Names for our second daughter, please help

We have one daughter named [name]Nina[/name], and another daughter on the way. Our surname is [name]Wales[/name], and we are looking for a name that suits both our surname and complements our first daughter’s name.

Our options so far are:

[name]Simone[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Wales[/name]
(I posted here in this forum about [name]Simone[/name] last week, with possible issues to do with having two girls named [name]Nina[/name] and [name]Simone[/name] - as in the famous singer [name]Nina[/name] [name]Simone[/name])

[name]Thea[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Wales[/name]

[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Simone[/name] [name]Wales[/name]

[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Wales[/name]

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Wales[/name]

[name]Mimi[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Wales[/name]

[name]Mimi[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Wales[/name]

I’d appreciate people’s feedback about these options please.

We are trying to avoid super popular names, but also at the same time keep the names recognisable and not freaky! For that reason, my favourites are [name]Simone[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] because they are not hugely popular. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Zoe[/name] is getting overexposed as a name? I love it, but have a horror of finding my daughter is one of several in her class when she reaches school.

[name]Love[/name] to hear your feedback.

Thanks.

Oh beautiful choices! My favorite is [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Alice[/name], but maybe I love [name]Thea[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] better with [name]Nina[/name]. You have excellent choices and I don’t think you could go wrong, but yeah, I would think about the singer if I met siblings named [name]Nina[/name] and [name]Simone[/name]. Not that that’s a dealbreaker or anything. And yes, I think [name]Zoe[/name] is getting (and will keep getting!) pretty popular.

I really wouldn’t use [name]Simone[/name] with [name]Nina[/name]. I love the name - but I think that a lot of people would think of [name]Nina[/name] [name]Simone[/name] right away. Good luck!

For me, [name]Mimi[/name] is too cutesy and nicknamey so I would eliminate these two combos. [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Wales[/name] is too difficult to say (a lot of “w”) so that’s out. That leaves [name]Simone[/name], [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] still standing! :slight_smile: After long consideration, here are my thoughts.
1 [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Wales[/name] - it was pretty close between [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] but I finally went with [name]Imogen[/name] for these two reasons: (1) it looks and sounds the best with your surname; and (2) it has a different ending.
2 [name]Thea[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Wales[/name] - this name has the same ending as [name]Nina[/name] and a prominent “ee” sound like her name so these similarities knocked it down to No# 2.
3 [name]Simone[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Wales[/name] - This lovely French name is third due to [name]Nina[/name] [name]Simone[/name] association. But I wonder how many in the general population or where you live would even know [name]Nina[/name] [name]Simone[/name]?

My favorites with [name]Nina[/name] are [name]Simone[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. Good luck!

I like [name]Thea[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]. [name]Zoe[/name] is getting more popular but I don’t think its too overly used, at least not yet

I think [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is adorable!