Names for my OCs

I need your help to think of a good name for my original characters.

The genre of the story is a historical,time period piece.

The story takes place in 1972 to 1973, [name_m]Boston[/name_m], Massachusetts and it’s about young kids who like to play and entertain young children.

Character #1

Description: The character is a twelve-thirteen year old Italian-American girl, she has dark brown hair and her skin is peach and wears glasses, her height is average and is overweight. She wears a long-sleeved red shirt with blue stripes and blue jeans. She also has a [name_m]Boston[/name_m] accent and has a distinctive laugh.

She is a young Italian-American girl who likes to read books, play outside, and likes to play sports and lives in [name_m]Boston[/name_m], Massachusetts in a nice neighborhood. She is smart, intelligent, nice, cool, level headed, witty, nerdy, mature, bookish, independent, kind, friendly, fun-loving, responsible, sassy, feisty, confident, tough, helpful, and loyal who can be sarcastic at times. She has a group of friends named [name_m]Joe[/name_m], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_m]Kenny[/name_m],[name_u]Tracy[/name_u],[name_m]Tommy[/name_m], [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] and [name_m]Jon[/name_m] who likes to play games, tell stories and put on plays, she is usually serves as the smart one and the voice of reason to her group of friends to keep them grounded, she’s also a big sister to the younger kids [name_m]Kenny[/name_m],[name_u]Tracy[/name_u] and [name_f]Nancy[/name_f].

The names that i’m considering:
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Brenda[/name_f]
[name_f]Sharon[/name_f]

Character #2
Description: The character is a twelve year old boy, he has brown hair and fair skin, he is tall and is slender. He wears a long-sleeved sky blue short with red stripes and blue jeans.

He is a young boy who was a short time member of the group who was a new member along side newcomers [name_f]Maura[/name_f], [name_f]Ann[/name_f],[name_u]Jay[/name_u] and [name_m]David[/name_m] and old-timers [name_m]Kenny[/name_m],[name_u]Tracy[/name_u], and [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] before moving to [name_u]California[/name_u]. He likes to play soccer, watching saturday morning cartoons, and making movies with friends.

[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]

Character #3
Description: The character is a thirteen year old girl, she is tall and slender who has ginger-red hair with pale ivory skin with brown eyes. She wears a long sleeved sky blue shirt with red stripes and blue jeans.

She is a young British-American girl who lives in [name_m]Boston[/name_m], Massachusetts in a nice neighborhood; her mother and father are both doctors and is the youngest of four children. She is best described as nice, kind, down to earth, intelligent, smart, mature, bright, wise, motherly, sensible, understanding, caring, confident young lady who can also be sassy, feisty, bossy, no-nonsense at times. She has a group of friends named [name_f]Maura[/name_f], [name_m]Luiz[/name_m], [name_f]Ann[/name_f], [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f], [name_u]Jay[/name_u] and [name_m]Leon[/name_m] who likes to play games, tell stories and put on plays, they considered her to be the most popular member of the group because of her kindness and motherly personality that keeps the group together.

[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]
[name_f]Carol[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Character #4

Description: The character is a twelve year old girl, she has short light brown hair and she has fair skin, she is short and is slender. She wears a red button-down shirt with white collar and black stripes with blue jeans.

She is a twelve year old tomboy who likes to play sports, ride her bike, and drawing in her spare time. She has a group of friends named [name_u]Danny[/name_u], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_m]Mike[/name_m],[name_f]Donna[/name_f],[name_m]Timmy[/name_m], [name_f]Lori[/name_f] and [name_u]Neal[/name_u] who likes to play games, tell stories and put on plays, she’s usually the comic relief of the group who likes to tell jokes. She’s also good friends with [name_f]Donna[/name_f], [name_f]Lori[/name_f] and [name_m]Mike[/name_m].

[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Gail[/name_f]

I will like their names to fit very well with their characters, personalities along with their friends’ names. If you already thought of a good names each of them, hit the reply button!

So I had a look at popularity lists for the right sort of years that these characters would’ve been born and went from there.

Character 1 - I like [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]. [name_f]Angela[/name_f], [name_f]Tina[/name_f], [name_f]Teresa[/name_f]/[name_f]Teri[/name_f], [name_f]Gina[/name_f], [name_f]Janine[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f]/[name_f]Rena[/name_f], [name_f]Tricia[/name_f].

Character 2 - I like [name_m]Paul[/name_m]. [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m], [name_u]Ricky[/name_u], [name_m]Craig[/name_m], [name_u]Dale[/name_u], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]/[name_u]Vinny[/name_u], [name_m]Stuart[/name_m], [name_m]Warren[/name_m].

Character 3 - I like [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. [name_f]Yvonne[/name_f], [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f], [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f], [name_f]Valerie[/name_f], [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Monica[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f].

Character 4 - I like [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. [name_u]Jodie[/name_u], [name_f]Dawn[/name_f], [name_f]Lori[/name_f], [name_u]Kim[/name_u], [name_u]Dana[/name_u], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Renee[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these help :slight_smile:

1 Like

For character 1 maybe:
I like [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]. Maybe: [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

Character 2. I like [name_m]Paul[/name_m]. Maybe… … [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]?

Character 3. [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Cindy[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]

Character 4
… I was going to say [name_f]Lori[/name_f], but that’s already been chosen.
Maybe: [name_f]Lauren[/name_f], (I like [name_u]Robin[/name_u]) [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Kat[/name_f] ([name_f]Kate[/name_f])