Nameberry memes

Nameberry lists [name_u]Moroccan[/name_u] as a wild name…

But his siblings are [name_u]Powerful[/name_u] [name_f]Queen[/name_f], [name_u]Zion[/name_u] Mixolydian and Zillion Heir.

18 Likes

ok but [name_f]Winslet[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is stunning!

3 Likes

Proof that the Teenberry thread is the most chaotic and confusing thread on all of NB:

We were having three conversations at the same time. One was about the best wlw books, one was about grilled cheeses and what they are called in different places (actually, that was more of a debate), and the last was about how scary [name_u]America[/name_u] is.

Prove me wrong.

10 Likes

and now we’re trying to find a decently priced castle in not-italy

10 Likes

Well, that’s one way to ensure your kid is always called first for roll call…
7 Likes

Problems with being a name nerd: Episode who knows what

Some random little kid on the train falls off their seat, so you turn around to see if they are okay. Their mother apologizes to you for the noise.

“Sorry about her, she’s got a lot of energy.”
“Oh, that’s alright! She’s so sweet! What’s her name?”
“El0!sa”

What you say: “Aw, she has such a pretty name!”
What you’re thinking: “OMG so cute so pretty I’m in love she’s so cute her name is beautiful I’m freaking out wait don’t gush she’ll think you’re weird contain yourself wave at her and call her by her name so you can say it out loud it’sssssss soooooooo prettyyyyyyyy”

[name_m]Just[/name_m] me? Okay.

26 Likes

You know you’re a namenerd when you start watching a video or show and the first thing you do is figure out what the main characters are named :joy:

18 Likes

That feeling when you come up with a combo wihout the immediate access to editing your list, you forget later in the day and frustration occurs because you’ve possibly lost a gem or a new favourite…

but also the joy of remembering it back a day or so later

The namenerd rollercoaster.

24 Likes

the internal frustration when a name sounds really pretty, but doesn’t look pretty (or vice versa)

27 Likes

YES

[name_f]Aoife[/name_f]? Beautiful
ee-fa? Ehhh

13 Likes

The name that’s currently plaguing me is [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]. It sounds so pretty, but the visuals just aren’t clicking for me :weary:

10 Likes

That’s why the name [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] isn’t on my list. It looks so much prettier than it sounds.

11 Likes

Jealous of everyone who is able to overhear good names to add to name sightings, apparently around here people don’t use names in public :sweat_smile:

24 Likes

Me: I need to have an even number of boy and girl names in my UC. These names over here are masculine. These are feminine.

Also me: I mean, [name_u]Jem[/name_u] here is on the masc side, but wouldn’t [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] be such a lovely middle? And I think [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] really needs a place in my UC. And [name_u]Joey[/name_u] (g). And [name_f]Fern[/name_f].

Me now: I’ve got six masculine combos and ten feminine combos, that went great. :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I go onto a website that has lists of baby names and a pop up from it comes up. It tells me to select one of the options:

1. I am trying to conceive
  2. I am pregnant
  3. I am a parent

No, none of those are me… I just like names

30 Likes

I have to admit, my childhood bullies were pretty creative. Without them, I would never have known my name (Ananya) rhymed with lasagne and now I have a word to use when writing a rhyming poem using my name (which I’d fit in… somehow)

19 Likes

i’ve just given up on having as many boys names as girls

sashka is the only boys name in my uc at present :eyes::see_no_evil::crescent_moon::heartpulse:

11 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] name rhymes with pretty much anything from teapot to bathtub, I think at that point it isn’t even fun any more to come up with new words, it’s too easy. And still someone tried to rhyme it with banana once (not to tease me), which doesn’t even work.

4 Likes

I can either be in love with my girl name list or my boy name list, but never both at the same time.

17 Likes

found this on twitter

28 Likes