Nameberry & the LGBTQ+ Community

Hey Berries!

Since pride month is winding down fast, I was wondering if there are any LGBTQ+ members on Nameberry. If you are a member of the LGBTQ+ community, or a lovely ally, let us know! Nameberry is a place of communication, collaboration, and teamwork. It’s a place where we can all come together and share our experiences. If there are any members of the LGBTQ+ community, or allies, we should come together and support each other in a peaceful enviroment.

Thank you for your support,
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I’m not part of the LGBTQ community, but I am definitely a supporter. I have a lot of gay and lesbian friends and I love them to pieces! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Ally[/name_f]! So happy with the amazing progress happening right now. So much further to go, but the light is starting to shine!

[name_f]My[/name_f] older brother has been in a relationship with his boyfriend for nearly three years now. I’ve also been in relationships with both boys and girls (though I’m not in a relationship now). Fortunately, my parents are pretty good about their two oldest kids being gay and bisexual.

I have wondered about lgbtq members of nameberry. It’s nice to see a thread started about it.

An ally over here and proud to be living in a state that allows people to marry who they love, no matter what sex they are.

I’m an ally! I have many L/G friends and I know when I have kids someday I will love them no matter what orientation they are

I actually have two moms, so absolutely an ally! They are the most amazing, supportive women you could hope to meet, and incredible grandparents.

1 Like

Since this thread isn’t about names I’m going to move it to Everything But Names.

Although I am not gay myself I am an ally, actually one of my close family members is a lesbian. Heck I was excited when NZ legalised same sex marriage. When I have kids I will teach them the same values that I have and if they turn out to be apart of the LGTBQ community I will love them not matter what.

I’m definitely a supporter and ally, and very happy to see some progress being made.

Full time supporter here. [name_f]My[/name_f] current BF is bisexual. :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely an ally! :slight_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] cousin from [name_f]France[/name_f], and my mum’s best friend are both very happy with their partners, and I’m all for supporting LGBTQ+ rights.

nearly 3 years since I originally replied and here’s an updated; I’m a girl who likes boys and girls. I’m comfortable not labelling that.

Have a great day :slight_smile:

An ally all the way!

Another ally here as well.

I’m an ally. [name_f]My[/name_f] cousin, who is very dear to me, is a lesbian and came out to our very-conservative extended family a few years ago. There are many others in the community I am blessed to call my friends.

100% ally and activist here! [name_f]My[/name_f] closest friends are homossexual, and it made me very angry to think that they didn’t have the same rights as me. In [name_u]Brazil[/name_u], gay marriage (converting stable union to marriage) was legalized in 2012/2013, but there is still work to do, specially concerning adoption, public opinion, and marriage that is not derived from stable union. Sadly, there are still some terrible cases of homophobia going on, and lots of daily subtle homophobic actions that don’t catch people’s attention, which for me are just as bad or even worse.

Narrow-minded people exist everywhere, but I’m happy we are making advances and proving they are not going to stop others from their civil rights!

I’m bi. But, shh. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t tell anyone. They’d all freak. (shyly waves from the closet)

Eek. This is the first time I’ve actually told anyone. Thanks.

But, of course, I’m always an ally 100%! [name_f]My[/name_f] Uncles and adopted Aunts are gay/lesbian and I couldn’t be prouder to call them my family.

I’m not one myself, but I consider myself an admirer (with the transgender population we’ve had some on here seeking advice on choosing a new name in the transition process, and I’ve used them as a point to defend my side when there was a debate over some name-change issues).