Nameberry memes

“accidentally”

:joy:

5 Likes

when you are fourteen years old in a dollar tree and have to slyly pick up a fertility book as to not look too interested in it.

11 Likes

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and Fern…
5 Likes

I have no meme, but my goodness, your nails are stunning!

6 Likes

I’m this close to non-ironically adding [name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] to my list. Weighty literary name with the nickname [name_m]Iggy[/name_m]? I mean, how could I not?!

15 Likes

Thank you so much, Stella!!

good news everyone! no longer have to stress about girl names since my grandmother has informed me my first daughter will be named her full first and middle names ^^

32 Likes

I just read this. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! (Wren has an r and some of those Icelandic poodles have r’s in their names so it’s a no go!)

1 Like

When you accidentally vote in your own poll, so now you have to pick a favorite, even though the whole reason for the poll was to get everyone else to pick a favorite for you…

12 Likes

I’ve got [name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] and [name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m] on my list. Come to the dark side of ridiculously old and dusty grandpa names.

4 Likes

I love [name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m]. Maybe I’m already in the dark side and didn’t even know it!

7 Likes

my pessimist brain: Your kid is already going to be the myopic, potentially ginger kid from a queer family in a very small town. They don’t need another reason to stand out, especially when the rest of the class is going to be Olivers, Amelias, Arthurs, Ellas, Tommy-Joes and Lily-Maes. Pls for the love of God pick a reasonable, useable name!

my Nameberry brain: Okay but :sparkles: Hero Wolfgang Zebedee :sparkles:

23 Likes

Guys, remember the [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] Fight? I just casually mentioned dating a [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] once to a friend and he thought I was referring to my ex. Whom he knows. Who is not called [name_m]Kevin[/name_m]. He genuinely assumed I was using [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] as a synonym for idiot :woman_facepalming:

11 Likes

Found unironically on Pinterest

Isla is the top baby name in my country lol! No shade/hate, just found it funny how wildly different perceptions are.

26 Likes

Yup [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f] are just as uncommon as [name_f]Althea[/name_f] and Zorianna and [name_u]Zola[/name_u]. Pinterest is never wrong

8 Likes

Mailman: Morning!
Me: Do you like names?
Mailman: Umm…
Me: Do you have children? What are their names? How did you pick their names? Do you have a story behind their names?
Mailman: Umm…
Me: Begins listing names
Mailman: Tries to run
Me: Grabs mailman WAIT! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF AMBROSE?!!
Mailman: Help!

No mailmen were harmed in the making of this meme

19 Likes

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] yes, the uncommon names [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_u]Skye[/name_u] and [name_u]Zoe[/name_u]! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites!

16 Likes

Is it a [name_f]Gen[/name_f] Z thing/aesthetic thing to make all your names lower case? [name_u]Or[/name_u] is it so that it doesn’t link to the name pages?

Not a meme but this felt like the most relevant thread to ask?

12 Likes

Aesthetic but I mostly see it with us Gen Z’s, I like how it looks but lowercased letters for words that are supposed to be uppercase drive me crazy when I do it

5 Likes

… it just looks pretty :sob::rofl:

I’ve actually started capitalizing mine most of the time just so they can link to the name pages for others! I love being able to click on a name I find interesting in others’ posts, so I’m trying to spread that love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes