Names for Our First!! Help!!

[name]HI[/name]! We are struggling to name our first baby so I’m looking for opinions/suggestions about the names/spellings we have so far and first/middle name combos with our last name… Please check out my list and let me know what you think! Thanks!

I had a whole post written out, hit a button and lost it all (this happens to me a lot here for some reason!)

Trying a shorter verion. I voted on your list, it has some nice possibilities on it. [name]Ariana[/name], [name]Malia[/name], and [name]Lianna[/name]. I would like to suggest a few changes or alternates to you. First, [name]Liana[/name], as a spelling is far more graceful looking than [name]Lianna[/name] and I would have voted for [name]Liana[/name], but I can’t for [name]Lianna[/name]. [name]Ariana[/name] is a bit downmarket in my area (New [name]England[/name]) but would you consider [name]Aria[/name]/[name]Arya[/name]? (r-ee-ah) or [name]Ailsa[/name] (AYL-sah). They both sound pretty awesome with your surname (which must be a hard one to work with, sounds wise)! [name]Malia[/name] is my favorite from your girls list, as is. And it sounds pretty great with your suname as well!

Now the boys. I liked [name]Corben[/name] & [name]Zachary[/name] most. [name]Jacoby[/name] & [name]Lincoln[/name] were secondary likes. Like I said, I live in New [name]England[/name] and for me, [name]Logan[/name]'s the local airport, so it does nothing for me. [name]Mason[/name]'s a member of a “secret” society for me (My Pop was & my Brother is a [name]Mason[/name]) [name]Lincoln[/name]'s pretty awesome with your surname as is and [name]Linc[/name] is a wicked cool nickname. And I outright dislike [name]Travis[/name]. I’ve got bad personal associations as well as not liking the sound of [name]Travis[/name] in general.
But I have a few suggestions here that I think may appeal and work with your surname. Would you consider [name]Corwin[/name] or [name]Cormac[/name] instead of [name]Corbin[/name]? There’s also Snassy [name]Truman[/name] that might appeal as an alternative to [name]Travis[/name] & [name]Lincoln[/name] both.

I do think you might want to think about offsetting your two syllable surname with a one or three syllable name:

[name]John[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Fritz[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Noel[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]/[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]

[name]Just[/name] thinking, hope it helps!

[name]Lola[/name], I’ve had that happen to me before (composed a lengthy post and lost it). What I’ve learned to do in the case of a long post is copy the text before pressing any buttons; if I lose what I’ve composed I can then paste it back.

ETA: I remembered that here on Nameberry highlighting a large block of text doesn’t work for some reason, so you’ll need to Select All first and then copy.

Thanks for the thoughtful post! I am having trouble finding first names that flow with our last, which I didn’t really expect. The “aren” in the middle is what is throwing everything off, I think.

[name]Malia[/name] [name]Carys[/name] is my fav girl combo, but I don’t think I like [name]Carys[/name] with our last name. I had thought of buffering it by doing two middles: [name]Malia[/name] [name]Carys[/name] [name]Victoria[/name], but it might just be too much and still kind of rhyme-y. [name]Aliana[/name] and [name]Lianna[/name]/[name]Liana[/name] are my second favs right now, and I’m not sure which spelling I prefer on [name]Lianna[/name]. Visually, I think I prefer one n, but does it make pron confusing (looks like [name]Diana[/name])?

Any suggestions for middle names?

I really like [name]Corben[/name] (nn [name]Coby[/name] or [name]Ben[/name]) and [name]Jacoby[/name], but I can’t sell my hubby on either. I recently saw the name [name]Mason[/name] and it stuck with me. I really like [name]Lincoln[/name] too, but I can’t tell if it’s just a phase. For a boy, I’d really like the mn to be either [name]Jonathan[/name] or [name]Joshua[/name] (both family names) but it’s not absolute b/c I’m not really loving them with the first names.

Keep the suggestions coming!

I prefer [name]Liana[/name] with one L, too. :slight_smile: That said, I wouldn’t use a first name ending in A with your last name, Parent, because [name]Liana[/name] Parent sounds like you’re saying [name]Lee[/name] on A Parent, or the word “apparent.” (The A from [name]Liana[/name] attaches itself to the P in Parent.)

Other ideas:
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Good luck to you!

[name]Eliana[/name] is my favourite from your girls :slight_smile:

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Paige[/name]

[name]Logan[/name] my favourite from boys, my nephew is [name]Logan[/name] [name]Casey[/name]

[name]Logan[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Russell[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]/[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name]

You have some good choices, and I’m sure will settle on something perfect :slight_smile:
My favorites for girls are [name]Malia[/name] and [name]Adrianna[/name]. I like [name]Malia[/name] [name]Carys[/name] but agree it just quite doesn’t do it with your last name. [name]Carys[/name] is a virtue name in my head (love etc) What about [name]Malia[/name] [name]Faith[/name] Parent, [name]Malia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Parent or [name]Malia[/name] [name]True[/name] Parent?

For boys I love [name]Corben[/name] (and [name]Corben[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] Parent sounds so handsome!) I like [name]Jacoby[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name], too. Actually, I like the sound of [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] Parent almost as much as the [name]Corben[/name] combo.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!