Names for a 16-year-old girl and a 10-year-old boy?

My female character is 16, a sophomore in high school. She’s fairly shy and quiet, and somewhat creative and artsy. She’s also smart and likes to help out, which gets her teased a lot. Slightly socially awkward. The one place she feels like she belongs is the soccer field. She’s on the small side. She has an oval-shaped face, bright green eyes, chocolate brown hair, and a fair complexion. She’s been raised by her father since her mother passed away when she was a young girl. She’s often the one who takes care of her little brother, as her father works a lot.

Some names I like for her:
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] ([name]Mattie[/name] or [name]Tilly[/name])
[name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]

Her brother is pretty much her opposite. Outgoing, talkative, and full of energy. He makes friends easily. He’s smart too and likes school. He can be a bit of a trouble-maker, but he always means well. He wants to be a rockstar drummer when he grows up. His hair is medium brown and his eyes are hazel and he has the average build for boys his age.

Names I like for him:
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name] ([name]Josh[/name])
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Tanner[/name]

I’m thinking [name]Griffin[/name] for their last name.

Any comments, suggestions, or combos you have would be appreciated. Preferably nothing too popular, though maybe I shouldn’t say that since [name]Joshua[/name] is very popular. And it takes place in present time, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!

– [name]Laura[/name]

For the girl, I really like [name]Clara[/name]. Maybe her middle name is something that honors her late mother, whatever that may be. :slight_smile:
For the boy, my preference is [name]Tanner[/name]. I think as siblings they fit because they’re both slightly unusual and have the matching long A sounds. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Tanner[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]. Maybe [name]Tanner[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], who is called “TJ” by some people?

Good luck!

I like [name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Mattie[/name] for the girl. It kinda reminds me of a shy girl name but the name still has a lot of spunk.
I was originally thinking [name]Trevor[/name] for the boy. But I kinda liked greyer’s suggestion of “TJ”. I would choose [name]Trevor[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] and call him TJ. That seems right to me.

I also like [name]Mattie[/name] for the girl. [name]Carrie[/name] ([name]Caroline[/name]) is all so cute. Maybe [name]Laurie[/name] too.

I can see [name]Josh[/name] as a fitting name for the brother. Maybe [name]Wesley[/name] or [name]Grant[/name] works.

I like your names and your short character sketches. Trying to write a story with several children in it and your character sketches really got me to thinking. Thank you. I like [name]Josh[/name] or [name]Trevor[/name] for your boy. Seems a boy with one of those names would be courageous enough to be a rock star. Please write to me to my e mail or my face book. Jerol [name]Anderson[/name] on FB I need to be in contact with more writers. I have webpage at www.jerolanderson.com, too.

Jerol

Out of the names you like, I love [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Tanner[/name].