Names from my old Animal Crossing game... Is it a sign?!

I’ve been playing a lot of Animal Crossing: [name_u]New[/name_u] Horizons of late and it reminded me of when I used to play the old Animal Crossing: [name_u]Wild[/name_u] World game on my Nintendo DS when I was around 6-8 years old. Well, I decided to dig out the old game and load it up, and the names of my characters surprised me.

I had 4 different character saves, and 2 of them had names that are currently on my favourites list & on my user card - [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] & [name_u]Asher[/name_u].

I was actually taken aback! I don’t even remember making these characters because I was sooo young then, and I had no idea those names were in my mind as a kid? I thought I had discovered them recently but apparently not :joy: I don’t even know where 6yo me had heard [name_u]Asher[/name_u] before (I’ve never met an [name_u]Asher[/name_u]).

Oh & in case you’re wondering about the other 2 characters… One of them was named after me, and the other was called “[name_f]Lovely[/name_f]”? Not sure I’ll be adding that one to my list.

3 Likes

That’s a super fun discovery. Maybe it is a sign!

2 Likes

I love this! I opened Nintendogs years later and my corgi was called [name_f]Layla[/name_f]. That name is totally not my style nowadays, so I was surprised. I remember liking the names [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (still do) and the name combo [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (BO as initials always bothered me lol). I also remember liking the middle name Shilah for a boy, pronounced Shy-lah. I’m not sure I like it anymore, but I like [name_f]Selah[/name_f] for a boy which is a girls name. I guess things haven’t changed lol.

1 Like

Hmm… interesting! [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] are such fun choices, they go together quite well too!

I’ve been playing [name_u]Wild[/name_u] World a lot recently (because I don’t have [name_u]New[/name_u] Horizons :cry: ), but the names don’t really reflect my name style now. One was from another game (Purianne), and one was a crush from when I was younger ([name_m]Edward[/name_m], super awkward). One was a name I do still sort of like ([name_f]Nyla[/name_f]), but I named my DnD character, so I wouldn’t use now (there are a lot of nylon comments). And for some reason I can’t remember, the character I mostly play with is called jessica (there being no capital annoys me so much now). I did have a doll called [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and it’s my godmother’s name, but I don’t recall naming her after them haha.

2 Likes

That’s so fun! [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] are so great!

I love [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] so much! Must be something subconscious at play… so cool!

1 Like