Nameberry memes

I swear this is me every time I’m early to a class! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I was reading today because…reading’s fun, and I saw one of the characters had MY NAME and I was very angry at the book all of the sudden and had to stop reading.

4 Likes

If my future s/o doesn’t like my naming style

14 Likes

This is one of those moments where I’m very happy I have a “safe” and mostly agreeable naming style! :joy:

8 Likes

When you see someone replying to your topic:

18 Likes

There’s nothing more pleasant than discovering a new plant name. And yet there’s nothing less pleasant than discovering that a flower does not, in fact, look exactly how you pictured it based on the name. Seriously, [name_f]Forsythia[/name_f] has to be large, pink, azalea-like flowers, and don’t even get me started on [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]- it should look like goldenrod, not like lilies!

Naturalists seek out undiscovered plants and name them, while we seek out already-named plants to pirate their names.

12 Likes

I’ve always imagine [name_f]Forsythia[/name_f] as purple, or almost like a [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] plant, which is so sad because I think the actual plant is gorgeous, but the disconnect bothers me so much haha

8 Likes

I recently read an article that mentioned the [name_m]Newbery[/name_m] awards. I, of course, read it as Nameberry,

12 Likes

Pfff I read that as Nameberry

11 Likes

@leafygreens, I was gonna say the same thing!

7 Likes

There are two kinds of people…

“I can’t see why anyone would think [name_m]Poseidon[/name_m] is a ‘weird’ name. Totally normal to me”

“I think [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] is too edgy of a name”

(the latter comment was based on a comment I saw recently. Yes, someone really called [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] an edgy name…)

21 Likes

Also:

“Oh my gosh, who would name their kid [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]? That’s so weird”

“You might want to avoid [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], it’s getting really popular!”

18 Likes

Haha, that reminds me of when my friend told me she thinks [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is a weird name lol

3 Likes

Me when one of my all time favourite names gets mentioned in a thread, especially ones you like because of something in entertainment lol:
breathes in deeply
AHHH OMG AHHH (insert name) AHHHHHH BRING IN THE (insert name) LOVE

there’s also this that I came up with the other week

Parent 1: "Hey (parent’s name), let’s give our girl an uncommon name… :sparkles: [name_u]Rawlings[/name_u] :sparkles:
Parent 2: "What NO what kind of- no- just- how 'bout :sparkles: [name_f]Emily[/name_f] :sparkles:
Parent 1: "What NO what kind of- no- just- it’s so popular? You want this [name_f]Emily[/name_f] to be 1 of the 1000 people in her town! Le gasp!

but seriously rawlings is a dope as flip flops name

5 Likes

this would be great if i liked flip flops :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You don’t like flip flops!? gasp!

6 Likes

Lol I got [name_u]Harly[/name_u] Medcedes
Why Medcedes? Why not [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f], at least?

2 Likes

I’m literally writing a long poem just to use the name [name_f]Epona[/name_f]

#beinganamenerd

12 Likes

Thank you NB for making this happen image

20 Likes

Life Plan:

1. Have daughter
  2. Name her Eponyma
  3. Force her to be great
  4. Have her discover something, anything
  5. Have her name it after herself