Names for a Foster-cousin

Hi, all! [name_f]My[/name_f] aunt and uncle recently took in two foster kids. They’re hoping to be able to adopt them, but it’s a really long process. The foster baby’s middle name his father’s first name, but because the father abused his wife and all the kids, they want to change it if they can adopt them. Unfortunately, I can’t put his first, middle, or last name on this site, but his first name starts with an “S” and his last name ends with an “Ay” sound, like [name_f]May[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] aunt only does family names for middle names, but she’s having trouble choosing because of her naming style. She only likes names that are super popular, like top ten style. She even thought the name “[name_u]Max[/name_u]” was too out there. The family names we have are:

Abraham
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Steven[/name_m]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] (unfortunately, vetoed)
[name_m]Isadore[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

I was wondering if you can come up with some super common, nondescript names that are similar or based off of these names? Thank you!!

I’ve worked in foster care - I sincerely hope that the adoption process works out :pray:t2: [name_m]Even[/name_m] when it seems like there’s no way a parent can get their kids back, they often do. Sometimes (most of the time) it takes multiple returns and removals.

I love the name [name_u]Max[/name_u], on it’s own. They probably won’t like [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m], but I’ve heard it a few times and find it to be a “strong” name. It’s wild to me when people actually want a top ten name :laughing: I understand going with a common name because a parent loves it… But I don’t understand loving a name because it is common.To each their own tho!

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Brian[/name_m]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_m]Justin[/name_m]
[name_m]Mark[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] (although I prefer the first and middle name to start with different letters)
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]

1 Like

Let’s see…common names like those that come to my mind:
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]/Luke
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]

1 Like

Thank you for the support!! It’s such a difficult process. I don’t understand my aunt’s style either…but I guess to each his own. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Well, [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] is super common and derived, ultimately, from [name_m]John[/name_m]. [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] is fairly common too.

James kind of reminds me of [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]…? What about [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]?

1 Like

Isaac
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]

1 Like

Gabriel
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_u]Christian[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]