Nameberry...

I just want to say how much I enjoy posting at Nameberry, and reading everyone’s comments and suggestions. As [name]Susan[/name] once related, Nameberry seems to attract people who love classic names, and perhaps those who have read [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s books.

Regardless of how people found their way here, the posters are amazing, intelligent, polite, creative, and a joy with whom to interact. The blogs are awesome, the name database is incredible, and people’s insights are amazing. I just wanted to thank Nameberry, [name]Pam[/name], [name]Linda[/name], and all the posters for the fun I have visiting this site day after day!

Have a great day, everyone!

[name]Jill[/name] :slight_smile:

Indeed! I’m really loving this place, and am telling everyone I talk to about it. The people here are fantastic, [name]Pam[/name] & [name]Linda[/name] have laid out so much information that I’m still sifiting through it all. Absolutely Fabulous (sorry for the pun)! Thanks All! :smiley:

I completely agree. I never would have considered posting on any of the other baby name message boards I’ve come across. After reading these, I actually felt hopeful that I’d recieve some intelligent replies and posted my first ever baby name message!
Thank you!

My family’s life has been extremely stressful this last week, and the stress is just continuing. It is a relief to go on Nameberry and read what all my fellow posters are saying about names. Very relaxing. Thanks so much, everyone, and especially thank you, [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]!

I agree wholeheartedly. Thanks, [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name], for a wonderful site. Thanks to the posters for their thoughtful, smart and often entertaining responses. What a warm and generous group! I look forward to checking in every day to learn the latest in the world of names. [name]Susan[/name], I hope things work out for you soon.

Things got better last night.

I have never had the desire to post anywhere else, though I occasionally checked out other sites. But this place is awesome! I love the blog and really enjoy reading what everybody writes & thinks. And [name]Susan[/name], glad things are doing a little better for you now.

[name]Susan[/name], I’m so sorry things weren’t going well for you, and am so glad your situation has improved. :slight_smile: I’m thinking of you!

I couldn’t agree more [name]Jill[/name]! I’ve never been a regular poster on any site before Nameberry. It’s so nice to find other “namophiles” out there. And Nameberry truly feels like the most intelligent naming site on the web (and as a Graphic Designer, I definitely appreciate the clean modern look!). I was given the original version of “Beyond [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Jason[/name]” for [name]Christmas[/name] as a teenager and have been a fan of [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s books ever since. [name]How[/name] fitting that their website and all of you helped me pick the name of my first child!

[name]Olive[/name], I received the book when I was a teenager, too! What did you name your baby?

That is so neat [name]Jill[/name]! I remember taking it with me on a family vacation and making list after list (my Mother still finds my lists tucked into desk drawers and old notebooks).

As for our son’s name, we settled on [name]Luca[/name] [name]Charles[/name] :slight_smile: I was thinking [name]Luca[/name] [name]Henry[/name] for the longest, but [name]Charles[/name] is my father-in-law and my Grandfather’s initials were LC. My husband and I are both half Italian so we love that [name]Luca[/name] is Italian but not excessively so, if that makes sense (like [name]Paolo[/name] or [name]Massimo[/name]). I was worried that it sounded too feminine at one point, but everyone on Nameberry allayed my fears! And several people have commented on it being a very “manly” name ;).

That’s right! [name]Luca[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. It’s such a fantastic name, [name]Olive[/name]! Congratulations! :slight_smile: I do remember reading that, but at the time, was only a mere lurker, too hesitant to post.

Like you, I also made list after list! [name]How[/name] funny! I even used to design my future children’s wedding invitations, for the sole purpose of writing out the names.

This is random (just tack these sentences onto the first paragraph, as I can’t cut and paste), but I don’t think [name]Luca[/name] is feminine at all. For me, it’s sophisticated, European, and quite handsome. [name]Luca[/name] [name]Henry[/name] would have been nice, but I far prefer [name]Luca[/name] [name]Charles[/name]!

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]! It really suits him, and being able to honor family members is so important to me.