Names For Future Kids?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! My partner [name_u]Joey[/name_u] and I, in the future, plan on having two sons and possibly a daughter (I want one, he doesn’t). Anyway, we can’t quite narrow down our options to two boy names and one girl name. Here are the options, first then middle name.
Boys:
[name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m] (the ai pronounced as “eye” and the s like a z. Like Kyzer)

Bravado [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]

Lexington [name_m]Paul[/name_m] ([name_u]Lex[/name_u] for nn)

[name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] (sentimental. [name_u]Joey[/name_u]'s stepdad was a [name_m]Scott[/name_m] and died in a work accident when joey was 13. They were very close)

[name_m]Johnathon[/name_m] [name_m]Earl[/name_m] ([name_m]John[/name_m] for short. [name_m]Earl[/name_m] was the name of 2 of my grandfathers.)

Girls:
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] ([name_f]Peggy[/name_f] for short. My great grandmother thought this was her name until she was about 16 and found out her name was…

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]

[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Alanna[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]

[name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_f]Etta[/name_f]

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] ([name_f]Betty[/name_f] for short)

So do you think you can help us out?

For boys, I really like [name_u]Porter[/name_u] but I don’t think it flows with [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]. Perhaps [name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]? My favorites would be [name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] and Lexington [name_m]Paul[/name_m]. For girls, it’s a toss-up between [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]. I prefer the spelling [name_f]Lila[/name_f], so because of that I pick [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f].

[name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
Lexington [name_m]Paul[/name_m]

From your boy name options I like [name_m]Scott[/name_m] or [name_m]Paul[/name_m] best for a first name. I like the combos [name_m]Scott[/name_m] Bravado & [name_m]Paul[/name_m] Bravado …lol I like names ending in O
From your girl name options I like really like [name_f]Alanna[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u], wow :slight_smile:

So I love [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Earl[/name_m], because I especially love family names… how special would it be to tell your son “we named you after 2 people who were very very special to me”… I just love it. [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] isn’t my all time favorite first name, but if that is what you like [name_m]Earl[/name_m] with, then go for it.

What about [name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_m]Earl[/name_m]??? I think it sound very strong and masculine. I love the name [name_m]Scott[/name_m]… and it would be fun to have two sentimental names to you both. [name_m]Scott[/name_m] also isn’t super popular right now.

As far as your girl’s names, i totally see where you are going. I love classic names… but I think the whole nicknaming process you are going for is a little outdated (there are no P’s in [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]… it just seems confusing to me). I really really do like all of your choices, just not quite to say that i like the first name/middle name combos. I love the name [name_f]Luella[/name_f] ([name_f]Lu[/name_f] sounds like such a cute nn to me), [name_f]Etta[/name_f], and [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] the best :slight_smile:

[name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m]

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]

I * my number 1 choices

*[name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]

*[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]

My fave combos from yours are Lexington [name_m]Paul[/name_m] and [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_f]Etta[/name_f], but I’d love for a boy:
Lexington [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_m]Earl[/name_m]
Lexington [name_m]Earl[/name_m]

Since you plan on having 2 boys, I’d choose Lexington [name_m]Earl[/name_m] and [name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m], two strong, handsome names.

For a girl, I’d prefer:
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]

My fave is [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], I find it adorable. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] would make a lovely name too.

Lexington [name_m]Earl[/name_m], [name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]; [name_u]Lex[/name_u], [name_m]Port[/name_m] and [name_f]Addie[/name_f] for short.

Boys:
[name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] - I’d switch it up, [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Porter[/name_u] flows better.
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m] - I like this.
Bravado [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] - [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] Bravado flows better.
Lexington [name_m]Paul[/name_m] - This is good.
[name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] - Good.
[name_m]Johnathon[/name_m] [name_m]Earl[/name_m] - Good.

Girls:
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] - [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] isn’t my favorite nn for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], I much prefer [name_f]Meg[/name_f] or [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. Not a fan of [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] for a girl, [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] would be pretty.
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] - Flows well.
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] - Cute!
[name_f]Alanna[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u] - Sounds like A Lot Of [name_u]Rain[/name_u]. :confused:
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_f]Etta[/name_f] - [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] flows better.
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] - Works.

My favorites:
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Porter[/name_u], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m], and [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m] Bravado, Lexington [name_m]Paul[/name_m], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] = [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]Lex[/name_u], and [name_f]Betty[/name_f]
[name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Johnathan[/name_m] [name_m]Earl[/name_m], & [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] = [name_m]Scott[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m], and [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]

Out of your options, I like…

Lexington [name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Johnathon[/name_m] [name_m]Earl[/name_m]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Maude[/name_f]

I also like the combo [name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], but think [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] sounds better.

PS. Great nicknames for the girls!

I love [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m] (it flows really well for some reason) and [name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. Both two very classic names that you don’t hear a lot of but not so much that they’ll be teased.

I love, love, love [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]. That was always my top name for a girl when I was a kid. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is gorgeous as well, though I hear its becoming quite popular.

I like:

[name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Johnathon[/name_m] [name_m]Earl[/name_m] (not big on [name_m]Johnathon[/name_m], but the family connection is important)

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] (I do like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] & [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] a tad better)
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Maude[/name_f]

I agree that [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] sounds better. Now I knew it sounded familiar and had to look it up, it’s the author of the US’s national anthem. I doubt it would be a problem, but just something to be aware of if you do use that combo.

I like [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m] & [name_m]Johnathon[/name_m] [name_m]Earl[/name_m] the best, followed by [name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] & [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] are both beautiful.

It’s lovely you’re thinking of this, though I know quite a few people who had their hearts set on a certain gender and never got one!