Names for Characters

Hi!

I’m working on my latest book. It has a “[name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid” feel, but it’s modern, on land, and about a girl(influencer, dancer, swimmer, dolphin lover) and how she finds a mermaid and helps her to become a person on land without revealing her identity.

Main Character 1 - A dancer, vlogger/online influencer, dolphin lover, and swimmer who lives the beautiful beaches of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], Australia. She is very bubbly, fun-loving, and social. She is also very positive and inclusive. She has 6 siblings and lives with her mom, 4 sisters and 2 brothers. She is the second oldest as a 12-year-old going to 7th grade.

Main Character 2 - A mermaid who ran away from her sea castle and thought that land was her best option. Founded by MC1, she finds her real life and personality through her finder. She started school and finds her passion for reading, surfing, and ancestral history. She becomes best friends with MC1, who helps her find clues to find her siblings(whom she promised to find and bring to the land once she finds a good spot)

Main Character 3 - MC1’s twin sister who is also MC2’s friend. She is a surfer, so she goes to help MC2 learn it.

I also need names for MC1’s other 4 siblings, her mom, 2 other girls, one other boy, 5 dolphins, and a narrator(bother girl and guy names). I want them (at least the MC’s) to have beachy, water names.

This is my list so far:
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Rayne[/name_f](MN)
[name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bree[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenna[/name_f]

1 Like

MC1: [name_f]Coral[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]

MC2: [name_f]Aqua[/name_f], [name_f]Oceana[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Oceana[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (a mermaid name idea I’ve had for a long time)

MC3: [name_u]Shelly[/name_u], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

I’ll try to be back in the morning (well morning for me but later for you) but I must sleep now and my computer is almost dead. :wink:

2 Likes

@EJpuddlejumper I like [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] and [name_f]Oceana[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]!

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
Oceanie
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_u]Vida[/name_u] (has always reminded me of the waves)
[name_f]Deena[/name_f]
[name_f]Doria[/name_f] - [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
Safi
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u]
[name_f]Sana[/name_f]
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f] (i find sounds like a summery name)
hope u find ur names :slight_smile:

1 Like

Serena
[name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]

Coast
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]

1 Like

For MC1 and MC3, I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. For MC2 mermaid, I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

MC1: [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_u]Bryn[/name_u], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Libby[/name_f], Melanthca, [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

MC2: [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Nenna[/name_f], [name_f]Rajani[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u]

MC3: [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], [name_f]Bryony[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Gracie[/name_f], [name_u]Harley[/name_u], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Ninetta[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]

Other Siblings: [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_m]Adelio[/name_m], [name_m]Barton[/name_m], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_m]Djimon[/name_m], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_u]Hilary[/name_u], [name_f]Jadine[/name_f], [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u], [name_m]Linton[/name_m], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_m]Morton[/name_m], [name_u]Page[/name_u], [name_m]Quillen[/name_m], [name_f]Shirin[/name_f], [name_m]Timon[/name_m], [name_u]Zooey[/name_u]

Mom: [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_u]Blue[/name_u], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Malta[/name_f]

Other Boys: [name_m]Dix[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Kenny[/name_m], [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u], [name_u]Shalom[/name_u]

Other Girls: [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u]

Dolphins: [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_u]Dorsey[/name_u], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_m]Hieronymous[/name_m]

Narrator: [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f], [name_m]Derrick[/name_m], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

1 Like

Wow!
I like…
MC1 - [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Bryn[/name_u], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
MC2 - [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
MC3 - [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], [name_u]Harley[/name_u]
OS - [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
MOM - [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
OB - [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
OG - [name_f]Celia[/name_f]
D - [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
N - [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

1 Like