Names For My Future Cat?

So I’m definitely getting ahead of myself here because I’m nowhere near getting another cat, but I’ll always have cats in my life, and since I’m not sure I’ll have kids and my cats are the closest thing I’ve got, I take naming them very seriously, though my pet names can definitely be goofy. :laughing:

I have a cat named [name_m]Montague[/name_m] “[name_m]Monty[/name_m],” and would like to name my future cats in a compatible style. I prefer people names for pets, and all these names have a meaning as to why I picked them.

Names I like:

Female Cats

Astoria “[name_u]Story[/name_u]”
Capulet “[name_f]Lettie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Angela[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Scheherazade[/name_f] “[name_f]Hera[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Zada[/name_f]”

Male Cats

Capulet “Cappy” or “[name_m]Cap[/name_m]”
[name_m]Dwight[/name_m]
[name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] ([name_m]King[/name_m] of Cats)
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] (the Catticus, yes I know I know)

Suggestions, comments, jokes all welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m considering doing it for the nickname “[name_u]Story[/name_u]” because 1) [name_m]Monty[/name_m] and [name_u]Story[/name_u] is adorable and 2) I’m an avid reader and a writer ([name_f]Paige[/name_f] is an option for the same reasons).

1 Like

I love the idea of [name_m]Montague[/name_m] and Capulet. I also love [name_f]Angela[/name_f] and [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m].

1 Like

Hi there.

Monty is adorable for a little kitty! I’m an over the top pet parent who also probably doesn’t plan on having kids. Oddly enough, despite being a name nerd for a good 20+ years, I’ve named all of my pets some what on the fly. They all have names that I kind of liked okay, but weren’t necessarily on my lists. And then when I met them, they almost came w/name tags (metaphorically speaking.) That being said, I do have a list for future pets that I may or may not use some day.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on your lists:

Girls-

Astoria ‘[name_u]Story[/name_u]’-I find this a bit much for a human, but I think I love it on a cat. Especially w/Montague nn [name_m]Monty[/name_m].

Capulet '[name_f]Lettie[/name_f]-That’s just ridiculous, but slightly ridiculous is totally fine when naming kitties. A little [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] would be sweet. I also like the idea of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] for a cat.

Angela-I don’t like this name that much for some reason. Something about the ‘ange’ sound isn’t pretty to me. I like the idea of a little kitty [name_f]Annie[/name_f] though.

Paige-Meh, that name is just a little bland. I love cats too much to be able to picture one w/a bland name.

Scheherazade-Woo, that’s a doozie. I can’t even begin to pronounce it.

Boys-

Capulet ‘Cappy’ or ‘[name_m]Cap[/name_m]’-So cute! Would it be weird to have a boy called Capulet? I mean, obviously [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] has male relatives. It just seems associated w/her though.

Dwight-Kind of quirky, but also a little hillbilly. Not my cup of tea.

Tybalt-[name_u]Love[/name_u] the sentiment here. Very clever & obscure.

Arthur-That’s adorable & cheeky.

Atticus the Catticus-Hah! That’s silly. But not in a bad way! I like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], but I don’t know why I can’t picture it on a cat for some reason.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please get a girl kitty and a boy kitty someday and name them [name_f]Angela[/name_f] and [name_m]Dwight[/name_m]! :smiley:

I love [name_m]Montague[/name_m] “[name_m]Monty[/name_m]”! I think [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] “[name_u]Reggie[/name_u]” would work well as a brother.

From your list I also like [name_f]Scheherazade[/name_f] but how exactly is it pronounced? Capulet is actually so perfect with [name_m]Montague[/name_m] and I like nicknames [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] or Cappy haha!

1 Like

Scheherazade is pronounced shuh-HERR-ah-zahd. That, [name_u]Story[/name_u], and [name_f]Paige[/name_f] are because I’m a writer (as are many important people in my life) and an avid reader, and I thought it would be fun to honor that with a kitty name (because I could never use [name_f]Scheherazade[/name_f] on a human).

Re: [name_m]Dwight[/name_m] and [name_f]Angela[/name_f]— you got the exact reference! :wink: though [name_f]Angela[/name_f] is also for [name_f]Angela[/name_f] Montenegro from Bones.

Lettie and Cappy are very likely options for an eventual brother or sister for [name_m]Montague[/name_m], I’ve also thought about other [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] names— [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] is the front runner there, but [name_m]Mercutio[/name_m], MacDuff, and MANY other [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] names have been thrown into the potential mix.

I love [name_u]Reggie[/name_u], but it’s sort of been spoiled for me by Riverdale (huge fan of the original [name_m]Archie[/name_m] comics if that tells you why).

Oh, and because I’m the worst, in the vein of [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] the Catticus I also like [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m].

1 Like

Love all of the options!!! So well thought out! Okay I don’t know what [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] the Catticus is but I’ve always said if I had another kitty boy I would name him [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] so I could call him “Mew” or Mewmew! I currentlly have a [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] I call Jaspurrrr or Purrpurr, or Jaspy.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] for a boy cat. And Capulet for a girl.

1 Like

Lullaby

1 Like

Cruella
Drusinda
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] ([name_f]Cleo[/name_f])
[name_u]Francis[/name_u] ([name_f]Franny[/name_f])
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]

Harrison
[name_m]Godfrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] (Bash)
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] ([name_m]Greg[/name_m])
[name_m]Benvolio[/name_m] ([name_m]Ben[/name_m])
[name_m]Hamlet[/name_m]

1 Like

@ajenni10 Ooh I love these! Especially [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] and [name_m]Benvolio[/name_m].

Montague and Capulet are just too perfect together. I love it! I also have a soft spot for the name [name_m]Dwight[/name_m] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. :heart:

1 Like