Names ending in s...

[name]Just[/name] noticed that my top 3 boys names all end in s! - Albus, [name]Marcus[/name] and [name]Lewis[/name]. I like the flow with our surname, Drinkwater. Any other -s names you can think of that would fit well with Drinkwater and big sis [name]Daisy[/name]? Middle to be [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Matthew[/name].

Thanks [name]Val[/name]

Are you looking for girl and boy names ending with s or just boy names? :slight_smile:

Kaybee xox

Boy names ending with s:
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name] ”[name]Gus[/name]” *
[name]Aurelius[/name]
[name]Barnabas[/name] *
[name]Boris[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Dallas[/name]
[name]Dennis[/name]
[name]Elias[/name] *
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Francis[/name] *
[name]Harris[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]James[/name] *
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Lucius[/name] *
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Maximus[/name] *
[name]Moses[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Octavius[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] *
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] *
[name]Tobias[/name] *
[name]Ulysses[/name]

My favourites are starred.

I especially think [name]Tobias[/name] works wonderfully with your last name, and [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Toby[/name] would be a very cute sibset :slight_smile:

[name]Tobias[/name] Drinkwater is great, I think.

Not sure if you wanted girl names, but here are some:

[name]Agnes[/name], [name]Carys[/name], [name]Dolores[/name], [name]Doris[/name], Eirlys, [name]Frances[/name], [name]Gladys[/name], [name]Hollis[/name], [name]Ines[/name], [name]Lourdes[/name], [name]Mavis[/name], [name]Tess[/name].
Not a great selection for girls, really.

[name]Hope[/name] this has helped a bit.

Kaybee xox

Thanks Kaybee! Yes it was just boys names I was after! I love [name]Thomas[/name] and I like [name]Toby[/name] but I prefer our other choices over [name]Tobias[/name].

[name]Val[/name] x

Thanks Kaybee! Yes it was just boys names I was after! I love [name]Thomas[/name] and I like [name]Toby[/name] but I prefer our other choices over [name]Tobias[/name].

[name]Val[/name] x

Is [name]Daisy[/name] your little one’s nickname or full name? :slight_smile:
[name]Just[/name] wondering for terms of matching stylistically.

In my opinion (which, to be honest, doesn’t mean a whole lot since its your child :p), I think [name]Tobias[/name] or [name]Thomas[/name] go better with [name]Daisy[/name] than Albus because Albus has a more serious, stern feel to it (probably influenced by Dumbledore lol) whereas [name]Tobias[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] have a youthful, playful air to them.

I like [name]Lewis[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] together a lot though ! :smiley:

[name]Daisy[/name] is her full name. We call her Daze most of the time - pretty sure that’ll stick but it may change as she gets older (only 5.5months old at the mo!) - who knows! I’m only 10 weeks at the mo but have been thinking about names for this one for ages - hub thinks I’m crazy…!

Albus is my fav boys name of all time (way before [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] came along when I found it as a surname in our family tree…) but just don’t know if I can use it or not because of the Dumbledore connection - I don’t want to label him for teasing.

Thanks for your help! [name]Val[/name] x

Albus would be nice as a middle name, I think, but in my opinion it would be too susceptible to playground teasing given the massive popularity of the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] series.

There are a heap of names that would sound lovely with Albus in the middle, would you consider Albus as a middle name instead of a first?

You have a really cool last name.
More ideas-
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Regis[/name]
[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Jarvis[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Willis[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Darius[/name]
[name]Caius[/name]

Sorry kaybee! Middle name has to be [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Matthew[/name]. All the Drinkwater men have their fathers first or middle names in the middle name spot… Am trying to not hate the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] books because they were a good read… but is a little frustrating!!

Thanks lis09 I do like [name]Miles[/name]. Haha! [name]Henry[/name]'s gran’s name is [name]Ellis[/name] so I’m not sure what she would think of naming a boy after her!!!

[name]Val[/name] x

Could you do _____ [name]Henry[/name] Albus or ______ [name]Matthew[/name] Albus?

I think that has nice flow.

That’s an idea. [name]Henry[/name] won’t want 2 middles though… I’m not sure at the mo but I could be persuaded :wink: but you won’t convince him unfortunately… It will have to be first name or nothing. I’ll leave it there for now!

So list is now (in my current preference order - although this will prob be different next week…!):
Albus
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]

Any other ideas (you don’t have to limit to ending in s if you can find something you think sounds great!)? Nothing too weird please :slight_smile: I grew up with an unusual name with pronunciation issues (Evalda…) and it wasn’t fun.

Thanks [name]Val[/name] x

I love [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Otis[/name]!

Thanks merylp but I think we are still between Albus and [name]Lewis[/name]… Unless anyone has any other ideas?!
[name]Val[/name] x