Nameberry memes (Part 1)

‘we’re looking for something [name_m]French[/name_m] to honour DH’s step dad, but we cannot use the name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] or [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] as DH’s second cousin, four times removed named her daughters [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]. We really like Esmai, wdyt?’

3 Likes

We want a beautiful vintage name for our daughter, preferably with a Victorian feel. So far we like:

[name_f]Emersyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Kylia[/name_f]
Avaleigh
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]

8 Likes

‘I really like [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] for a little girl, but I’m stuck on a middle name, do you have any suggestions?’

“[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is too cutesy for a grown woman, girls are only little for a short time and people now don’t seem to realise that, just name her [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and call her [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] for short. Then your daughter won’t be 30 years old and cursing you because she can’t be the president of [name_f]France[/name_f] with the name [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]”

22 Likes

DH and I had picked out [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] for our son due in [name_f]October[/name_f], but now it’s #789!! Help us find a more unique name, we don’t want him to be one of five in his class!

14 Likes

Ugh, I just cringe every time I meet another little girl named Myckkynzynleeigh!! (has met 2 girls named [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] and one named [name_u]Makenzie[/name_u])
Ew, why do people even name their kids [name_u]Jayden[/name_u]? That’s just, horrible and trendy. I know I get a lot of critisism on my daughter’s unique vintage name, but it’s my kid! I can name her whatever I want and who are they to judge?

12 Likes

I don’t like judging by socioeconomic class so I would never stoop as low as using an offensive term like ‘white trash’ to describe a name. Oh wait, you’re naming your baby [name_f]Lacie[/name_f]-[name_f]Mai[/name_f] [name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f]? Oh that is so trashy!

8 Likes

To the poster who wanted to name her child [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]: You do realize that it’s the 198th most popular name in the country right now, don’t you? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want your daughter to be like one of 5 Daisys in her class and to be known as [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] LastInitial for the rest of her life? [name_m]How[/name_m] will she ever distinguish herself or form her own identity? [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] and that’s why I have no self-esteem and no identity. I would never do that to a child.

13 Likes

I really hate all the names on the top ten, just, why don’t people use better names, like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]! {Social Security list comes out} AAAAH [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] climbed 98 spots!! It is way too popular. People are always stealing my favorite name. >:(
(By the way I do this all the time)

7 Likes

"DH and I are expecting identical quadruplet girls. Here are our top choices for them:
insert poster’s favorite names
We can’t agree on anything! Please help us!!! Oh and PS I’m 9 months pregnant and didn’t even THINK about a name until now so make it fast!! This is an EMERGENCY!

• [name_u]Ashley[/name_u]
    (The next day)
    We’re proud to announce the birth of our perfect identical quadruplet daughters, (INSERT POSTER’S [name_m]FAVORITE[/name_m] COMBOS). Everything went smoothly thank you so much for your help!!!
  • proud parents [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] and mark!!!"

Most of the fakers have dissolved out, but you can still spot them.

14 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], my name is [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] and I want to change my name. [name_u]Ever[/name_u] since I’ve been 13 I’ve felt like it just wasn’t me. I need something that will capture my radiant quintessence, something that’s a total knockout foxy scholarly special name. Suggestions?

3 Likes

“Please give me your honest opinions on [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]”

gets negative response gets butthurt

4 Likes

Says I’m from Australia;
In America Havana’s offensive
There are too many cubans in America to use Havana
Havana could be considered racist in America

@blade what about Mykynzee thats my favourite name, its my daughters name a sister Elynaah and Jaymzz (there identical triplets and Jaymzz is a girl) where now expecting 4 girl and 4 boy octuplets Can someone suggest something?

1 Like

This is my new favorite thread! Y’all are so funny!

1 Like

@emiliana how about [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], [name_f]Antigone[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] for your girls, and [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Romeo[/name_m], [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] and [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] for your boys?

my boyfriend’s name is [name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and I want to use his name for our baby wdyt of Adymme Jaymez for a girl?!?

2 Likes

I don’t know why you guys are accusing me of being a troll. When I said I had eight pound twins at 40 weeks… uh… it was a typo!!! No, wait, my sister hacked into my account! You know kids these days–always using their hacking skills to break into naming websites.

9 Likes

@[name_u]Haley[/name_u] I like those but spelt Thyzbeey, Antiggannie, Pursefarnii, Opheelier, Lysandahh, Romeeoh, Belthazor and Aphrad. and Adymme Jaymez is perfect although I would spell Jaymez as Jaymzz its my daughters name.

1 Like

Help!!! [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is 5 and I’m having name remorse! Her name is [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] but I just don’t like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] anymore! Please help me!

6 Likes

Hey, I’m just looking for a few suggestions to pair with our daughter, [name_u]Winter[/name_u]. Nothing too fussy or frilly, and please no word names. No rush, we’re just collecting, no more babies for a while.

"Have you considered
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] (required suggestion)
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Blanche[/name_f]
[name_f]Petal[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Io[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Zahara[/name_f]
[name_f]Midori[/name_f]
Galadriel
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_u]Cloud[/name_u]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Zsuzsanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Peridot[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]

Oh, they’re in there."

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter, [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is 8 months old but she’s just not an [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]! [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about us changing her name to one of these;

[name_f]Eurydice[/name_f] Asparagus [name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
Aramantha [name_f]Sophronia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Theophania[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] [name_f]Zuleika[/name_f]
Tryphena Syndosia Hesper

oh and I’m pregnant with daughter #2 , we like these for our second;

Ambrosina [name_f]Hortensia[/name_f] Clarimond
Anchoretta Bellicent Eurania
[name_f]Crescentia[/name_f] [name_f]Ursuline[/name_f] [name_f]Petronilla[/name_f]
Etheldreda [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] Everalda
Laodamia Belvidera Xantippe
Boadicea [name_f]Lystra[/name_f] Demitria

What do you think? (Oh and you best be telling me I’m daring and my combos are amazing, or else I’ll argue with you until you say they are).

8 Likes

If you don’t like [name_f]Ava[/name_f], have you considered;

[name_f]Demetria[/name_f]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
Tryphena
[name_f]Celestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alethea[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_f]Eglantine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
Margeux
[name_f]Araminta[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Blanche[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementina[/name_f]
[name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Honoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

I really love [name_f]Demetria[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] or [name_f]Demetria[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] though! Use them!

2 Likes