Nameberry memes (Part 1)

I know a real sibset with these names!

5 Likes

When I was about 7 I was 100% convinced that I was going to name my first daughter Lollipop :joy:

10 Likes

I was watching a movie and one of the characters referred to another character named [name_f]Ada[/name_f] as “a very noble woman.” The namenerd in me got that reference, whether it was intentional or not :joy:

18 Likes

Another fyp find

11 Likes

mine was mournie/mornie! pn like mourn + knee

1 Like

I had not one but two toys that had my own name. And my friends (sisters) named their baby dolls after each other.

5 Likes

i had dolls named Ballet and [name_u]Baker[/name_u] :woozy_face:

4 Likes

my dolls were toad and froggy :sob: clearly the namenerd gene hadn’t kicked in yet

9 Likes

Literally though. There was Big Baby, Little Baby, Blue Baby, Tiny Baby, Little Tiny Baby, and I’m probably even missing some lol

4 Likes

20 Likes

When I was 11, my genius name idea for three siblings was… Rachel, Richard, and Rogerita.

Everyone here is naming literally everything they see, and I can’t even think of names for my plushies anymore.

Okay, that’s actually adorable. :grin:

6 Likes

47 Likes

whenever you post an “honest” name of the day (aka something that may not be a berry favorite, but there’s a special reason it’s your notd), you always get, like, 5 likes.

however… when you just need to post a name and the first thing that comes to your mind is a berry favorite like “sweet flora :cherry_blossom::leaves::notes:”, you get 30 likes.

like, why?? :sob:

33 Likes

Am I the only one who gets mildly annoyed when I go to like a post posted less than a minute ago but someone beats you to the first like?

10 Likes

I thought I was the only one :sweat_smile:

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - 12 likes

in love with sweet adorable flora :herb::ballet_shoes::cherry_blossom: - 27 likes

35 Likes

i know, when i wanna post a name that’s not a nameberry favorite, i always overcompensate with like a ton of emojis and reasonings and stuff :sob:

12 Likes

i’m very much guilty of the aesthetic like bias! but my reasoning is that i genuinely really enjoy seeing what vibes different people get from a name and the imagery they can create. especially with really common nb favorites like flora, i’ll probably only like them if they can give me something new beyond just “i like the name flora” haha

22 Likes

but isn’t mimosa nn mim so adorable :pleading_face:

27 Likes

Me with Hominy. It’s literally grits, it’s breakfast food, but I don’t care.

12 Likes