Names for my characters' children

Hello again, everyone! When I first came to Nameberry, it was solely in search of some assistance for naming my little girl. However, in a number of days this website has become so much more. I truly feel like I am part of a little community! So now, I ask for everyone’s help with something a little less serious than our baby to be… :slight_smile:

I am an avid writer. I’ve never been published nor am I actively pursuing publication; I just love to write. I have written hundreds of stories, some only a couple of pages long and others the length of novels. Most of the time, my stories are lucky to be read by anyone but my husband!

One of my longest-running stories revolves around [name]William[/name] ([name]Will[/name]) and [name]Whitney[/name]. To me, they are my [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]… in brief, [name]Will[/name] was a former gang leader who fell in love with [name]Whitney[/name], who would have been one of the gang’s victims had he not saved her. For a while now, I have toyed with the idea of children for the two, but I haven’t been able to come up with any suitable names. Maybe you all will have some suggestions. I like the idea of something representative of [name]Will[/name]'s changed life. So far, all I have thought up is [name]Mercy[/name] :slight_smile: If anyone has any more suggestions, it would be a pleasure to hear them.

As always, thank you all! Many blessings!

• [name]Annemarie[/name]

Hmm, what style of names are you looking for? What would be the personalities/looks of the children?

You know, I am very unsure on both accounts. I have toyed with many combinations for the children, and the one I keep coming back to is twin boys and a baby girl.

The boys I picture as identical, and very close in appearance to their father. [name]Will[/name] is of Native American descent, and I envision them inheriting most of his physical attributes. They would have tan skin, messy black hair and big, chocolate brown eyes. Their noses and cheeks would be splattered with their mother’s freckles and they would have big, silly smiles. I imagine them to be very close to each other, yet with clashing personalities. One of the boys would be loud, rambunctious and prone to trouble; the other would be quiet, sweet and generally well-behaved. They would be about 5 at the time I plan to write my next “installment.”

The girl I envision more like her mother. She would be her daddy’s little princess, utterly spoiled, and never would she want for anything. Her skin would be tan, though not quite as dark as her father and brothers’. Her eyes would be hazel, and her hair would be dark brown, long and wavy. I envision her as looking like a cherub but in reality being a bit of a handful - she is, after all, her father’s daughter. I am really liking the thought of [name]Mercy[/name] for her, though I also like [name]Willow[/name] :slight_smile:

I kind of like [name]Lia[/name] for the girl, sort of a play on her dad’s name [name]WilLIAm[/name]. Maybe [name]Cruz[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] for the boys? I’m picturing something short and cool for some reason. Good luck deciding.

I really like [name]Lia[/name], too! As well as [name]Cruz[/name] and [name]Jack[/name]. Thanks so much for your help, they are definitely onto my list of possibilities!