NAMEBERRY'S Top 25 - Results! [Girls' Edition]

Hello, everyone!

After an interminably long time, I am finally sharing my results for the Top 25 threads that have been running the past couple weeks. I’ve been so ridiculously busy lately, so I haven’t been able to do the deeper analysis I’ve been wanting, but I honestly am not sure I’ll ever have time, with the way things are going, and I didn’t want to make you wait any longer. I’m listing the top 25 here, and am attempting to attach my file with a listing of all names that were submitted on the threads, for your viewing pleasure. What do you think? Is it what you expected? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

1. Felicity
  2. Charlotte
  3. Lucy
  4. Rose
  5. Violet
  6. Beatrix
  7. Eleanor
  8. Ivy
  9. Juliet
  10. Maeve
  11. Iris
  12. Jane
  13. Rosemary
  14. Alice
  15. Clementine
  16. Daisy
  17. Florence
  18. Genevieve
  19. Josephine
  20. June
  21. Mabel
  22. Willa
  23. Eliza
  24. Freya
  25. Hazel

Thanks, Berries!

nb top 25 (girls).docx (47.8 KB)

21 Likes

Wow! I’m surprised that [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is #1- I know people tend to like it but I don’t feel like I actually see it all that often. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] being #2 is much less surprising. Most of the others seem fitting to me, too, though I don’t feel like I see [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] mentioned all that often.

One thing I notice and find interesting is that there are only three names ending in the ah sound and they’re at the very bottom. I don’t have any analysis as to why that is, but I just find it interesting because so many of the popular names in the SSA data do end in A.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was surprised by [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]’s popularity. They’re well-liked, but I don’t feel like I see that many [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] or [name_f]Jane[/name_f] combos? [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] ranked higher than I expected, too, and I expected [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] to rank higher than [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (which she doesn’t!), and I expected [name_f]Clara[/name_f] to be top 25 for sure.

I was also surprised by [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]’s popularity–I expected them to be loved, but not top 3! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] was tied with [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] for first until I added the last couple votes, too. I wish I had a bigger data set to work with because I think that would really separate favorites, but it was still fun to do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This list is great!! I love seeing how it’s different than the top 10 list. [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] are on both. I helped get [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] on there!!

1 Like

Very interesting! I love 20 through 25 the most!!

Oh gosh, my favorite is number 1 :sweat_smile:

This list doesn’t surprise me a ton. I see a lot of these names recommended a lot. I was surprised that [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] wasn’t higher and didn’t think [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] would be the first [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-adjacent name listed, but other than that this seems very Nameberry to me.

Great work! This is a beautiful list of names! I’m certainly not surprised to see [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] on the list! The only one that surprised me a little was [name_f]Jane[/name_f], but she’s a classic beauty!

Well done! This list doesn’t surprise me much, to be honest, in terms of what’s on it. I’m a little surprised to not see a few names (examples: [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]) on here that I see suggested/recommended all the time, but nothing on the list particularly shocks me. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is maybe the most surprising to me, but even then it fits with the type of name that gets popular here.

Only [name_f]Jane[/name_f] surprised me, I see others quite a lot here.

Thanks for creating this!

Love it!

I’m surprised to see [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] so high. And I’m downright shocked that [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] didn’t make the cut.

I’m really surprised to see [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] so high. I also didn’t expect [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u] to be on the list. I love that [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is on it! I also don’t see [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] often and it doesn’t seem to fit in with most Berries’ styles so that surprised me.

So fascinating! I am definitely surprised [name_f]Jane[/name_f] made the list, but otherwise this does feel like a very [name_u]Berry[/name_u] list. I am shocked [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is No. 1, though! I expected it to make the list, but not that high. Also surprised to see both [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] so high up there as they seem to always be kind of generally liked, but not huge favorites with many here.

I’m surprised by [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f]!

I had to find the names that I put on my top 25 list but the ones of mine that made it in were [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], & [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! Some names not in my top 25 but are defintiely on my list are on this list for sure! So many beautiful names there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I was one of the ones who contributed [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] other contributing name was [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

If I’d done it today I would have put [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] too, but apparently she’s grown on me since [name_u]September[/name_u].

For those who didn’t look at the document, [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], and [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] also made it in the top 25 since they are tied with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

Again, I know this is late but I want to list my favorites anyway:

Sakura
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kira[/name_f]/Keira
[name_u]Sora[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
Alita
[name_f]Katia[/name_f]
[name_f]Saphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]/Rosaline (this would put [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] in the top 25)
[name_f]Opaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Aliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_u]Sequoia[/name_u]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (this would make [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] become tied with [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] for #1)
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f]

It was very hard to not add these as well:
Anova, [name_f]Fiora[/name_f], [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f], [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Valeria[/name_f], Asgardia, [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f], [name_f]Reina[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_u]Holly[/name_u], Evaluna, [name_f]Raya[/name_f]/Raia, [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

Honorable mentions:
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_u]Marie[/name_u], [name_f]Sita[/name_f], Sira, [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_f]Nadia[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Aida[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f](t), [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f], [name_u]Snow[/name_u], [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], [name_f]Swanhilde[/name_f]

Apparently my taste has gone mainstream lol :sweat_smile: