Nameberry memes

this is the only reason I would ever want to be cryogenically frozen. To see this moment.

non-teenberries:
The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN - Find & [name_f]Share[/name_f] on GIPHY

This is actually really interesting to think about… what would be considered a “good” name if there were no “bad” ones?

I wonder which one’s the favorite child…

11 Likes

14 Likes

Can I put this on our Instagram? :laughing:

Ye, sure :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks! Drop your handle if you’d like to be tagged

Me at 10: I like unusual names, names worn by a single person, nothing traditional and boring!

Me now: How many variations of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] can I fit on my user card?

20 Likes

That’s what bugs me the most about this, actually. Some parents worry that they’re not treating their twins fairly when one has a more common first or a more elaborate middle name, others just name one after the disease and one after the cure.

6 Likes

I bet [name_m]Dick[/name_m] would be such a cute nn for a girl.

16 Likes

I love [name_m]Richard[/name_m], but of all the names to pick, [name_m]Richard[/name_m]???

8 Likes

me, a brit, sadly admitting to knowing a griffin and two wrens

not me with arabella, aurelia, aurora (which is in the top 100?!), calliope, daphne, edith, elka, elsie, frey(j)a, hattie, indigo, océane, ophelia, persephone, poppy, river, sage, seraphine, soleil, sonnet, storm, and tallulah on my list

8 Likes

Of course not all of them are bad, but there are some really bad ones and some that aren’t uncommon at all.

2 Likes

obviously, yes! I’ll admit to being a little skeptical of tenleigh.

2 Likes

Richie or [name_u]Rickie[/name_u] might be cute, but [name_m]Richard[/name_m]? Nah.

(I mean, I kinda like [name_f]Richarda[/name_f], but most people think it’s awful.)

2 Likes

Is there anything quite as exciting as a non-namenerd friend displaying interest in a name?

23 Likes

There’s not! I was on a bike ride with some of friends (In [name_u]November[/name_u]), and they started talking about names with me. Their taste was… fine, but just the fact that they wanted to talk about it made me so happy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Me scanning my surroundings before I browse nameberry so hopefully no one will ask any questions about what I’m doing on a baby naming site :joy:

27 Likes

I swear this is me every time I’m early to a class! :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I was reading today because…reading’s fun, and I saw one of the characters had MY NAME and I was very angry at the book all of the sudden and had to stop reading.

4 Likes

If my future s/o doesn’t like my naming style

17 Likes

This is one of those moments where I’m very happy I have a “safe” and mostly agreeable naming style! :joy:

9 Likes