Names Berries love, but you just don't get...

I actually like a lot of the names that are listed here as dislikes. Oh well! Different strokes, etc!

I agree that I tend to dislike [name]Declan[/name], even though I try to like it (and even though it’s [name]Elvis[/name] Costello’s real name). All I can ever see is ‘declaw’ as in ‘declaw a cat’. Yuck!

And the one nameberry name I cannot get at all no matter how hard I try is:

[name]Carys[/name]

It just sounds and looks harsh and hard and hissy and mean to me. Like a noise a snake or angry cat would say. And it also makes me think of Calibos from Clash of the Titans for some reason.

Yes, [name]Dashiell[/name] is very, very handsome.

I agree with disliking [name]Rufus[/name]. It is the name of my great-grandfather who I could not admire more but I still couldn’t use that name!
I will probably use [name]Reed[/name] as it has the same meaning.

I canNOT get behind [name]Greer[/name]. [name]Even[/name] at all.

I don’t get the appeal…

[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]

I don’t get the wide popularity and invented variations…

Anything with [name]Bri[/name] in the beginning

The one name I really don’t get is [name]Imogen[/name], it sounds too harsh when I say it, maybe it’s just the american accent?

[name]Greer[/name] - It just doesn’t sound like a name to me. It’s just a weird sound and not a very attractive one to me.

[name]Audrey[/name] - This goes for a lot of ‘old lady’ names for me aswell. Maybe it’s because my mother didn’t have me until almost 40 so the names my grandparents generation had are more like great-grandparents to some people now and ready for a come back but I just don’t find them attractive.

[name]Felix[/name] - Fleix to me conjures up one image. That of a scrawny 13 year old with frizzy, curly hair and terrible acne.

[name]Seraphina[/name] - Too sickly sweet for me and much too girly. It sounds like a good name for a character in a fantasy book but not a real person.