names for our Christmas baby

[name]Hi[/name]! I just discovered this forum, and I was so impressed with the name suggestions I saw in the threads I browsed that I realized I just had to ask for ideas here. We’re expecting our second child in [name]December[/name]–don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy. Big [name]Sister[/name] is named [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Clare[/name]. We like unique names that are still familiar enough to pronounce/spell without too much difficulty. So far the top names on our lists are [name]Victoria[/name] or [name]Adalia[/name] for a girl and [name]Silas[/name] for a boy…but I’m not attached to any of those names yet.

Biggest challenge is this. I would really like for the middle name to have a [name]Christmas[/name]-y feel. AND I want it to start with a C, because everyone in our family has C for their middle initial. Not [name]Christmas[/name] or Cheer or [name]Candy[/name] or [name]Cane[/name] or [name]Carol[/name]…something more sophisticated…but not too long. We really like [name]Crispin[/name] but it’s not actually a [name]Christmas[/name] name (it just sounds like one!). I like [name]Cole[/name] for a boy but DH doesn’t. I like two- or three-syllable first names with a one-syllable middle name, generally.

Oh, and the meaning of the name is really important to me. [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Clare[/name] means “bright resurrection,” which I [name]LOVE[/name]. My biggest hesitation with [name]Silas[/name] is the meaning (“of the woods”…ok, just not particularly cool).

Our last name is two syllables and starts with a B.

Help? :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Victoria[/name]. Unfortunately, it’s not very unusual. I was surprised that it was the #32 name in the US in 2010. Still, I wouldn’t let this deter you if you love the name. [name]Adalia[/name] is pretty and also usual, I think. Here’s some suggestions for middle names that have a [name]Christmas[/name]-y feel:

[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Joy[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]

Any [name]Chris[/name]… name
[name]Casper[/name] - one of the three kings who visited the [name]Christ[/name].
Celyn - Welsh for holly. Pronounced ‘Kellin’
[name]Clementine[/name] ([name]Clementina[/name]) Admittedly, not a christmas name but it reminds me of the festive season.

• scratches head-
    I’ll be back i’m sure.

[name]Tristan[/name] already gave you some great [name]Christmas[/name] middle name suggestions so I’ll give you some names that I think would go well with the elegant [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Clare[/name].
[name]Katharina[/name] / [name]Katia[/name] / [name]Katya[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]/[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Larissa[/name]
[name]Irina[/name]
[name]Olga[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Daria[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Renata[/name]
[name]Lavina[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] / [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Marcella[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Valeria[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Demetria[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Maxima[/name]
[name]Justina[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Candida[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Jocasta[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Paulina[/name]
[name]Theodosia[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Damiana[/name]
[name]Galilea[/name]
[name]Roxanna[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Lisandra[/name]
[name]Josefina[/name]
[name]Danica[/name]
[name]Melania[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Galina[/name]

[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] would be amazing with [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Clare[/name]. [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] is “heavenly victory” in the same way that [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Clare[/name] is “bright resurrection”.

My first thought for a boy’s middle name was [name]Caspar[/name] (traditional name of one of the wise men). [name]Silas[/name] [name]Caspar[/name] works together too.

[name]Noelle[/name] is my favorite Christmasy girls name!

@tristan: I’m surprised [name]Victoria[/name] is #32 as well. My sense is that the popularity is more about its status as a classic than about trendiness. It’s been in the top 100 for the past 50 years, according to the babynamevoyager (which you should also definitely check out, lisavark!).

The babynamevoyager also shows that [name]Victoria[/name] has been on a downward slope since the '90s. So perhaps it will be less popular as your child gets older.

To me, [name]Adalia[/name], while rarer than [name]Victoria[/name] and quite beautiful, still has a very trendy, “of the moment” sound because it’s dominated by vowels and the internal “l.” There are great articles on nameberry about the rise to prominence of vowel-heavy names (for both genders) and names with internal "l"s (the latter is a girls trend in particular).

[name]Adalia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] would both be lovely, I think!

Some [name]Christmas[/name] names I found for girls that start with a “C” are [name]Columba[/name] and [name]Cedar[/name]. I know [name]Columba[/name] is probably a bit longer than what you’re looking for, but I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Cedar[/name] for a girl and I think [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Cedar[/name] sounds lovely. Also, since meaning is important to you, [name]Columba[/name] means “dove” and [name]Cedar[/name] means…well, I guess it means “cedar”, since it’s the name of a tree.

As for boys’ [name]Christmas[/name] “C” names, I found [name]Colombe[/name] (“dove”) and [name]Claus[/name] (“people of victory”). I’m not too sure about [name]Silas[/name] [name]Claus[/name], but I think [name]Silas[/name] Columbe sounds good. And its meaning is cool: “dove of the woods”. :slight_smile:

Here are some suggestions of other names you might like:

[name]Josephine[/name] - “Jehovah increases”
[name]Juliet[/name] - “youthful”
[name]Liliana[/name] - “lily, a flower”
[name]Mirabelle[/name] - “wonderful”
[name]Seraphina[/name] - “ardent; fiery”
[name]Valentina[/name] - “healthy, strong”

[name]Edwin[/name] - “wealthy friend”
[name]Emmett[/name] - “truth; universal”
[name]Felix[/name] - “happy, fortunate”
[name]Jasper[/name] - “bringer of treasure”
[name]Malachi[/name] - “my messenger, angel”
[name]Theo[/name] - “divine gift”

I think [name]Victoria[/name] is a beautiful name so don’t hesitate to use it! :slight_smile: I’ve found some names that have a [name]Christmas[/name]-y feel!

Girls:

[name]Angel[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Candy[/name]
[name]Carol[/name]
[name]Elden[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Joy[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Luz[/name]
[name]Neva[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]/[name]Wynter[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Snow[/name]
[name]Star[/name]

Boys:
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Christian[/name]
[name]Frost[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Midnight[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Rudolph[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]! :slight_smile:

For a girl…

[name]Carmen[/name]/[name]Carmel[/name]/[name]Carmela[/name] - refers to the Virgin [name]Mary[/name].
[name]Citlali[/name] - means “star”
Csilla - also means star. Pronounced “cheela”

[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]! I [name]LOVE[/name] that name. I just got goosebumps. I love [name]Adalia[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] too. Hopefully DH won’t veto that middle name!

Still struggling with boy names so please keep them coming, especially the single-syllable [name]Christmas[/name] ones that start with C…haha. :slight_smile:

ETA: DH is making fun of Celeste so I may still need more girl names too. I think I have enough to be getting on with, though! I think I need to just talk him into Victoria Celeste!

Wow, [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] sounds perfect for you! [name]Celeste[/name] not only starts with a C, but it means heavenly- a perfect way to describe [name]Christmas[/name].

Another name I instantly thought of for you was [name]Carina[/name]. [name]Carina[/name] means “dear little one,” which can easily refer to the the birth of [name]Jesus[/name] (and your own precious gift!). [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Carina[/name] sounds gorgeous!