paying attention.

10 Likes

Oh, I’ve definitely done that, too! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve had this saved for a while and meant to ask — can I post this on our Instagram? It’s really too funny :laughing:

5 Likes

Sure. I’ve never been posted on Instagram before! Cool!

1 Like

Yay, thanks! Lmk your username if you’d like to be tagged.

Harvest-[name_u]Endellion[/name_u]

Did that work? I am low tech!

Hmm no I’m getting an error message!

Ok I will have to figure out how to send a link.

1 Like

Why do I like this so much :joy:

16 Likes

Actual conversation I had with my brother:

Me: So I’m gonna ask you some questions.
Him: Okay.
Me: So is [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] a girl or boy name?
Him: None.
Me: Sigh Okay, what about [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]?
Him: Girl, obviously!
Me (In my head): Oh my God!
Me (Out loud): Okay, and lastly, [name_u]Vivian[/name_u].
Him: Looks at me like I’m crazy All three of those are girl names!

14 Likes

That’s hilarious :joy: All three are boy names in my mind, but I know they’re all unisex (& that [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is strictly a girl name to most people)

7 Likes

So we have, what?, ten cats (all outside, because that’d be a little, much…). Here’s a quick rundown of their names, with assistance from my mom:
The Parents of our Cats
Nugget (tortiseshell, female)
The Godfather (gnarly, terrifying, orange tabby, male)
The First Batch of Kittens (born [name_u]March[/name_u] 2020)
Crookshanks (orange tabby, male)*
Flurgeon (orange tabby, male)*
[name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_f]Cat[/name_f]/Midnight Noodles the 15th (black cat, male)**
[name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_f]Cat[/name_f]/Gray Girl/WD-40/Pusheen (gray tabby, female)**
[name_u]Twilight[/name_u] (black cat, male, lives in [name_u]Colorado[/name_u])
The Second Batch of Kittens (born [name_u]September[/name_u] 2020)
[name_m]Rolo[/name_m] (orange tabby, male, born with a bend in tale)
Senor Burrito (orange tabby, male)
Nugget [name_m]Jr[/name_m]. (identical to Nugget)
[name_m]Black[/name_m] Kitten (black, male)

*Look identical, so their names are often interchanged.
**Names vary, depending on who’s talking about them.
If you can’t tell, these are extremely creative names, most dubbed by my younger sister, who becomes extremely upset if you call them by their wrong name. At least it’s not my grandma naming them, because we have a red calf she calls…[name_u]Red[/name_u] Calf.
We, obviously, pull no inspiration from this…

10 Likes

Right after I post the poll, I make up my mind and now all the people voting are wasting their time. (And the option I like best is the one no one’s picking!)

24 Likes

pretty much :joy:

5 Likes

Lilith, [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] and [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]. There are new Berries every day with all of those on their lists. [name_f]Every[/name_f]. [name_u]Day[/name_u]. I’ll check my unread new topics and there will be at least one “Favourites from my list. [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]” topic.

9 Likes

Yep. And [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] concerns me every time I see it. Great sound. Horrible history.

In terms of the negative history, it’s in the category of names like [name_m]Adolf[/name_m] for me. Not quite as bad, but close.

I guess any name can be redeemed?!?

8 Likes

(bkgd: my aunt’s friend is having a baby soon, and my aunt brought up the possible names today)
Aunt: so the options are [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] or [name_u]Reed[/name_u].
Me: well, I read a book and a character named [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] was the first to die, and he was bratty and cocky…
Me: and then I read a book with a [name_u]Reid[/name_u], and he was really cool. How are we spelling [name_u]Reed[/name_u]? R-e-e-d? [name_u]Or[/name_u] R-e-i-d?
Aunt: uh…I don’t know how they’re spelling it.
Me: Well what’s the middle name going to be?
Aunt: uh…[name_u]Michael[/name_u].
Me: ooh! I read a book with a [name_u]Michael[/name_u] once and he was great
Me: * and I kinda wanted Book [name_u]Michael[/name_u] to be my boyfriend, but I’m not saying that out loud… *
Me: tell them to go with [name_u]Reid[/name_u].
Aunt: well…they both like [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] better.
Me: * seething with disappointment *
EDIT:
Aunt: there’s a third name option. Beau
Me: spelling? Bo, or Beau?
Aunt: Beau
Me: Nope. Serial killer in a book I read. I’m telling you, go with Reid.
Aunt: * whispers * Reid’s my favorite.
Me: You’re my favorite aunt.

12 Likes