Names from mythological places

Lately I have been interested in names that come from Mythological places, such as

[name_f]Styx[/name_f] (The river between earth and the Underworld)
[name_u]Elysian[/name_u] (The [name_u]Elysian[/name_u] fields are like The Greek version of heaven)
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] (A safe haven in Celtic mythology)

I’m curious of other names that come from mythology (or places that can be used as names). If you know of any others, please reply with them : )

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Styx[/name_f] and [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]! I might actually give my daughter the name [name_f]Avalon[/name_f].

Others:
[name_f]Arcadia[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Delphi[/name_f]
[name_m]Olympus[/name_m] - [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nysa[/name_f]
[name_u]Atlantis[/name_u]

1 Like

Aiaia is a real guilty pleasure of mine, it’s the name of Circe’s [name_u]Island[/name_u]

2 Likes

Not mythology per se but I love [name_m]Anduin[/name_m], from LOTR, and [name_m]Florin[/name_m], from The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f].

ETA: [name_f]Elsinore[/name_f], from [name_m]Hamlet[/name_m]!

1 Like

[name_f]Valhalla[/name_f] comes to mind! Also Kalevala / [name_m]Kaleva[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f], [name_f]Illyria[/name_f], and [name_f]Ithaca[/name_f] are some I really liked when I trawled through the map in my Greek mythology book for name inspo years ago haha. I’ve actually started considering [name_f]Illyria[/name_f] and [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] more seriously recently.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I love all these names :smile:

I think [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] is great name to give to your daughter!

1 Like

[name_m]Yggdrasil[/name_m]
Brittia
Alatyr
Antillia
Lintukoto
Zerzura

[name_f]Nirvana[/name_f] - a state rather than a place but similar vibe

[name_m]Tir[/name_m] na nOg is a place in Irish mythology but it’s a bit much for a name. Maybe shorten it to Tirnan/Tiernan?

Not mythology but fantasy place names:
[name_f]Narnia[/name_f]
[name_u]Rohan[/name_u]
Rivendell
Arendelle

1 Like

Brittia and Zerzura are really interesting, thank you! Arendelle also came to mind when I was making this post lol