Names for my characters?

Hello! I’m planning a story, but I currently have a few nameless characters that, although aren’t introduced until later in the series, are quite crucial to the plot. So, without further ado, my characters:

1 – A man in his early thirties. He has long, light brown wavy hair that he keeps in a pony tail and dark brown eyes. He is quite tall – 6’ ish – and slim (though that’s not to say he doesn’t have any muscle). He also has relatively attractive facial features, though not especially so. Generally, he wears a long, black winter coat (that falls to about half way down his calves). As for his personality, he is unusually smart with an eagerness to simply learn (though he doesn’t showcase said eagerness; he is very professional), doesn’t get embarrassed, and seems almost detached when in conversation (he doesn’t empathize with people well and while understands people’s problems on a professional level, cannot connect with them or understand their feelings all that well, either). He had fallen in love once, as a teenager, with his best friend (who came from a notoriously Dark family, and got himself into his profession), though she ended up betraying him – he hasn’t been in contact with her for around fifteen years. She is presumed dead (though later revealed to be alive).

2 – This is the first man’s companion, if you will. They are partners and, although they don’t understand each other perfectly, work well together despite their differences. He is a little younger (about 26-ish) and has shoulder-length, thick, dark, wavy hair that he keeps in a knot at the back of his head. He isn’t quite as tall (about 5’9’’/5’10’’) but has much more muscle, and is very physically active. He is very attractive and wears a dark stubble, and has light blue eyes. His clothing usually consists of a dark shirt, dark jeans, laced black boots and a leather jacket. As for his personality, he works with typically Dark things (unlike his partner, who specializes in protection and power rituals and such, though dabbles in other areas) and that makes him an outcast. He comes off as very harsh and not at all sympathizing, but is intimidatingly observant. He is quite lonely, and while he secretly wants someone to understand him and a true friend – he later gains this in my main character – he refuses to ever change for someone (if they don’t like who he is, then they can leave). He’s also impatient and quite impulsive at times, especially when hurt, which he then channels into annoyance and anger (not the healthiest way to deal with tragedies, mind you). He is also prepared to do what needs to be done in order to win (this is war, and so he will murder and torture need be, even though he doesn’t like it himself).

3 – This is, yet again, another man, though he is about 18 and not at all related to the previous characters. He has shoulder length, straight dark hair which he keeps down, dark eyes, very attractive facial features and a muscled build (though not quite on Character 2’s level), and dresses very professionally (generally in suits and such). He has quite the temper when accused of lying or someone offends his friends/families/beliefs, which usually portrays itself through harsh words and an unhealthy obsession for revenge. He generally assumes before he knows – which gets him into a lot of trouble – but is forced to adapt quickly, which he does (after a fair bit of arguing, however). He has a very clear view on what is [name_m]Light[/name_m] and Dark (and therefore, in his belief, Good and Evil), but he isn’t always right (again, this gets him into trouble with certain characters). Also, he is very talented at sword fighting and very able to protect himself (he doesn’t like having to rely on someone else, either for protection or simply because they know more than himself – this makes him eager to learn more than others). He keeps track of his debts and only helps people if there is something in it for him (a habit that is desperately tried to break by another character because they believe that you should simply help people if you can – he doesn’t understand this).

Thanks!

Character one strikes me as having a very classic-sounding name, but not something overly common. Maybe something like [name_m]Septimus[/name_m], [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u], [name_m]Thoreau[/name_m], [name_u]Ashby[/name_u], [name_m]Julian[/name_m], or [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]?

Character two sounds like he’d have something shorter, maybe ‘darker’. Something along the lines of [name_u]Orion[/name_u],
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m], [name_m]Dunn[/name_m], [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], or [name_u]Nico[/name_u].

Character three strikes me as someone with a very classic name, but nothing so common as ‘[name_m]John[/name_m]’. Maybe he has a surname for a first name? Something like [name_m]Clarence[/name_m], [name_m]Julius[/name_m], [name_m]Granville[/name_m], [name_u]Abbot[/name_u], [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m], or [name_m]Warren[/name_m].

Your characters sound interesting. I hope this helps you figure out their names.

I think you have very strong characters! The only suggestion I would make is that all three of them seem to have longer hair. Maybe that’s what’s normal for the place in the story you’re creating, but if it’s supposed to be a somewhat unique trait then I suggest limiting that to only one of the characters. Honestly really great characters, though!

As for names, I read the last person’s post and a few names caught my eye from that that I really like.

First: I loved [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] and think [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] is also really great.
Second: I think [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] or [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] would be perfect.
Third: I really like [name_m]Clarence[/name_m] and [name_m]Warren[/name_m]. I also think the name [name_m]Dunn[/name_m] that was suggested for the second character would work very well for this character.

Here’s some more suggestions:
First: [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_m]Hector[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
Second: [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_m]Israel[/name_m], Athen, [name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
Third: [name_m]Ralph[/name_m]/[name_m]Ralphie[/name_m], [name_m]Ross[/name_m], [name_m]Axel[/name_m], [name_m]Collin[/name_m]

1. [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], [name_m]Marcus[/name_m], Torres, [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Rich[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_u]Shane[/name_u], [name_m]Sean[/name_m]
  3. [name_u]Luca[/name_u], [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], [name_m]Hector[/name_m], [name_m]Weston[/name_m]

1: [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], [name_m]Leopold[/name_m], [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], [name_m]Basil[/name_m], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_m]Clarence[/name_m], [name_m]Diggory[/name_m]

2: [name_m]Bauer[/name_m], [name_u]Carey[/name_u], [name_u]Donnelly[/name_u], [name_m]Tynan[/name_m], [name_m]Nigel[/name_m]

3: [name_m]Casimir[/name_m], [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], [name_m]Seymour[/name_m], [name_m]Arnold[/name_m], [name_m]Quillon[/name_m]