Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Audith? [name_f]Merry[/name_f] would be better ([name_f]Audrey[/name_f] & [name_u]Meredith[/name_u])

Jonold? ([name_m]John[/name_m] & [name_m]Arnold[/name_m])

1 Like

John & [name_u]George[/name_u] - [name_m]Jorge[/name_m]!

Katherine & [name_f]Irene[/name_f] - [name_f]Katherene[/name_f]? Kathene? [name_f]Irine[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Katherene[/name_f] is pretty! Maybe Kathirene?

1 Like

Me: “How about (random name) ?”
Berries: “Ooo love that! But I prefer a different spelling”
Me: “oh gotcha! * creates poll with alternative spellings *
Berries: 80% of poll picks original post’s spelling
Me: okayy soo :joy: wha- ?

10 Likes

I can’t say anything about polls on NB since I don’t usually make or answer them, but…

If there’s anything I learned from making polls on Behind the Name, most people on there hate alternative spellings.

Actually, they don’t really seem fond of most modern/newer names. I keep forgetting that they’re sometimes polar opposites of us!
I guess it makes sense, though. Their site is more focused on history and meaning of names, so naturally it would attract people who are more into traditional/historical names.

3 Likes

Well it’s funny to me is because the trendy/alternative spelling is winning on polls atm, not the original spelling :joy:. Sorry if I worded it weird when I said “original post” I meant my previous thread on the name

If the beanie baby or stuffed animal had a name tag, I usually kept the name unless I didn’t like it.

Here’s some names I came up with:
Hershila (the bunny looked like a Hershey vanila swirl lol)
Rudolpha (the dog had a red nose)
Hugs&Kisses :rofl: (the dog had a pillow with XOXO on it)
[name_f]Una[/name_f]
Toto
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
Vulpix
[name_f]Kiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Perdita[/name_f]
Pongo
Oddball or Spot (I went back and forth between them)

3 Likes

This is the greatest thing :joy:

1 Like

Wait… I feel like most Berries don’t exactly like “creative” names (by creative I mean kinda trendy) Or do you mean word names and magical sounding names and stuff like that?

2 Likes

Oh my goodness I had tons of those toys with the names. As I got older I got more and more disappointed with the names they put on it. I got one toy when I was 8 that was a black dog that was not a beanie baby or beanie boo or something similar. I called it “Blacky,” but the tag said “[name_u]Scotty[/name_u]” so I double-barreled it to be Blacky-scotty.
[name_f]Una[/name_f] is my favorite of those :slight_smile:

P.S.
Is there a way to make your sideways smiley faces stay sideways and not become emojis?

2 Likes

Maybe you could try these?
(: (-:
=)
: )
: -)
:- )
=D
: -D
: D

3 Likes

When you’ve been on Nameberry for a little while and notice your style becoming more and more unique… Seriously, a week ago I would have never even would have considered [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] and now I’m seriously crushing on it.

18 Likes

I mean the latter. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

It’s okay, thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

I once mentioned this name to my SO (who’s part Russian) and he said the same… Never crossed a name off my list so fast :joy:

1 Like

I don’t make polls on Behind the Name anymore, I don’t even ask for opinions on the boards. When I need advice on baby names I come here (as you’ve all noticed recently :sweat_smile:) because on BtN I already know what they’re going to say, if they say anything at all. I find they’re less helpful because they are so… conservative. I reply to a lot of the threads though, but I don’t go there if I need opinions myself.

7 Likes

Ha! Me :joy:

4 Likes

I mostly just play the games. I sometimes make polls, but I never post on the other boards. Well, I probably posted on the Writer’s board once. But anyways.

I do like that Nameberry is more open to different styles of names. But I also think that we can sometimes go too far in the other direction. It seem like everyone is to afraid to say no at times. I’ve seen the weirdest stuff suggested as names on here, but almost every time it always gets overwhelmingly positive responses. I’m not going to name any specific examples, of course.

And maybe it’s just me. Maybe I’m the weird one. Obviously you shouldn’t be purposely insulting someone or the names they like. But at the same time, you should be able to express concern that not every name is appropriate to use on a real life human being who’s going to have that name for at least 18 years.

Anyways, I think both sites have their pros and cons. I personally prefer Nameberry, but neither seems really balanced when it comes to responding to new name ideas.

3 Likes

I love whenever [name_u]Claude[/name_u] comes up on BtN :grin: someone called it “the [name_u]French[/name_u] [name_m]Uriah[/name_m] Heep” and while I adore this name I can totally see it

2 Likes

No one:

Pinterest name pins:
Extremely rare girl names :smiley::smiley::smiley:
[name_f]Mia[/name_f] :kissing_closed_eyes:
[name_f]Ayvah[/name_f] :smile:
[name_f]Laikyn[/name_f] :wink:
[name_f]Itzayana[/name_f] :yum:
[name_f]Bunny[/name_f] :upside_down_face:
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] :blush:
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] :star_struck:
Paizlee :relieved:

(don’t tell me that I’m over-exaggerating because I got all of those from actual pins I saw.)

18 Likes